THA GONZ is offline Associate Member

WTF is wrong with people??

Why is it that in todays society atleast half the population, if not more, seem to be dependent on prescrition drugs of some sort?? What is the deal, people need to learn how to deal with life! There are good times and bad, get over it!
    It seems like everyone I know is on some sort of anxiety pill or anti-depressant and they can't get through a day with out them, get a f%ckin grip.

I know some people have serious problems and may really need these drugs, but, I think most people use them as a cruch so they don't have to deal with anything.

The sad thing is you can just go to a doctor and tell them you feel down and you'll walk out with a perscription for some f'in drug. Doctors should be doing extensive tests before writing out scripts for people.

I've gone through alot of sh*tty things in my life, but the day I become dependant on pills to get me through a day, some one please shoot me!

Its like people think the key to a happy life is in a pill or something.

Sorry just had to vent.

Any one else feel this way?

-GONZ

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    i feel the same way, but then again someone could look at steroid use in the same light. I know steroids are different from recreational drugs or RX's for depression, but none the less it could still be used in that context.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    I just say people are lazy. Too many parents are getting told their kids are ADD/ADHD and they are put on some medication. Only in the extreme cases is that true, but most of the time its just the kids are lazy. I know for a fact I have a short attention span, but I know what I have to do, and I get it done in class.

THA GONZ is offline Associate Member
    Oh most definatly it could, and sometimes I think about that aswell, its like people don't want to work for anything anymore. Its funny because the more science advances the lazier people get.

Tony Soprano is offline Associate Member
    People get depressed over the ****iest most trivial things these days. For example: Poor Johnny gets depressed because he watches MTV Cribs and sees some famous negro basketball player with the tight SUV with the bling bling rims. Then he sees his 5 billion sq foot mansion and thinks feels inferior to him.

Or Sally the slut cant keep up with the Jones and gets jealous because they just bought a brand new Kia SUV.(SUV's may be the cause for lots of depression, lol)

Or how about Phil the Geek can't get into MIT, yet has to 'settle' for Stanford. The horror!!!

They should put on TV a show called "Losers". Watch that show and everyone's self-esteem will rise like bread in an oven...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by THA GONZ

Any one else feel this way?

-GONZ
    Not me personally, no.

There are some cases where individuals utilize prescrip. meds where they are not needed, yes. Much could be said about many products the world has to offer. That's a given.

On the flip side, there are many who are in need of such medecine, and are in need of "vitamins for the brain" as they are called. Clinical depression and anxiety attacks are real life chemical imbalances, and can make your life pure hell if those imbalances are not corrected. It's not "all in your head" when it comes to these conditions, even though the lack of a particular enzyme or chemical needed to feel "normal", does occur in this location.

~SC~

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree, there are so many problems that could be solved with diet, exercise, discipline, or a swift kick in the ass.

decadbal is offline Banned
    why does it matter, u dont take em do ya... lifes alot better and easier when you dont mind other ppls biz..

TooSmall is offline Associate Member
    its gonna be just like the book "a brave new world"

decadbal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by animal-inside
    it matters to me because alot of the 15% tax I spend on every dollar goes to Canada's Medical plan.. Medical care is free in Canada because they pay for it through our taxes..

I eat right and exercise.. I have cost the government 25$ in the last 4 years in medical costs.. while my dad who is over weight and dosne't move costs them about 1000$ every 6 months all related to his diabetes which would have been prevented with proper diet and exercise.. Even now if he lost the excess weight and exercised his diabetes woudl be 85% better..

that a good enough explanation?
    whatever works for you, i was just stating that ppl need to mind their own biz, not sit around and worry bout someone else who takes something.... everyone gets screwed with taxes..

Thread Information