mustang331 is offline Member

So the cops did a search on my house and I had 2k in juice but they never said anythn

Wanna hear a story..

I will make this short..

I am posting because just curious why they didn't bust me..

About a year ago my cousin passed away at my house, he was visiting from NY and we partied when he got in.. Pretty stupid we did stupid drugs.. Sadly he never woke up..

Well 911 got there and in my panic they needed me to sign a search warrant.. Obviously I let em ( DUH! ) I had about 2k worth of juice holding for me and a friend.. they found some drugs from my cousin in my spare room where he was staying.. All my drawers were emptied out on my bed.. Including my juice.. Not in a bag or anything, just laid out..

Well needless to say, they never even mentioned it..

Thinking of this today I wonder why they didn't.. I think if they had to mention it I would of had to of gone to jail, and at that point they probably knew I was going to suffer enough. On top of that they knew my cousin's father was a LT. at NYPD...

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    where do ya live?

UnNaturalBuff is offline Member
    maybe because they didn't have a search warrent they weren't actually allowed to take it, only rec drugs

Should droped him off at the hospital instead and told them you found him that way and not give your name.

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    i think having his father being a lieutenant for a father may have had something to do with it. My dad was a lt for the illinois state police and i've gotten away with a pretty good amount of stuff...........still sorry to hear about your loss though

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBuff
    Should droped him off at the hospital instead and told them you found him that way and not give your name.

Drop my cousin off??? ARE YOU NUTS!!! I was doing CPR on him, he was my love..

They did have a search warrant, I gave them permission for total search..

At that point I could care less what they found..

Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    i think having his father being a lieutenant for a father may have had something to do with it. My dad was a lt for the illinois state police and i've gotten away with a pretty good amount of stuff...........still sorry to hear about your loss though

Yea it sucks, Learning to deal with it the best I can.. I do think his dad being a LT had something to do with it..

I remember 3 detectives coming to me after searching my house, with my cousins wallet, and asing why he had a badge.. I told them about his father, and their faces just dropped. ( I remember that scene everyday )

Quote Originally Posted by mustang331
    Drop my cousin off??? ARE YOU NUTS!!! I was doing CPR on him, he was my love..
    don't you think the hospital woulda done a better job then you coulda?? And it sounds like they didn't even send an abulence so ya woulda been better off droping him off at the hospital, they coulda givin him more help.

don't you think the hospital woulda done a better job then you coulda?? And it sounds like they didn't even send an abulence so ya woulda been better off droping him off at the hospital, they coulda givin him more help.

Well I walked out of my room to find him not breathing. My G/F was on the phone with 911 right away while I was doing CPR.. 911 got there in NO JOKE 3 min... ( To this day I can't beleive how fast they were )

did they send an abulence? or did just the cops show up?

did they send an abulence? or did just the cops show up?

about 3 abulence's and 6 or so cop cars.. All at once!

well that's good to hear they tried everything they could, very sorry for your lose btw.

So did you get in any trouble for the other stuff they found?

well that's good to hear they tried everything they could, very sorry for your lose btw.

So did you get in any trouble for the other stuff they found?

Well they found coke,oxy's,xannax.. Not a crap load.. In anysense, My father and I went to talk to the captain, when my dad asked him, about what there gonna do about the stuff they found, the captain was basically like " I have not Idea what your talking about "

I guess they we're cool people, at that point I could care less if I was going to jail or not..

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    They had consent to search not a warrant it sounds like and depending on the reason for the search they couldn't have used the evidence against you anyway. They were probably looking for weapons more than anything else...and that was for officer safety. There's a doctrine called "fruit of the poisoness tree" basically stating that evidence found during an illegal search, for instance, can't be used against you. If you were being patted down for weapons and had a bag of weed in your pocket..they can confiscate it...but can't charge you with it. Now if the search was "incident to arrest" and they found it.....it would be a different story. The search of your home is similar and the rules are pretty strict as to what they can seize and what they can't. It's complicated....but you were probably saved because their hands were tied by case law...from the supreme court.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Or...the good ol' boy network kicked in.
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    They had consent to search not a warrant it sounds like and depending on the reason for the search they couldn't have used the evidence against you anyway. They were probably looking for weapons more than anything else...and that was for officer safety. There's a doctrine called "fruit of the poisoness tree" basically stating that evidence found during an illegal search, for instance, can't be used against you. If you were being patted down for weapons and had a bag of weed in your pocket..they can confiscate it...but can't charge you with it. Now if the search was "incident to arrest" and they found it.....it would be a different story. The search of your home is similar and the rules are pretty strict as to what they can seize and what they can't. It's complicated....but you were probably saved because their hands were tied by case law...from the supreme court.

Exactly CB! Plus the search warrant has to specifically spell out what their looking for to be a legal search. Say their looking for weapons and it say only weapons on the search warrant and they find ur gear they cant use that against u like CB so eloquently stated.

I remember u posting this a while back. Sorry again for ur lose!!

OG

Helps to pay attention in Constitutional Law class and search and seizure class at the academy

Well, I don't think they were looking for weapon's.. They worked on my cousin, for about 30 minutes before they took him to the hospital, I was trying my best to let the paramedics know what he took, but I was so panicee. The cops searched for drugs and only drugs.. To see what he was taking..

Well no matter what they were looking for....because it wasn't found incident to arrest or as the result of a specific search warrant....they can't use it. They could have arrested you and charged you for possession, but they knew it would get thrown out in court.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    maybe because they didn't have a search warrent they weren't actually allowed to take it, only rec drugs

Most people can't think very calmy when something like that happens....

Thread Information