Thread: Colleges in NY

MrDezel is offline Banned

Colleges in NY

So I am basically finally paying my dues for f'n off the past few years in school and am now ready to leave the CC and go to a real school. I was re-admited at St. Bonaventure for the spring 2005 semester but now I am not sure if I want to go back because that is the place were I really messed up my life with drugs and drinking.

I have been considering some other SUNY schools mainly Oswego, Oneonta, Cortland and Brockport. Now I am looking for some feedback from people on any of these. If anyone goes to any of these let me know what it is like there. Not just the party seen (I have cleaned myself up but I still like to get down), but academically and the school itself and surrondings.

And hell if any of my Bonnies are on here let me know why I should come back unless you are one of the dudes that were passing me the bong on the nights of the week that ended in "Y".

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    SUNY Stony Brook.. that school owns.... The dorms suck some cock tho.. not much.. just a little..

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    those schools you mentioned are all very big party schools, with less academic return. so if thats not what your looking for you should avoid them. stony brook, aka stony gook is the complete opposite, no bars, no night life. how about st. johns? good school and partying is there if you want it but its also easy to avoid...

Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    those schools you mentioned are all very big party schools, with less academic return. so if thats not what your looking for you should avoid them. stony brook, aka stony gook is the complete opposite, no bars, no night life. how about st. johns? good school and partying is there if you want it but its also easy to avoid...

Stony brook parties = same 5 guys every week hoping chicks will show up..

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    I also know of New York Institute of Technology and CW Post, which are both on long island.

decadbal is offline Banned
    how about the uni of west virginia

TPAK is offline Associate Member
    What is your major? Suny Binghamton has a good engineering program.

Well I wanted to stay in the new york region for the most part.

I have heard people refer to Oneonta as Stone-eonta, and I know Oswego has a large bar scene but have also read it is a descent school academically.

I have visited Stony Brook when I was in high school a few years back but wasn't too impressed with it.

Suny Cortland is a big party school. I work close to there. Suny Bockport is good school if you are going to become a cop. They have a good criminal justice program.

My major was Journalism, but now I am now takeing business classes. I still love to write though and would like to minor in something along those lines. My goal in life is to open a fitness center and that is why I am currently takeing business classes.

Quote Originally Posted by TPAK
    Suny Cortland is a big party school. I work close to there. Suny Bockport is good school if you are going to become a cop. They have a good criminal justice program.
    Ya an old high school buddy goes there for CJ. Haven't talked to him in a long time though since we kind of lost contact after 2002. To be honest I'm not even sure if he still goes to school there, or anywhere for that matter.

Well if you decide to go to Cortland we will have to get together this winter for a ski trip. There is a popular ski resort in Cortland.

Not sure yet where I am going to end up but I am leaning towards Oswego and Cortland. These two schools I have been told by admissions I will be able to get in once I submit my mid-term grades in about a 2 months so who knows.

I still might go back to St Bonaventure but I will really have to start over fresh there cause a lot of demons from my past are there.

what are your grades like? binghamton would be my choice for a SUNY school. it is by far the best....

stony > bing

nah nah stony is better for medical.... bing is better in everything else. harder to get into as well, plan on havbing a 1250 SAT's and 90+ avg to be a lock at bing. SB will take 900+ on SATs 85 avg. bings business school requires a 3.4 cum to be admitted to that school.

yeah i was going there for med.. but then again that **** is waaaaay too far.. and i got it with a 80 and 1280.. a lot of people there didnt break 1000..

yea dont get me wrong, its a good school (think bing is a better overall school) no night life tho. and you feel like your in china...... i applied there becuase i thought of a career in medicine. went the opposite direction, went to hofstra for business lol

yeah i moved to LIU-Brooklyn for Nuclear Med I live in Queens so a daily ride to stony is heartbreaking..

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Columbia!

Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    Columbia!
    haha I couldn't even get a job working in their bookstore.

samoth is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    Columbia!
    How many students does it take to change a light bulb at Columbia?
    Seventy-six -- one to change the light bulb, fifty to protest the light bulb's right to not change, and twenty-five to hold a counter protest.

LOL, I heard this over at a college search board today; this post reminded me of it.

As you were.

haha that was a good one samoth!!!

Paingain is offline Banned
    I'm from that little sh*thole called Auburn, NY!!!!! I had a couple buddies that went to both Cortland and Oswego. They are both good colleges.

Quote Originally Posted by Paingain
    I'm from that little sh*thole called Auburn, NY!!!!! I had a couple buddies that went to both Cortland and Oswego. They are both good colleges.
    Ha, I know right where that is. I knew a few people from there too.

Thread Information