Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member

Pretty upset about some sh*t bros

So, my wife started nursing school like 4 1/2 years ago. She was on a waiting list for 2 of those years just trying to get good enough grades to get into school. Her former husband died about 6 years ago, and that was really tough on her. She made it through school, with a really hard time in one of her classes that they made her take over... that was hell (Pharmacology). She recently took the boards and passed.... She got a great job working as a nurse at a local hospital....and now

She was denied her nursing license by the Board of Nursing!!!

You see she had a DWAI a little over a year ago. She got probation, and she got comunity service, and alcholol treament classes... all of which she has finished except for a few hours of the alcholol classes...

She went before a board, wrote a letter telling them that this was the only thing she has ever wanted to do... and they totally f*cked her! Now she may loose her dream job, and make both of us miserable... She cannnot even appeal until she finishes her alcholol classes, and her probationary period.... which is up in March....

Last I heard there was a major nursing shortage in this country... I gues they missed that memo....

Bros, I am so pissed they hurt my baby, I could kill someone...All she has done is cry for 2 days straight...

To make matters worse... her BAL was a .076, below the legal limit... thats like to dam beers.... WTF>>>

Just had to vent
    OG---> I told you first so no getting pissed at me!

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    ****...can't you appeal the denial?

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg50
    So, my wife started nursing school like 4 1/2 years ago. She was on a waiting list for 2 of those years just trying to get good enough grades to get into school. Her former husband died about 6 years ago, and that was really tough on her. She made it through school, with a really hard time in one of her classes that they made her take over... that was hell (Pharmacology). She recently took the boards and passed.... She got a great job working as a nurse at a local hospital....and now

She was denied her nursing license by the Board of Nursing!!!

You see she had a DWAI a little over a year ago. She got probation, and she got comunity service, and alcholol treament classes... all of which she has finished except for a few hours of the alcholol classes...

She went before a board, wrote a letter telling them that this was the only thing she has ever wanted to do... and they totally f*cked her! Now she may loose her dream job, and make both of us miserable... She cannnot even appeal until she finishes her alcholol classes, and her probationary period.... which is up in March....

Last I heard there was a major nursing shortage in this country... I gues they missed that memo....

Bros, I am so pissed they hurt my baby, I could kill someone...All she has done is cry for 2 days straight...

To make matters worse... her BAL was a .076, below the legal limit... thats like to dam beers.... WTF>>>

Just had to vent
    OG---> I told you first so no getting pissed at me!

Thas right bish, u betta tell me first... Did u look into the opening down here u mentioned...? Or was that just the wine talking lastnight... Im betting it was the wine... Hey, dont forget my good friends wife is a PA down here. Im sure she could get Amy a job down here....Now wha bish....

OG

houseofpain is offline Banned
    thats the biggest bunch of BS i have ever heard, Bush had a DUI and he is president. not that i hate Bush, i love that man but i am just trying to make a point. i wish you and your girl the best bro, your in my prayers.

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by kc
    ****...can't you appeal the denial?
    They basically said no, until march.....
    sucks ass

Total BS

Quote Originally Posted by houseofpain
    thats the biggest bunch of BS i have ever heard, Bush had a DUI and he is president. not that i hate Bush, i love that man but i am just trying to make a point. i wish you and your girl the best bro, your in my prayers.
    I know bro, I know...........

Thanks OG

Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    Thas right bish, u betta tell me first... Did u look into the opening down here u mentioned...? Or was that just the wine talking lastnight... Im betting it was the wine...Hey, dont forget my good friends wife is a PA down here. Im sure she could get Amy a job down here....Now wha bish....

OG

OG... you have been a great friend... I apprecaite you listening to me...
    Thanks bro

OG... you have been a great friend... I apprecaite you listening to me...
    Thanks bro
    No worries bro! always here 4ya...

OG

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Thats just ****in ridiculous.. you and your wife know she deserves the job. Stop at nothing to make it happen man, everything will work out. I wish you the best of luck.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    If she was under the BAL limit, why was she charged? Am I missing something here? Clue me in...

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Im so sorry to hear this bro, they always **** with the little people. I say kill em all.

Anyway good to see you again, even do this sucks monkeysbutt.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I feel confident that she will get it. They just want to keep her hangin in the breeze like asshol*s until the last minute. Power trippers suck! Hang in there it ain't over yet!

Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    Thats just ****in ridiculous.. you and your wife know she deserves the job. Stop at nothing to make it happen man, everything will work out. I wish you the best of luck.
    I thought I was the only one that thought that!!!!!! I mean comon, she has paid her debt to society... She has done all the right things... except have 2 beers and get caught driving home... I mean wtf... In this state at the time the legal limit was .10.... now its .08, and she blew .076... its still below... God I hate fuc..ing cops... not all of em, just the ones that think they have something to prove... unreal... I still can't beleive it actually happened....

I'm a logical person, and I just cannot see the logic in this one. Its a bunch of do-gooders sitting a the board of nursing with there fingers up there asses thinking of ways to make peoples lives miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    If she was under the BAL limit, why was she charged? Am I missing something here? Clue me in...
    Im my retarded state there are 2 types of alcholol related arrests.. 1 is a DUI. that is a .08 now, but at the time is was .10.... there is also a thing called DWAI which is .05.... like a beer. and that's what she got charged with... Its basically a charge that only dickhead cops give out to people, because I know for a fact after 2 beers and waiting 2 hours I can drive a car no problem.... stupid **** bros

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    Im so sorry to hear this bro, they always **** with the little people. I say kill em all.

Anyway good to see you again, even do this sucks monkeysbutt.
    THanks rosie.... sucks man

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Who cares what anyone at the licensing board has to say about the issue, get the best lawyer you can afford immediately.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Im my retarded state there are 2 types of alcholol related arrests.. 1 is a DUI. that is a .08 now, but at the time is was .10.... there is also a thing called DWAI which is .05.... like a beer. and that's what she got charged with... Its basically a charge that only dickhead cops give out to people, because I know for a fact after 2 beers and waiting 2 hours I can drive a car no problem.... stupid **** bros
    That is SOOO fukt bro...

Eliot...
    Bro, she was not on her way to work... nor would she ever do such a thing like drink before she went to work... Getting a DWAI for drinking 2 beers has little or nothing to do with her being able to do her job.... She has to blow in a breatlizer everytime she goes to that class, and not once has she blown positive.... I think you are flat out wrong.

THanks rosie.... sucks man
    Fag...

????

Fag...

Why gotta be a fag??? I was just being thankful...
    Wanker boy

Why gotta be a fag??? I was just being thankful...
    Wanker boy
    Haha

I miss your old avatar man, have a cup

.076 bro.... are you telling me you have never had 2 beers... waited 2 hours and driven home????
    Yea, she made a bad decision... but that should have no bearing on whether or not she can be a nurse... for gods sake she has an LPN... and they are letting her keep that???? They didnt revoke that license... IF they want to be consistant then they should revoke her LPN.... Plains stupid... and I know your not attacking me,,, but I was looking for support here, not critisizm.... Kinda one of those "if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all deals" What know bro

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    She made a bad judgment call in some situations it can cause someone thier life. Ask any truama nurse/dr. Everything takes split seconds and if you make a bad judgment call.... that's the end of it..

Please dont take this as a personal attack I'm sure shes a fine person. However, as a futer med applicant i know that what the adcom's see is a peice of paper and that is it. i refrain from activiteis tha can jeperdize my future, for the simple fact of not willing to risk being a rodeo clown.. She made a bad judgment call in some situations it can cause someone their life. Ask any trauma nurse/dr. Everything takes split seconds and if you make a bad judgment call.... that's the end of it..

Please dont take this as a personal attack I'm sure she’s a fine person. However, as a future med applicant I know that what the adcom's see is a piece of paper and that is it. I refrain from activities that can jeopardize my future, for the simple fact of not willing to risk being a rodeo clown..

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    What time zone you in? If the business day isn't over yet, phone a lawyers office, usually they can give you a good idea of where you stand over the phone in about 15-20 mins.

Jdwag does she have a drinking problem or was this just a one time accorance(sp)?

Shes struggled for years and now that **** ruins it, i dont like it.

I called my lawyer last night bro

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    What time zone you in? If the business day isn't over yet, phone a lawyers office, usually they can give you a good idea of where you stand over the phone in about 15-20 mins.
    I told him my story and he's checking into it. I don't think he can do anything about it.... Thanks for the advise... but I'm one step ahead of you...

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    .076 bro.... are you telling me you have never had 2 beers... waited 2 hours and driven home????
    Yea, she made a bad decision... but that should have no bearing on whether or not she can be a nurse... for gods sake she has an LPN... and they are letting her keep that???? They didnt revoke that license... IF they want to be consistant then they should revoke her LPN.... Plains stupid... and I know your not attacking me,,, but I was looking for support here, not critisizm.... Kinda one of those "if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all deals" What know bro

I apologize for the criticism... I guess I have nothing to say... Good luck in March...

We both like drinking wine

She has like a glass with dinner,,, but thats about it... .I'm the one with a drinking problem .... I love wine... but her... she hardly ever drinks bro

Jdwag does she have a drinking problem or was this just a one time accorance(sp)?

Shes struggled for years and now that **** ruins it, i dont like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    I apologize for the criticism... I guess I have nothing to say... Good luck in March...
    Thanks bro.. u too

She has like a glass with dinner,,, but thats about it... .I'm the one with a drinking problem .... I love wine... but her... she hardly ever drinks bro
    Yeah i remember you being a wine lover fag j/k

Its ****ed up, why they make her take classes even? Its silly.

Hang in there bro! Dont let the man get u down.... Have they said anything about her position as a LPN yet..? Like we talked about lastnight, maybe they like her work and keep her on as a LPN till shes able to become an LN...? U never know bro!! Wishing for the best!!

OG

We will soooon see OG....... I'll kep you guys updated.. and thanks for the support bros

MrDezel is offline Banned
    If you can get her prohbation officer/supervisor to be present at the appeal, or make a statement then that would work in your favor. Prohbation Officers can be the best and worst for you I know this from experience.

I wish

Quote Originally Posted by MrDezel
    If you can get her prohbation officer/supervisor to be present at the appeal, or make a statement then that would work in your favor. Prohbation Officers can be the best and worst for you I know this from experience.
    they won't even let her phyisically go in front of the board to appeal. The appeal process is only done in writing.... Horse Shi* if you ask me.

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!
    We just heard from her boss. She is willing to keep her on board at the hospital!! Her boss told her, she is one of the best empolyees she has ever had, and she can't beleive the board was so stupid....
    So finally some good news bros

houseofpain is offline Banned
    GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!
    We just heard from her boss. She is willing to keep her on board at the hospital!! Her boss told her, she is one of the best empolyees she has ever had, and she can't beleive the board was so stupid....
    thats awesome bro, keep your heads up and i am confident that her hard work will pay off sooner or later.

Thanks bro

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!

OK who told u that was going to happen? who toldya.....

Thats just awsome bro! Give congrats to the little woman for me.

OG

chances is offline Associate Member
    Can't she work something out at the hospital? You sais she's got an LPN. She should be able to work as an LPN then when her license comes through in March, and it will, the classes are what's holding it up, then she could move into an RN position. If she sits down with the Head nurse and explains the situation, with nurses being in such short supply, they should be able to work something out.

Just a thought.

Remember what that board's responsibility is. They are not there to f**k with people, they are there to protect patients from people who should not be treating them. They are just making sure that she finishes her classes. What do you think would happen if they, hypothetically, let her have her license, then she doesn't finish her classes because she is a functioning alcoholic, and ends up killing a patient because she was drunk on duty. It's their job to make sure it doesn't. They are not allowed to see her because their decision can be swayed and in the interest of public health, it can't be. I know it sucks, but she's there. She just has to finish her classes.

chance

You posted the good news while I was writing my post. Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by chances
    Can't she work something out at the hospital? You sais she's got an LPN. She should be able to work as an LPN then when her license comes through in March, and it will, the classes are what's holding it up, then she could move into an RN position. If she sits down with the Head nurse and explains the situation, with nurses being in such short supply, they should be able to work something out.

Just a thought.

Remember what that board's responsibility is. They are not there to f**k with people, they are there to protect patients from people who should not be treating them. They are just making sure that she finishes her classes. What do you think would happen if they, hypothetically, let her have her license, then she doesn't finish her classes because she is a functioning alcoholic, and ends up killing a patient because she was drunk on duty. It's their job to make sure it doesn't. They are not allowed to see her because their decision can be swayed and in the interest of public health, it can't be. I know it sucks, but she's there. She just has to finish her classes.

chance

You posted the good news while I was writing my post. Congratulations.
    Hey bro I see your point and elliots point, However we submitted toooonnnnss of information regarding her situation... The board said its ok for her to keep her LPN, but not give her the new RN license.... Why one, but not the other??? The only diff is a year of schooling, and a different board exam... She is still gonna deal directly with patients.... Do you see what I'm saying here or am I just sounding like a moron... I just think it makes no sense.
    If she's such a threat to society and patients then why didnt they take both of them away from her.

chances is offline Associate Member
    Hey bro I see your point and elliots point, However we submitted toooonnnnss of information regarding her situation... The board said its ok for her to keep her LPN, but not give her the new RN license.... Why one, but not the other??? The only diff is a year of schooling, and a different board exam... She is still gonna deal directly with patients.... Do you see what I'm saying here or am I just sounding like a moron... I just think it makes no sense.
    If she's such a threat to society and patients then why didnt they take both of them away from her.
    It all has to due with the scope of practice of an LPN versus an RN. The only invasive procedure an LPN is allowed to do is start an IV. They cannot adminster drugs, injections, draw blood. RNs can. LPNs are supervised by an RN (they tell you what to do, how to do it, then check your work), while RNs are directed by doctors (told what treatment to administer).

Actually, these scopes of practice are determined by state and local authorities so they are different everywhere. Normally, LPNs are allowed to do fewer procedures than paramedics are authorized to do. It is highly unlikely that an LPN will kill someone because the oversight on them is pretty heavy.

The reason they didn't take them both away is that she is close to finishing her classes and she passed her boards, so they're giving her the benefit of the doubt. You can bet if, come March, she didn't finish her classes, they would pull her LPN too. The fact that you guys submitted all that information is probably what swayed the board to even let her keep the LPN until the classes end.

I know how hard it is to work your a$$ off and have something you did come back to bite you in the a$$. I had a been arrested right after I turned 18 for a stupid prank. Well, quite a few years later when I was going for my paramedic license, one of the questions is "Have you ever been arrested?" I'd completely forgotten about that arrest, and always checked No. Well, I almost didn't get my license because of that. There was an invesigation, and I had to wait a month before I was told that all was good. I know exactly how your girl is feeling.

I'm very happy to hear everything has worked out.

chance
    Last edited by chances; 08-31-2004 at 07:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information