• undecided

5 5.05%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    If I had been president, I would have realized that
    1) Osama and Al-Quada were behind the bombing
    2) Saddam was not involved with either of them
    3) Killing the Emperor of Japan would do as much good as killing Saddam, as far as solving the terrorist problem goes . .

So, while Saddam is an asshole, and his people are better off without him, it really isn't up to the people of the US to say who the Iraqi people's leader should be. Yes, Saddam had police who terrorized the populace, but the original 13 American colonies had problems with the King of England too, and ultimately, it's up to the people to decide when they've had enough BS. Evidently, the Iraqis hadn't reached that point.

So, to answer your question, yes, I would have left Saddam in power, and let the Iraqi people decide when they were ready to risk their lives to depose him.

Well then you certainly should not vote for Kerry, he doesn't see things your way.

You mean like what the North Koreans are doing?

Well, if I knew for sure that some terrorists had WMDs and were poised to use them, I'd spare no effort to get them before they got us. As far as the arms merchants, well, keep in mind that the US is the #1 arms merchant in the world today. You could establish a national policy to ban sales of war stuff, but US corporations would scream bloody murder for losing profits . . .
    Until the US drastically reduces its sales of war materials, we really won't be in any moral position to tell other nations that they have to do the same. So, until the US stops selling WMDs to other countries, we really can't be telling other countries that they can't sell 'em either. Again, it's gonna have to be a United Nations effort, and Bush has already told the UN to go fxxx itself.
    Please explain your sure fire way of knowing "for sure that some terrorists had WOMD and were poised to use them".

I am not aware of the US recently selling any WOMD to any other country. Could you please show me any information you have on this. If we are, I would absolutely oppose that.

Certainly not God.
    Nothing fails like prayer . . .
    -Tock

I am not sure what you are trying to say here?

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Tock has many things to be angry at the Republican view in general...so prooving him wrong doesn't do any good. He is too angry to consider any other view than his own...so don't waste too much of your time.

Did you see how he took WMD and compared it with arms producers and the US companies in the same sentence.........he is a very angry person......lives in a different world also.

BTW Tock......those are AK47's the terrorists (yes Tock, terrorrists) in Iraq are shooting at us........and.....they weren't made in the good ole USA either.

peace,

ttgb

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    I am truly glad to see that 55% of the people voting on this thread don't agree with Tock.

peace,

ttgb

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    Tock has many things to be angry at the Republican view in general...so prooving him wrong doesn't do any good. He is too angry to consider any other view than his own...so don't waste too much of your time.

Did you see how he took WMD and compared it with arms producers and the US companies in the same sentence.........he is a very angry person......lives in a different world also.

BTW Tock......those are AK47's the terrorists (yes Tock, terrorrists) in Iraq are shooting at us........and.....they weren't made in the good ole USA either.

peace,

ttgb

Don't worry brother; I enjoy debating this type of topic.
    As long as we can be civil and back up our assertions, I enjoy a good debate.
    I do respect Toch's point of view, I don't agree with it, but I do respect it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information