Thread: MP3 Player help

ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member

MP3 Player help

Ok i got this Nike Mp3 player, i hook it up to my comp and download all the necasary things, now i try to put songs on it and it doesn't even show up as being there, basically i can't get any songs on it. It is the psa128(max) made by nike/philips?
    Any help please, or else i jsut got myself a fancy looking paper wieght

if you are using windows 2000 and up you should be able to open my computer and notice a new removable drive available.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    It wont work, no usb driver works for it. whenever you try to install the driver it says it completed the install but with errors.

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    if thats the case then go into hardware to see what is wrong with the driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    It wont work, no usb driver works for it. whenever you try to install the driver it says it completed the install but with errors.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTommy
    Ok i got this Nike Mp3 player, i hook it up to my comp and download all the necasary things, now i try to put songs on it and it doesn't even show up as being there, basically i can't get any songs on it. It is the psa128(max) made by nike/philips?
    Any help please, or else i jsut got myself a fancy looking paper wieght
    Sometimes Mp3 players come with special software (not drivers) that copy the songs for you. Did yours come with something like "MusicMatch Jukebox", or something of that sort? If so, try using that software to load your songs.

This software usually, before copying the files to the mp3 player, encrypts the media in order to prevent you from copying the songs onto another machine.

I've found a way around this for certain players; convert the mp3's to .wmv/wma files before copying them to the device. For some reason these manufactures don't care if you distribute wmv/wma files to other machines.

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    Sometimes Mp3 players come with special software (not drivers) that copy the songs for you. Did yours come with something like "MusicMatch Jukebox", or something of that sort? If so, try using that software to load your songs.

This software usually, before copying the files to the mp3 player, encrypts the media in order to prevent you from copying the songs onto another machine.

I've found a way around this for certain players; convert the mp3's to .wmv/wma files before copying them to the device. For some reason these manufactures don't care if you distribute wmv/wma files to other machines.
    Yea, when mp3 players first came out a couple years ago, i got the compaq one. Big mistake, because even for a couple years after that, they would only allow one software package to be compitible with it in terms of uploading songs. The company eventually charged for their software and the new versions werent even compitible with my compaq.

Either way, try to find the uploading software ( ex. musicmatch, rio, iTunes, etc) that works with your exact model mp3 player, then download it.

If you can though, ditch that mp3 player and get an iPod. Its compatible and error free like you wouldnt believe. If you dont like apple, then get Dells competitive version.

Good luck,

-ost

Quote Originally Posted by MMC78

yea thats what they gave me that jukebox thing, but id doesn't even show it connected to my comp through the jukebox

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    its the usb driver. it isnt compatible or some ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    its the usb driver. it isnt compatible or some ****.
    the how come when you worked on it the first time we got those like 6 songs on there?

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTommy
    the how come when you worked on it the first time we got those like 6 songs on there?

I dunno... mine works fine. Maybe the USB port you're using is bad.. try a different post?

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    I dunno... mine works fine. Maybe the USB port you're using is bad.. try a different post?
    i have, do you have the same mp3 player?

Thread Information