Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977

    college loan question

    how much are u guys paying a month for college loans?

  2. #2
    allsaucedup's Avatar
    allsaucedup is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    829
    only have to pay $100.00 but i usually pay $500.00 i want to get read of this **** thing as quick as possible

  3. #3
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by allsaucedup
    only have to pay $100.00 but i usually pay $500.00 i want to get read of this **** thing as quick as possible
    500$ **** man! i am with the 100$ for now. i work for the state and i dont make shiit!

  4. #4
    allsaucedup's Avatar
    allsaucedup is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    829
    well im making good money and i just payed off my truck so why not get rid off another bill as quick as i can

  5. #5
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by allsaucedup
    well im making good money and i just payed off my truck so why not get rid off another bill as quick as i can
    i wish i was in your shoes bro! and yeah i know exactly what you are talking about... maybe i should look for another job.. lololol thanx for the reply

  6. #6
    allsaucedup's Avatar
    allsaucedup is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    829
    how old are you bro and my advice would be make sure you pay at least the min. until you can afford to add to it. was your loan simple intrest or does it still accure intrest

  7. #7
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by allsaucedup
    how old are you bro and my advice would be make sure you pay at least the min. until you can afford to add to it. was your loan simple intrest or does it still accure intrest
    26yrs old, it accures interest. i didnt pay the interest while i was in school

  8. #8
    arthurb999's Avatar
    arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,715
    I owe about 40K and pay ~300/month...

  9. #9
    ttuPrincess Guest
    i dont pay mine as of yet.. ill let you know come maywhen I start!!!

  10. #10
    biglouie250's Avatar
    biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,401
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    how much are u guys paying a month for college loans?
    still claimed as a dependant? if you are see if your parents will let you claim yourself because dont forget student loan interest and tuition is a tax deductable expense if you arent a dependant on someone elses tax return

  11. #11
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    still claimed as a dependant? if you are see if your parents will let you claim yourself because dont forget student loan interest and tuition is a tax deductable expense if you arent a dependant on someone elses tax return
    dude i am 26 yrs old, dependent is not an option but thanx for the reply. someone else might be able to use that usefull knowledge bro, thanx

  12. #12
    Natural Mac's Avatar
    Natural Mac is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    168
    I don't know if this applies to anyone on this board, but I always wondered why someone would take out a 60k loan for an education that will get them a job at 30k? If this is the case for some of you, here is a hint, COMMUNITY COLLEGE. Then shop around for an affordable college that won't leave you broke for the next 20 yrs. After all, once you get your first job, and a little experience, no one is going to care where you Graduated from.

  13. #13
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Mac
    I don't know if this applies to anyone on this board, but I always wondered why someone would take out a 60k loan for an education that will get them a job at 30k? If this is the case for some of you, here is a hint, COMMUNITY COLLEGE. Then shop around for an affordable college that won't leave you broke for the next 20 yrs. After all, once you get your first job, and a little experience, no one is going to care where you Graduated from.
    i did that for that reason and i am still fukking broke....hahahaha

  14. #14
    biglouie250's Avatar
    biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,401
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    dude i am 26 yrs old, dependent is not an option but thanx for the reply. someone else might be able to use that usefull knowledge bro, thanx

    haha sorry i know it ws off topic but being a loser accountant thats what pops in my head.

  15. #15
    arthurb999's Avatar
    arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,715
    Most entry level jobs pay ~30K... but since I've been out for 6 years... I'm making almost triple that... so it is a good investment...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •