Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member

Put a deposit on a new car

Subaru WRX STi. Never drove a car like this before simply amazing. tested the g35 coupe, is300, lancer evo. this car simply destroyed the competition in almost every category (except luxury when it come to the lex and inf) sucks tho i gotta get winter tires and wheels now. not to mention the race tires they give you are rated for 10k miles........ ill give it around 6k before i need new tires(280 a pop, ouch!!)

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    ugh, id never get it simply because of the interior, same goes for the lancer evo 7

it is suprisingly comfortable which i could not believe. the ergonomics of the interior arent abd at all, a little lacking but it is a race car so that is to be expected.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    what is the deal with tires? Why such a price?

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    Subaru WRX STi. Never drove a car like this before simply amazing. tested the g35 coupe, is300, lancer evo. this car simply destroyed the competition in almost every category (except luxury when it come to the lex and inf) sucks tho i gotta get winter tires and wheels now. not to mention the race tires they give you are rated for 10k miles........ ill give it around 6k before i need new tires(280 a pop, ouch!!)

NICE bro! Im getting one also. Well, once i sell my s2000 i am. Post some pics when u get it....Good luck with it!

OG

thanks bro. the deal with the tires is that they are basically drag slicks lol. very beefy and very hard......guess that is why they are so expensive. im sure i could find a comparable replacement for less but from what i heard the bridgestone potenzas(z rated) they stick on there are just made for this car....who knows we will see

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Acctually the tires are not hard, they are a very soft compound and wear very quick, they are ultra performance and all these tires will cost you in the 250.00-350.00 per tire...that's the price of performance...XXL

i meant the side wall is hard, but yes you are right its a softer compund. sucks abouyt the price tho. found them on tire rack for around 200

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    pretty quick too, i raced one with some mods including a small shot of nos and he took me by about 2 cars.......i got to watch him shoot flames through every gear, GOD i hate losing to 4 bangers

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    why didnt you go used?

same warranty and rollin off the lot depreciation wouldnt affect you. I bought a new G35 ... sold it, took a hit, never buy new again, if there is a warranty left IMO

I like em, what color?

did you get it fully loaded?

the tires I believe are michelin Pilot sports and yes they are pricey same on the G35.

and remember, as I am sure you know, your gonna have to get rims and tires that mount over the Brembos.

Pork Chop is offline Member
    Good daily driver. If you could bare a winter beater for 3 months an 03 Cobra would have been worth considering.

Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    why didnt you go used?

same warranty and rollin off the lot depreciation wouldnt affect you. I bought a new G35 ... sold it, took a hit, never buy new again, if there is a warranty left IMO

I like em, what color?

did you get it fully loaded?

the tires I believe are michelin Pilot sports and yes they are pricey same on the G35.

and remember, as I am sure you know, your gonna have to get rims and tires that mount over the Brembos.

the buy price was great thats why i got a new one. the warranty im sure ill void by the spring time with mods so thats not a concern either lol. there arent many options to get with the car, i got the arm rest ext, the turbo gauge, the auto dimming mirror. i didnt go with the 3 pod guage set cause it looks cheesy, rather get an autometer aftermarket job. the carbon fiber trim i thought was cheesy too, i kind of like the machined aluminum look it has. the only thing i wanted that the dealer said would take a while was the short throw shifter, i can always have it put it for the same price down the road....

the tires are bridgestone potenza ultra high perf summer tires....
    good look on the brembo's im not gonna go crazy with new rims just some plain 5-6 spoke wheel will suffice, im gonna go to a local distributor when i get the car to check out what sort of apps i can get....

mfenske is offline Member
    Dude, way to go. As I see it the WRX is one of the best values in all of the auto world. Period. If they made an STI wagon I'd buy it tomorrow. As it stands I am waiting till next fall for my silver wagon. If you are gonna do any mods I recommend the flat black APS front mounted intercooler. That way you can ditch the stock hood for the Impreza hood. Remove the gaudy rear wing and you've got a total sleeper. I feel bad for the mulleteers in your town with Mustangs and Camaros when you take delivery Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mfenske
    Dude, way to go. As I see it the WRX is one of the best values in all of the auto world. Period. If they made an STI wagon I'd buy it tomorrow. As it stands I am waiting till next fall for my silver wagon. If you are gonna do any mods I recommend the flat black APS front mounted intercooler. That way you can ditch the stock hood for the Impreza hood. Remove the gaudy rear wing and you've got a total sleeper. I feel bad for the mulleteers in your town with Mustangs and Camaros when you take delivery Mark
    haha yea actually the dealer i got it from he owns one souped up a lot he pleaded with me not to get a front mount intercooler (like an EVO) because even in a slow rear ending accident your out 1G before the body work, thats assuming the fins didnt crack and go in the heads and so forth. it is a sick idea tho. there is a company that makes all custom up/down pipes headers and exhaust work im gonna look into that. as far as mods when i get it i think im just gonna put in a blow off valve and wait till spring time for the intake, pulleys and the above mentioned piping

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Awesome car bro. Ive wanted a WRX since they first came out. You lucky dog

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    Awesome car bro. Ive wanted a WRX since they first came out. You lucky dog
    i know me too, when i first saw the wrx at the auto show in nyc i fell in love then they came out with this beast... i just cant wait till it comes in

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    NICE bro! Im getting one also. Well, once i sell my s2000 i am. Post some pics when u get it....Good luck with it!

OG
    Hmm.. I wonder who convinced you? hahhah

Good choice on the car gents!

thanks bro. the deal with the tires is that they are basically drag slicks lol. very beefy and very hard......guess that is why they are so expensive. im sure i could find a comparable replacement for less but from what i heard the bridgestone potenzas(z rated) they stick on there are just made for this car....who knows we will see
    Like Mike said.. drag slicks are NOT hard.. they are soft.. slicks are often soft enough to pick up a quarter off the road ...
    The side walls aren't that hard either, as 'slicks' are made to crimp slightly....

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    New cars- I will stick with my Fiat 500!

thanks dude any reccomendations for a blow off valve?

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    thanks dude any reccomendations for a blow off valve?

Blitz of course!

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)

Why would you feel bad for them? I took an STI by 2 lengths on the freeway. Car is still way sick tho.

Yeah I know.. poor poor guys in their Cobras... gawd..must be awful having all that wonderful muscle... lol..pfft...

Other than the fact that they drive a Mustang or Camaro? I'm just messing. There are a few of those cars around there that are really quick, but the majority of dudes (here in Central, WI) that drive them are mullet-sportin' NASCAR hicks. I respect any car that is fast. Mark

Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    Blitz of course!
    hahahahaa

im thinking either HKS or Greddy

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Yeah I know.. poor poor guys in their Cobras... gawd..must be awful having all that wonderful muscle... lol..pfft...
    I will say that I like the looks of the new Mustang. I dig the 60's Mustangs a lot. One of my wife's friends has a Saleen S281 and that thing is SICK! I just for everyday driving I would take the Subie over the Stang. Mark

see i like the mustang but they always cheese you out.. examples: not painting the side mirrors the same as the body, non functional hood scoops. im sorry but that is the gayest thing i have ever see/heard of. carol shelby must have kicked the wall when he saw that nonsense

see i like the mustang but they always cheese you out.. examples: not painting the side mirrors the same as the body, non functional hood scoops. im sorry but that is the gayest thing i have ever see/heard of. carol shelby must have kicked the wall when he saw that nonsense
    The Mach1, for example, has a functional 'scoop', and the mirrors do come color matched...

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    They still make fords?! No?!

the top one is a cobra, the bottom is a mach 1.... that is a functional hood scoop. shaker hood i believe like the chargers of yester year. the mirrors match on the cobra, not the mach 1. i know its very stupid and prob most people dont pa attention to things like that but i think that its the little things that can make a car great instead of being good.

Philliagorillia is offline Associate Member
    hahahahaa

im thinking either HKS or Greddy
    I'd really shop around for a good BOV man, For that car i would suggest the HKS SSQ or the Greddy Type S but with either one of these you will need to buy the weld on flange kits so they mount correctly. I noticed that someone in the thread mentioned blitz, if you go for blitz a good one for that car would be the Blitz DD, and again from what i know your most likely gonna need the flange kit because of the cars FMIC....

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    did you ever consider a used Z06. Thats a friggen fast car mang.

the top one is a cobra, the bottom is a mach 1.... that is a functional hood scoop. shaker hood i believe like the chargers of yester year. the mirrors match on the cobra, not the mach 1. i know its very stupid and prob most people dont pa attention to things like that but i think that its the little things that can make a car great instead of being good.
    I am quite aware which cars they are bro... however they ARE both mustangs, and each car posesses a trait you said they did not.. that was my point... you CAN get matching mirrors, and you CAN get a functional scoop as part of a mustang package... just thought I would point that out, that is all..

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    I am quite aware which cars they are bro... however they ARE both mustangs, and each car posesses a trait you said they did not.. that was my point... you CAN get matching mirrors, and you CAN get a functional scoop as part of a mustang package... just thought I would point that out, that is all..

Fords suck....

OG

just fukin withya bro......

Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    Fords suck....

OG

just fukin withya bro......
    JUST FOR YOU OG_TRIPLE_OG
    Attached Images Attached Images  

funny ish

yo i was looking at that HKS bov but it says that there is no welding required......

i know you know...you posted it lol things like the mirrors and the func hood scoop arent on a base model. i just think that if you are going to put a mock hood scoop on a car you may as well not have it at all its cheesy thats all.

i know you know...you posted it lol things like the mirrors and the func hood scoop arent on a base model. i just think that if you are going to put a mock hood scoop on a car you may as well not have it at all its cheesy thats all.
    Can you imagine the crap these guys would give Honda or Toyota if they put a fake hood scoop on a car? Mark

Can you imagine the crap these guys would give Honda or Toyota if they put a fake hood scoop on a car? Mark
    Toyota and Honda don't usually worry about it.. since the owners usually buy a non-functional one on their own anyways...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information