Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    New board is great...I have learned a lot here thats for sure but things seem a little off as of late.. I would have to agree with lmo about the no board flame rule that gets a little 1 sided now and then but I cant change that. So we will all just know how everyone feels and treat and be treated accordingly

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Am I missing something? I don't see a flame on any board, or maybe people are reading a little too much into some posts..

Doc M

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Including this one,
    Wow, was this really neccessary Bouncer?

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    Oh what a shame.

you lost alot of my respect with that one....

Including this one,

and all of it with that one....

BDTR is offline Retired
    Let me try and explain bouncers reasoning (this is not what he said to me, im just guessing), this is also a problem i had with BDBB.

Half of its members were people who were banned from here for soliciting, talking **** etc.. That's fine, we're two seperate boards, but I understand where he is coming from.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I'm don't know his exact reasons either but I think what you're saying is right. When people discuss AR's policies on another board, that's fine IMO, but when people continue to complain about things at AR (signatures, censoring, etc) on AR that's just a waste of everybody's time.

IMO the worst thing about new boards (no flame to Mass or anyone else who's starting or has started up a board) is that much of the non-lounge stuff I have seen was cut and pasted from other boards......no credit given to the original author or source.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Let me try and explain bouncers reasoning (this is not what he said to me, im just guessing), this is also a problem i had with BDBB.

Half of its members were people who were banned from here for soliciting, talking **** etc.. That's fine, we're two seperate boards, but I understand where he is coming from.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    I'm don't know his exact reasons either but I think what you're saying is right. When people discuss AR's policies on another board, that's fine IMO, but when people continue to complain about things at AR (signatures, censoring, etc) on AR that's just a waste of everybody's time.

IMO the worst thing about new boards (no flame to Mass or anyone else who's starting or has started up a board) is that much of the non-lounge stuff I have seen was cut and pasted from other boards......no credit given to the original author or source.

you bloody canadian, you havnt replied to my PM!@!#

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Just subscribing to the thread. Pretend you dont see me.

houseofpain is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DADDYDBOL
    you lost alot of my respect with that one....

and all of it with that one....
    i was thinking the same thing bro.

Da Bull is offline Banned

Only 2 BDTR...Puddlemonkey and Palequail....there were over 400 members when the board went down,so 2 is a far cry from half.And just because AR bans someone,doesn't mean that every bother board agrees with thier decission.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Did you not just hear me when i said it was fine? I dont care who you guys get, after reading the board its just people from here slagging on AR when someone gets their panties in a bunch. Honestly, best of luck to the new board, im not going to sit here and slag someone elses venture.

max-it is offline Member
    censorship sucks

BDTR is offline Retired
    Then start your own board.

i am not famaliar with the term "slag", what does it mean? seriously i am not trying to be a smart ass, just wanted to know what BDTR meant by using that term.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Talk down against. The thing that bothers me most is when people use our bandwidth on this site, post away in our lounge and other forums, then jump on the first new board they see with 20 members and say "wow this is the greatest forum ever! Screw AR they censor ****!"

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Did you not just hear me when i said it was fine? I dont care who you guys get, after reading the board its just people from here slagging on AR when someone gets their panties in a bunch. Honestly, best of luck to the new board, im not going to sit here and slag someone elses venture.
    I know you aren't the type to take a cheap shot bro...and I know you weren't.I was just clarrifying who the 2 banned members were on BDBB.And your correct,alot of disgruntled AR members are there,and on many other boards as well.The list is too long to name all the boards these ppl have went to after they decided to leave AR.

I will say the new site isn't just a bunch of disgruntled AR members, it is loaded with great info. It is a compilation of some of the best stickies out there as well as some of the best members out there.

BDTR is offline Retired
    It's kind of hard to get a good impression of a board when you go there and the first thing you read is:

nally Posted by itsallmental

tru that bro, you gotta love all the topics they come up with. BDTR actually made me kinda aggravated when he posted that topic about feeding one his bro's 2 grams of test for a first cycle. out of all the cool guys on that board, to me, he isnt one of them..........

It's kind of hard to get a good impression of a board when you go there and the first thing you read is:

tru that bro, you gotta love all the topics they come up with. BDTR actually made me kinda aggravated when he posted that topic about feeding one his bro's 2 grams of test for a first cycle. out of all the cool guys on that board, to me, he isnt one of them..........
    That's just one persons opinion, I think you know the general feeling is you are one of the most solid bros. For the record you can feed me 2 grams of test anytime.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Then the second thing i read is puddlemonkey bashing OJ from here with no one standing up for him.

Sorry, but im not down with people bashing me or my bro's.

bro i would take that up with the person who said it rather than think down on the entire board b/c in all reality that board kicks ass.

i never saw that but you, bdtr, and about a handful of others keep this board (ar) worth logging into....i don't see how any member could say something bad about you or pheedno or ron just to name a few....please don't let that be a lasting impression on you....am really is a nice board and we would benefit greatly having you there.....DD

BDTR is offline Retired
    The posts on a forum, which are left untouched, represent the board. If not for the posters, then what makes the forum?

The posts on a forum, which are left untouched, represent the board. If not for the posters, then what makes the forum?
    I disagree 1000% by not editing other peoples posts it is showing an allowance of expression. If someone doesn't like me and they post it big ****ing deal. This is a society in a society. Its expected. If an entire thread was started about me and it was negative then that would reflect on the board. I've been flamed plenty of times on here and I appreciate those that get my back, but it doesn't say a thing about AR or me, it is just someone's opinion. **** em.

BDTR is offline Retired
    I didn't say for someone to edit the post, what im saying is, if the posters do not represent what the board is, then what does? A board is not made of moderators, but its members.

max-it is offline Member
    allowing someone to say something that you disagree with is what makes the board

I didn't say for someone to edit the post, what im saying is, if the posters do not represent what the board is, then what does? A board is not made of moderators, but its members.
    All I am saying is you are talking about 1 or 2 people, that doesn't make up a board.

BDTR is offline Retired
    You've been posting like you're stealing your sentences from fortune cookies.

Get it out whatever you're trying to say, just say it.

Quote Originally Posted by max-it
    allowing someone to say something that you disagree with is what makes the board

animal-inside is offline Senior Member
    I made a thread myself saying I was taking a break from AR. Yes I am now regularly at the new board. But not for the reaosns alot of people are talking about her.

All my respect for AR. They got me started, helped me and educated me. I know this and I won't take antything away from them. I had no problem with them doing everything they could to keep AR going and safe ie. banning some people, getting a new sponsor, censoring other sites etc.. you have to do what you have to do right?

The reason I left was because I wanted to be a part of a smaller board. Its gives a tighter knit community. Another reaosn I am taking a break from AR is because I was really starting to get feed up with sooo many people on here that join and make stupid posts then leave or get banned. Just ruins it. THe last reason I left was to hopefully find a place thats more for "advanced people, advice and questions". It was becomming painful for me to open the steriod forum at AR and sift through countless posts to find something interesting to me. I am not saying anything against newbies or repeated questions or stuff like that. Everyone starts somewhere. I like most people here was one of those people too. I was just looking for a more advanced place to hang out. Less "junk mail" I guess.

Anyways like I said before, I am sure I will be back because I do like AR. But I left for the reasons above and I am sure I am not the only one who has the same feelings.

bro it was one person, not the whole board. I LIKE YOU, CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?

Quote Originally Posted by animal-inside
    I made a thread myself saying I was taking a break from AR. Yes I am now regularly at the new board. But not for the reaosns alot of people are talking about her.

All my respect for AR. They got me started, helped me and educated me. I know this and I won't take antything away from them. I had no problem with them doing everything they could to keep AR going and safe ie. banning some people, getting a new sponsor, censoring other sites etc.. you have to do what you have to do right?

The reason I left was because I wanted to be a part of a smaller board. Its gives a tighter knit community. Another reaosn I am taking a break from AR is because I was really starting to get feed up with sooo many people on here that join and make stupid posts then leave or get banned. Just ruins it. THe last reason I left was to hopefully find a place thats more for "advanced people, advice and questions". It was becomming painful for me to open the steriod forum at AR and sift through countless posts to find something interesting to me. I am not saying anything against newbies or repeated questions or stuff like that. Everyone starts somewhere. I like most people here was one of those people too. I was just looking for a more advanced place to hang out. Less "junk mail" I guess.

Anyways like I said before, I am sure I will be back because I do like AR. But I left for the reasons above and I am sure I am not the only one who has the same feelings.
    agreed 100%, i started here and love this board. the other board has less numbers and everyone tends to get along. its stress free. i have been a member of this board for quite some time but as of late i have been getting flamed by noobs and people who have been members for a whopping month or so. i love this board and will be back and forth, i got my start here and will not forget where i came from. props to ar, but the truth is i will be chilling on AM more so than here.

i log into both....ar because it is and most likely will always be the best....am because of the close knit family type feel....

but for real one mod is being very low rent with some of his comments.....that is what got me started in this thread and now i am done....i don't want to upset anyone at either boards....

max-it is offline Member
    You've been posting like you're stealing your sentences from fortune cookies.

Get it out whatever you're trying to say, just say it.
    What i'm trying to say is a board is a community. A collection of different people with a common interest. People will not always get along, they will not always agree. I have learned a lot while here at AR. But I don't like selective enforcement of rules. You can't source post research labs, until they are a board sponser. Some scammers are called out and others are not. I say set the rules and enforce them evenly and fairly. Don't enforce only the rules that suite your own interests. If AR was more democracy and less dictatorship I think that the members would do whatever was necessary to support the board. I have a lot of respect for you, others would not have heard me out.

I'm out.
    Last edited by max-it; 09-04-2004 at 03:27 PM.

jbigdog69 is offline Banned

Can we make this a sticky???

Quote Originally Posted by animal-inside

LMAO!! I could not have said it better.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i have to intervene here. i hear alot of people saying that there moving to the other board because its smaller and there are less people. well thats because they are new. the whole point is to get as many people as you can so companies will want to run adds and sponsor the board. so what are all you going to do if the board does well and gets alot of members like im sure they want. are you then going to come back here or find another up and coming board.

Quote Originally Posted by pietro75
    i have to intervene here. i hear alot of people saying that there moving to the other board because its smaller and there are less people. well thats because they are new. the whole point is to get as many people as you can so companies will want to run adds and sponsor the board. so what are all you going to do if the board does well and gets alot of members like im sure they want. are you then going to come back here or find another up and coming board.
    i am going to borrow this from a source who chooses to remain annonymous
    "it dosent take 10k members to have a succesful board."

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pietro75
    the whole point is to get as many people as you can so companies will want to run adds and sponsor the board.
    Everybody has their own motives/incentives for opening a msg board like this, not all the same.

UnNaturalBuff is offline Member
    The new board seems like a nice place to bull**** a little more freely with some of the good bros from this board, and also is compyling alot of good info.

Don't get me wrong though, AR will always be #1 to me and I would never bash anyone behind their back withougt them able to defend themselfs.

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    IMO...this board will continue to be more populated than most which is a good thing for the owner. However, when enough bacteria or toxins are entered into one environment then it makes it easier for cancer to exist. I for one repect all Mod's and Vet's here. But sometimes there are far to many posts that are made by a newbie that in 14 days became a know it all and a member. Now that person is giving bad advice and there is not enough policing going on. My .02 cents. Other than that it is a great board filled with a lot of great informationa and I appreciate everything that I have learned. Peace

Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69
    IMO...this board will continue to be more populated than most which is a good thing for the owner. However, when enough bacteria or toxins are entered into one environment then it makes it easier for cancer to exist. I for one repect all Mod's and Vet's here. But sometimes there are far to many posts that are made by a newbie that in 14 days became a know it all and a member. Now that person is giving bad advice and there is not enough policing going on. My .02 cents. Other than that it is a great board filled with a lot of great informationa and I appreciate everything that I have learned. Peace
    well said brotha, my thoughts exactly.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information