UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member

A question for people who live in CA

How is Arnold doing as the governor? From what I have read he is doing pretty well but I wanted to hear what you guys thought.

chances is offline Associate Member
    Well, he's avoided all the landmines that everyone laid in front of him, the biggest being that there was no way he could get us out of trouble without raising taxes. Well, still no raised taxes and things are starting to turn around. He muscled the legislature into passing his budget. Well, almost. There were a lot of budget cuts and everyone freaked, but now their living with it. IMO he's doing a great job.

Latest controversy is he told the bay area they're on their own to replace the bay bridge. It needs seizmic retrofitting and Jerry Brown (Mayor of Oakland, one side of the bridge) and Willie Brown (former mayor of SF, other side of the bridge) managed to put the project billions into the red before they even had a new design. They went to the state for more funds and Arnie told them "Sorry, you had your money and you blew it. Raise bridge tolls." Awesome.

chance

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    hes taking names and kicking ass

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Alot better than Davis. He squashed the illegals from getting liscenses...which I think was the greatest thing ever. He is campagining in Vegas to get businesses to move back to CA. WHich I think they will once he gets the workers comp issue dealt with.

He is trying...it was a lot harder than he expected. However, I feel he is doing just fine...just a matter of time before he finds his nitch.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    He's the Governator, HOW THE FU*K DO YOU THINK HES DOING?!?!?!?!

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Thats good to know, CA is the powerhouse of this nation so its nice to know its in good hands.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    Thats good to know, CA is the powerhouse of this nation so its nice to know its in good hands.
    Well were in good hands...however, it is still jacked up state. We have a long way to go before we return to our glory days....we have to figure a way to minimize the immigration problem....that is the biggest battle IMO.

The one of the many good things about Arnold is he is a Republican...the last time we had a republican it was Pete Wilson...our state has been in the *****er ever since he left office....once again IMO

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Arnold seems to be doing a good job and being I am a Sacramentan I have read enough about what he is doing. There are a lot of messes to clean up though caused by the downturned economy and what some other governors have done before him. Calif has the 5th largest economy in the world, one state has that kind of economy is incredible to me, now larger than even France.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I am not from Cali-just lived in San Diego for a bit- I hoep the best for Arnold..someone needs to get that state in line-he is most likely the man to do it.

Thread Information