Jenseno9 is offline Member

advice on becoming a dentist

Ive started a long journey on my way to become something in the dental prof. Math isn't my strongest subject and I know it will be harder for me than most but Ive realized that nothing that comes easy is all that great. I'm looking for some advice from anyone that has it to offer. I'm living in memphis, TN and would like to attend UT dental school in memphis.

Thanks,

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Don't put semen in your patients mouths.

http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=118081

Jenseno9 is offline Member
    Im amazed how many fcuking wack jobs there are out there...

statuZ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ECoastVIP
    Don't put semen in your patients mouths.

http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=118081
    i was so thinking of posting that on here, you stole my idea! hah actually i was going to recommend injecting semen into their mouths.

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by statuZ
    i was so thinking of posting that on here, you stole my idea! hah actually i was going to recommend injecting semen into their mouths.
    It was an easy connection really. I deserve no credit. And NEITHER DO YOU!

statuZ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ECoastVIP
    It was an easy connection really. I deserve no credit. And NEITHER DO YOU!
    i agree 100%, even if someone had to be given credit it would have to be the doctor

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenseno9
    Ive started a long journey on my way to become something in the dental prof. Math isn't my strongest subject and I know it will be harder for me than most but Ive realized that nothing that comes easy is all that great. I'm looking for some advice from anyone that has it to offer. I'm living in memphis, TN and would like to attend UT dental school in memphis.

Thanks,
    My biggest advice would be to not limit yourself on which Dental school you attend..If you keep your heart set on attending one in TN, then you are really narrowing your chances..Find several schools that appeal to you for various reasons, research them, and then if possible, go check them out in person..Speak to other current students, etc..

Of course, above all of that, make sure your grades and extra-curricular activities are in line or you will have an uphill battle ahead of you..All professional schools are highly competitive and have VERY limited seats available in ratio to the number of applicants..Make sure this is what you want to do as it will be a challenge like no other, and if you are notdedicated and disciplined, you'll be failed out in the blink of an eye..

Good luck!!

Doc M

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc M
    My biggest advice would be to not limit yourself on which Dental school you attend..If you keep your heart set on attending one in TN, then you are really narrowing your chances..Find several schools that appeal to you for various reasons, research them, and then if possible, go check them out in person..Speak to other current students, etc..

Of course, above all of that, make sure your grades and extra-curricular activities are in line or you will have an uphill battle ahead of you..All professional schools are highly competitive and have VERY limited seats available in ratio to the number of applicants..Make sure this is what you want to do as it will be a challenge like no other, and if you are notdedicated and disciplined, you'll be failed out in the blink of an eye..

Good luck!!

Doc M
    This is absolutely great advice. Check out as many schools as possible - you may find one that is a surprisingly good fit for you.

And keep your grades up, and start getting involved in extra curricular stuff. I'm actually in my second year of dental school right now - my grades were pretty average coming in, but i had lots of extra things to make my application a strong one. You have to remember how many people you're up against - you have to do things to set yourself apart so that you have a better chance at getting in.

Take the DAT seriously as well. I have a classmate who came in with a 2.75 GPA from undergrad...but he scored in the 99th percentile on every section of the DAT.

If you have any questions, or need any advice...feel free to PM me. Dental school is extremely tough (as is any professional school) but in my opinion it's totally worth it. You have the chance to enter a great profession.

Best of luck.

cb

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Your school should be able to help you. My father is a dentist=>orthodontist. and my brother is at USC for dental school right now, some chemistry, i dont exactly remember, i looked at it myself though.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Good luck if you chose to follow your idea

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    For one part, shadow a dentist for a day or two to see if you enjoy the work they do... I always wanted to do ER med. but the more I work in the ER then less it’s appealing. A lot of the work they deal with is B.S. (Drunks, insurance frauds, more drunks, headaches, objects stuck in crotches...) I still love medicine but this theater just isn't for me. Another thing major in something you like and take the pre-req's you need, just incase you don't make it there's something you can fall back on. I was a pre-medical studies major turn nuclear med... Something to fall back on if I don't make 3.4/28~... Make sure you love what you do and it'll make you happy...

Thread Information