Thread: hypersomnia.

hypersomnia.

if anyone has read through theyre new muscle development mag, they talk about a problem which i am determined that i think i have. its called hypersomnia, your basically going through your day feeling like garbage and sleepy as sh!t all day. this has been with me for a while now. its so stinkin hard just to get a half way decent mentality going into the gym without having to gag down 500/600 mg of caffeine and ephedra.

theyre's a drug doctors can perscribe you and i have a doctors appointment coming tomorrow, to get blood tested before i go on my suspension/var cycle in my 4th year of powerlifting.

when i sleep a good 8-10 hours, i wake up tired. when i sleep 4-5 hours i feel the same exact way. when i dont sleep at all, i will have just as much energy in the gym, as i did if i were to sleep regularly. this is pissin me off badly, im determined to win my weight class this year, and im not gonna let this disorder rip me off.

is anyone else familiar with this?

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsallmental

when i sleep a good 8-10 hours, i wake up tired.
    Sleep apnea maybe????

Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    Sleep apnea maybe????
    what is that? and i dont just wake up tired when i sleep good, my diet will be 100% in order, and i will still feel like garbage and still feel tired.

decadbal is offline Banned
    sleep is the cousin of death

what is that? and i dont just wake up tired when i sleep good, my diet will be 100% in order, and i will still feel like garbage and still feel tired.
    Sleep apnea is when you stop breathing in your sleep and you get deprived of oxygen in your sleep and you wake up tired. It's also bad on the heart.

Sleep apnea is when you stop breathing in your sleep and you get deprived of oxygen in your sleep and you wake up tired. It's also bad on the heart.

i might have to look into this. i really got to get this situation resolved, i might have the ability to bench well in the high 400's this year or maybe even hit 500, but i will never know untill i can get this sh!t ass disorder off me. my mentality wants to crush in the gym, but my body wants to sleep.

i might have to look into this. i really got to get this situation resolved, i might have the ability to bench well in the high 400's this year or maybe even hit 500, but i will never know untill i can get this sh!t ass disorder off me. my mentality wants to crush in the gym, but my body wants to sleep.
    Well the next time your boyfriend spends the night have him watch you in your sleep to see if you stop breathing during the night.

Well the next time my mom spends the night have her watch you in your sleep to see if you stop breathing during the night.
    good idea bro.

good idea bro.
    Seriously, thats one way, but to be diagnosed your doctor has to send you for a sleep study.

Seriously, thats one way, but to be diagnosed your doctor has to send you for a sleep study.
    ya, i know you have the muscle development also, if you can do me a favor, and flip to the page that talks about this disorder(forgot what section) and look up the drug that it states to accompany it, i wanna mention it to my doc tomorrow and see if he can perscribe it to me.

by the way, you musta not read my quote, when i said "good idea"

What you can do is go to a sleep clinic and theyll put a videocamera on you while you sleep probably and see if you toss and turn too much. I think theres drugs they give you to help.

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    i remember watching some tv show about a woman who slept on average 20 hours a day...she later got some treatment that made it possible for her to stay up

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    are you suffering from a depression? That could be the cause

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    are you suffering from a depression? That could be the cause

i was, before i ever did my first cycle, for some time, then right after my first cycle, when i didnt run proper pct(which was the main cause), i didnt want anti depressants. i didnt need anti depressants. it was all a mind game to me and i conquered it well. i havnt had a depression problem for some time now.

Thread Information