What a sad situation!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Southwest....ap/index.html

10-year-old boy kills father on custody visit
    Saturday, August 28, 2004 Posted: 4:24 PM EDT (2024 GMT)

HOUSTON, Texas (AP) -- A 10-year-old boy fatally shot his physician father after the man arrived to pick him up for a weekend visit, authorities said.

Rick James Lohstroh, 41, was struck several times Friday as he sat in his sport utility vehicle, said Sgt. B.E. Williams of the Harris County Sheriff's Department.

The boy, using his mother's gun, fired through the back seat before getting out of the vehicle and continuing to shoot, Williams said. Lohstroh, a doctor at the University of Texas Medical Branch, died on the way to a hospital.

The shooting happened outside the home where the boy lived with his mother and 7-year-old brother, who were inside at the time, Williams said. Lohstroh and the boy's mother shared custody of the children.

Harris County Sheriff's Deputy Jeff Dixie would not discuss the boy's whereabouts or charges.

Authorities said they had been called to the home before in an ongoing family dispute.
    Last edited by trailrider38; 08-28-2004 at 10:43 PM.

Badgerman is offline Banned
    Bummer......how much of this stuff is learned from TV violence??

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    wow that is so depressing...

sorry but i needed to share that with someone, i am a father of three two of which are from a divorce.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrider38
    sorry but i needed to share that with someone, i am a father of three two of which are from a divorce.

Man, I hate reading about stuff like that..

Badgerman is offline Banned
    It's getting so wierd......people blungeoning people over an X-box.....now this.....what is up with all the violence in this country.

UnNaturalBuff is offline Member
    better make sure not to cut their tv time short

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    maybe he had a reason-maybe daddy tried to widen his ass hole or maybe he smacked mom around-who knows at this point?

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Just started a thread about this.

THA GONZ is offline Associate Member
    Good thing mommy knows how to lock up her guns,

Its sad, and who knows why it happened. If they find out the guy was molesting his kids then he deserved it. Whatever the reason is it could have been easily prevented if the mother locked up the gun. IMO another case of bad parenting. You shouldn't have a gun in the house with young kids unless its locked up and out of their reach!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by THA GONZ

Its sad, and who knows why it happened. If they find out the guy was molesting his kids then he deserved it. Whatever the reason is it could have been easily prevented if the mother locked up the gun. IMO another case of bad parenting. You shouldn't have a gun in the house with young kids unless its locked up and out of their reach!
    You read my mind bro!

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    another example of why selling guns to the general public is stupid!

drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    Bummer......how much of this stuff is learned from TV violence??

dont blam that **** on tv or video games thats just bull**** kid have done this befor both of them were around its just now tv and people say hey lets blam tv rap video games for all our problems in the world

Quote Originally Posted by BamaSlamma
    maybe he had a reason-maybe daddy tried to widen his ass hole or maybe he smacked mom around-who knows at this point?
    I would put my money on a messy divorce and brainwashing from bitter mommy...

Red

Quote Originally Posted by drdeath613
    dont blam that **** on tv or video games thats just bull**** kid have done this befor both of them were around its just now tv and people say hey lets blam tv rap video games for all our problems in the world
    agree 100%

.....blame mommy

Sad thing is the mother will probably try blaming it on a video game or movie the kid has been watching or playing.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Red , YOU READ MY MIND! Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!

max-it is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    I would put my money on a messy divorce and brainwashing from bitter mommy...

Red
    That is exactly what I was thinking. Parents who badmouth their former spouse in the presence of their children are doing severe damage to the chold's mental state. This kid didn't learn do hate is father this bad on his own. If there was abuse the father would not have had visitation. I blame the mother.

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Very sad, the kid will have problems with this later on in life too, imagine killing your own dad, without knowing you did, well you know.

Oh dont get me started too... on the whole GUN issue. If there wasnt a gun in the house, if the mom never owned one, instead owning some mase, a baseball bat or a knife this wouldnt of happened.

As i have said before guns only cause trouble.

But yea on subject poor kid, can u actually be charged for something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    another example of why selling guns to the general public is stupid!

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK

But yea on subject poor kid, can u actually be charged for something like that?
    He'll be charged, most likely as a juvinile so he'll probably go to a kiddie jail until he's 18 and then be let loose, It's SAD!

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    Its truly sad, but we dont know the whole story. It said the police had been to the home before. Its sad another Rick James bites the dust
    Rick James Lohstroh, 41

Physical_Specimen is offline Junior Member
    Thats messed up

and sad to say the least

What I find most depressing is that my boy just turned 11 and I simply cannot imagine him or a boy his age killing someone in cold blood.

I mean this was premeditated, and executed COLDLY! He shot his dad thru the back of his car seat and KEPT ON shooting as he ran out of the car...

There is no hope for a kid like that... If he wasn't brainwashed by his mom, I cannot possibly imagine what would drive him to do such a thing.

Messy, I don't think a gun made any difference here... seeing how coldly he executed his father I am sure he would have done the same with a knife, poison or pushed him into incoming traffic. This was a premeditated murder (for whatever reason), not an accident...

Red

The question at this day and age is how can a 10 year old boy devise something so horrific? The only killing I did at 10 was with my X-Men figurines . . . Now the only killing I do to date is on the PS2 . . . but

P.S. I beat people relentlessly, jk

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Messy, I don't think a gun made any difference here... seeing how coldly he executed his father I am sure he would have done the same with a knife, poison or pushed him into incoming traffic. This was a premeditated murder (for whatever reason), not an accident...

Red

Yea do see what you mean, TBH i dont think the kid knew 100% what he was doing, he will grow up, hating himself and i would bet that he will either lead a life of crime and murder or kill himself.

I will tell you honestly right now. If i was for example 10, and i killed my dad, or my mum, for whatever purpose, i would get older and realise whatever happened there wasnt a need to kill them, i personally would kill myself. BUT as i do not know if the kid was treated badly by the father that statement may change.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by THA GONZ

How about eliminating gun ownership.

No gun = no shooting = no dead dad

Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...=120517&page=2

Maybe you should visit this thread Loz.

i agree with you 100%

decadbal is offline Banned
    violence occurs bc of stupid ppl, not bc of guns... u can kill someone with your hands as easily as u can with a gun... maybe messy needs his hand removed....

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    violence occurs bc of stupid ppl, not bc of guns... u can kill someone with your hands as easily as u can with a gun... maybe messy needs his hand removed....
    Maybe you should wake up mate

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    So that 10 year old could of killed his dad with his hands?

decadbal is offline Banned
    sure, he could, i am awake, apparantly messy lives in his own world, i just hope that when someone robs it, they are polite and euro trash with a gun....

nope u he be tryed as a adult they done it befor he will go to a kiddie jail till 18 then prison

Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod

no guns for the masses

black market guns for thoses who can pay for them

= alot of crime with no way to protect your family

Quote Originally Posted by drdeath613
    no guns for the masses

black market guns for thoses who can pay for them

= alot of crime with no way to protect your family
    Black market guns start as legal guns. Cut off the supply, cut off the trafic.

I don't think the gun is the issue here, it is the parents and thier lack of parenting... I imagine the mother crying in front of the kids how terrible daddy is and how he has split up the family. I can imagine her crying how she wished he was dead. i can see how a ten year old boy in the middle of a messy divorce would come to the conclusion that if he made his mothers wish come true she would be happy again... be it a knife, poison, a gun or many other unimaginable means he would kill his father for doing this terrible thing to his mother.... a gun is just a tool in this instance.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    The mother will be charged

I don't think the gun is the issue here, it is the parents and thier lack of parenting... I imagine the mother crying in front of the kids how terrible daddy is and how he has split up the family. I can imagine her crying how she wished he was dead.
    And thats if it wasn't her literally putting the gun in her boys hand... (which would not surprise me at all).

A 10 year old is EXTREMELY impressionable and easy to influence. It doesn't take much to put an idea in a pre-teen's head. I know I constantly have to watch what I say around my boy... he's done a lot of stupid things which I can easily trace back to things I've said.

Red

Thread Information