Thread: Nightsky

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Nightsky

**** the only thing I miss with my old smal hometown is the nightsky and the northern light.

In these **** big citys is impossible to get a good view of the stars with all the **** light polution.
    I wish I could go out to some big, dark field and just lie there for a few hours.

does anyone else here find it very relaxing to just go out and observe the nightsky

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    nope, i live in the country and you've never seen so many stars, very romantic spot, chicks eat that $hit up man

max-it is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    **** the only thing I miss with my old smal hometown is the nightsky and the northern light.

In these **** big citys is impossible to get a good view of the stars with all the **** light polution.
    I wish I could go out to some big, dark field and just lie there for a few hours.

does anyone else here find it very relaxing to just go out and observe the nightsky
    That depends, are there bugs flying around bitting me constatly? Am I lying in an ant pile? Is the broad i'm with wondering why i'm too cheap to take her somewhere nice?

Quote Originally Posted by max-it
    That depends, are there bugs flying around bitting me constatly? Am I lying in an ant pile? Is the broad i'm with wondering why i'm too cheap to take her somewhere nice?
    LOL way to make it all sound negative.

Im talking no bugs, no ants and no chick. Just you alone under the nightsky enjoying complete serenity

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Only if the northern lights are out. You must be at a high enough parallel to get Aurora Borealis in Sweden. Nothing like getting baked and watching nature's fireworks for hours. Too bad from where I live you need to drive stright north for about 12-16 hours to see it on a regular basis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nightsky-northern%2520lights%2520town_jpg.jpg   Nightsky-aurora_csp12_web.jpg  

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    Only if the northern lights are out. You must be at a high enough parallel to get Aurora Borealis in Sweden. Nothing like getting baked and watching nature's fireworks for hours. Too bad from where I live you need to drive stright north for about 12-16 hours to see it on a regular basis.
    I love Canada

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    You ever been up north bro, I wouldn't wanna live up there but it's a great place to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    I love Canada

Philliagorillia is offline Associate Member
    I am very big into astronomy/seti and i use to spend alot of my time in the fields here with several telescopes taking long exposure pictures with my 12in Schmidt-Cassegrain using a ccd to capture images and sometimes i would use an old canon ae1 wtih an adapter and use that also....

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philliagorillia
    I am very big into astronomy/seti and i use to spend alot of my time in the fields here with several telescopes taking long exposure pictures with my 12in Schmidt-Cassegrain using a ccd to capture images and sometimes i would use an old canon ae1 wtih an adapter and use that also....
    COOL! Can you post some pics?

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    The only boring thing about northern light is that it ALWAYS tend to be green. **** it. I lived in a town that had it for 18 years and only ONCE in my life have I seen northern light that wanst green. It was red!! Looked **** freaky and amazingly beautifull.

anothern negative is that the period of the year when the northern light is most active also is the **** coldest period and its not so plesant to be outside when its -30 degres celcius(-22 farenheit) or below.

Thread Information