Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member

Official Hurrican Frances Update Thread

Hey bros and broetts!

Since i am in the Palm Beach area i figured i would start a thread to update everyone with what's going on with Hurricane Florence. I will stay online as long as she lets me and give first hand reports.

We are hoping the front comes down and moves Florence to the north just missing Florida, but the last i heard that's looking less and less likely...

Just to give u an idea of how big Florence is, they say she is twice the size that Hurricane Andrew was. And we all know how much destruction Andrew caused....I should know, i was caught almost right in the middle of Andrew and it wasn't fun. We didn't have power or water for 3 weeks. We would take baths in the pool it got so bad. Im just hoping we wont have to go through that again....

Right now its raining off and on and the wind is picking up, but nothing bad. As im writing this i heard something outside my window and i can see one of my neighbors cutting wood to cover his windows....errrrr Ok where was i..They say to expect really bad weather starting Friday afternoon. The officials here have called for everyone on the east side (beach side) to evacuate. My parents and sister included.... There not leaving till tomorrow though. My dad got a couple of hotel rooms for them, my sister and niece to stay at. They want me to come down also, but i cant leave my house. God forbid something does happen i want to be here to minimize any damage. What would u guys do..?

Ok, i guess that's it for now. I'll post more later. Good luck to all my fellow Florida bros and broetts! Stay safe and feel free to post whats going on in ur area. Peace!

OG

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    The film "twister" just popped into my head as i was reading that lol.

So, do you guys have to secure all your windows etc? Do you have shelters etc? I have no idea about this kind of stuff, in the UK we never have weather like this, the odd storm but nothing major.

keep safe

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    sounds like a hell of a storm man, hopefully you're taking all the precautions needed. If its gonna be as bad as they say, i think leaving would be the best bet, no since putting your life in danger, it can't be replaced but your house can.

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    im in Palm Beach too... im worried

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    ok this is VERY important, i want you 2 to make sure all your gear is safe, just send it to me and i'll hold it until this passes.........pm me and i'll hit you up with my addy

Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    The film "twister" just popped into my head as i was reading that lol.

So, do you guys have to secure all your windows etc? Do you have shelters etc? I have no idea about this kind of stuff, in the UK we never have weather like this, the odd storm but nothing major.

keep safe
    There will be tornados with this storm they said. Its pretty much the same as a twister....Im doing what i can to secure everything. I dont have any shutters, but i do have hurricane film on the windows. That will only stop the glass from shattering not breaking though.

Yes UK we have shelters here, but i would never consider going to one. Im a snop...lol jk No really, i would go to a friends house or even a hotel before i went to one. I wont leave my cats alone thats one reason im staying, and the other is incase something does happen i want to be here to minimize any damage. It worked for us during Hurricane Andrew. It could have been a lot worse if we werent home.

OG

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    I can imagine in this kind of emergancy you may get looting? With shop security, home security, cctv etc all down due to power etc? Also with all the people leaving their homes.

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    I would be gone......pay up my insurance and head out of state.....

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    RUN BRO RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Do you have enough peanut butter????
    Your gonna be eating Whey and Tuna for the next week... good thing you put on all that weight so you wont get blow away!!!!!!!!!

Yea thats nothing new. I got a 12g waiting for those disgraceful people.
    Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    I can imagine in this kind of emergancy you may get looting? With shop security, home security, cctv etc all down due to power etc? Also with all the people leaving their homes.

RATM is offline Senior Member
    OG and Juicehoe,

As a LT. Firefighter/paramedic in the Palm Beach County area, (I live in West Lake Worth), I am glad to see that you two are concerned and are trying to take every precaution necessary with this storm. My department sent three FF's to Punta Gorda area to help out and the pictures are indescribeable. I am being called into work for the next 5 days and I pray that the lessons learned from Charley are installed over here along the east coast. Good luck to anyone who lives in the area and if anyone needs information at the government level, shoot me a PM and I will see if i can get you the info that you are looking for.
    Last edited by RATM; 09-02-2004 at 06:11 PM.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Update from Seattle:
    Still no sign of Francis. Beginning to think that 20lbs of potted meat and bottled water were a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by RATM
    OG and Juicehoe,

As a LT. Firefighter/paramedic in the Palm Beach County area, (I live in West Lake Worth), I am glad to see that you two are concerned and are trying to take every precaution necessary with this storm. My department sent three FF's to Punta Gorda area to help out and the pictures are indescribeable. I am being called into work for the next 5 days and I pray that the lessons learned from Charley are installed over here along the east coast. Good luck to anyone who lives in the area and if anyone needs information at the government level, shoot me a PM and I will see if i can get you the info that you are looking for.

Thxs bro!! And u be safe too!!

OG

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    This pisses me off...the last hurricane screwed up some things now this one is gonna to....Piss on that.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm prayin' for you guys. Keep us updated.

houseofpain is offline Banned
    i am in orlando for school but all my family are in cocoa beach and merritt island(brevard county). they all had mandatory evacuations b/c thats where the storm is going to make landfall. its gonna be big so i have been over there all day helping them get ready to leave and boarding up and ****. orlando got a direct hit last time but this one is projected to go right by us leaving us with 100mph winds. crazy stuff, when the last one came through 2 weeks ago we had no power for a week. this **** sucks.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by houseofpain
    i am in orlando for school but all my family are in cocoa beach and merritt island(brevard county). they all had mandatory evacuations b/c thats where the storm is going to make landfall. its gonna be big so i have been over there all day helping them get ready to leave and boarding up and ****. orlando got a direct hit last time but this one is projected to go right by us leaving us with 100mph winds. crazy stuff, when the last one came through 2 weeks ago we had no power for a week. this **** sucks.
    dam.. and i thought having no power for one day due to the black out was torture..

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    dam.. and i thought having no power for one day due to the black out was torture..
    yeah bro that sh!t sucked soooo bad.

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    They want me to come down also, but i cant leave my house. God forbid something does happen i want to be here to minimize any damage.
    Don't take this the wrong way but this comment makes me laugh. Are you planning on catching the boards and other debris as they fly at your house? Maybe stand outside and flex at the hurricane to intimidate it? IMO your house is at the mercy of mother nature right now and all you can do is fortify it in advance. Otherwise get out of dodge if that's what the authorities warn. Good luck with everything.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Just boarded my moms and my gfs moms place. Trying to take care of my stuff now. OG take care of dem kitties bro. You know my number bro Let me know youre oK!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    Just boarded my moms and my gfs moms place. Trying to take care of my stuff now. OG take care of dem kitties bro. You know my number bro Let me know youre oK!!!!!!

Thxs bro! Looks like we should be getting it bad up here. Give me a holla if u need anything....Good luck!

OG

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    good luck bro..........we are all glued to the news to see what's happening

JT2k is offline Associate Member
    Dude good luck i just heard them say its the twice the size as Andrew thats one big freakin storm

Thxs bros! Right now there are squalls of rain coming down off and on. Nothing to bad...yet!

I still need batteries though. I went to 3 different places tonight and they were all sold out...errrrrrrrr Im going to wake up early and hit K-Mart. The guy said they expect more in morning.

OG

Gilster is offline Member
    The storm is a little stalled right now and I am worried it will turn west towards me in Miami when it gets moving again. I pray that the last sentence does not turn into a famous last words phrase for me.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    ok is it hurricane frances or florence ?? title says frances, your wording says florence.

francis bro.....

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    the latest update as of 7:30am on friday sept. 3rd..........if you are anywhere in fla. YOU ARE FUKKED!! and oh yeah good luck getting out..

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    ok is it hurricane frances or florence ?? title says frances, your wording says florence.

My bad, its francis....

I woke up early to go to K-Mart to try and get batteries. Its raining right now, but not hard from what i can tell....We'll see what happens later on...

OG

Finally got batteries....I had to go to 2 places to find them, but i got'em! Looks like im set now. They are predicting it will hit tonight instead of this afternoon. I guess thats kinda good. Gives everyone more time to get ready.

OG

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    Finally got batteries....I had to go to 2 places to find them, but i got'em! Looks like im set now. They are predicting it will hit tonight instead of this afternoon. I guess thats kinda good. Gives everyone more time to get ready.

OG
    good luck o.g. !! better buy some life preservers also. esp if you are in low lying areas. that storm is moving slow so it will dump a **** load of rain. what made you decide to ride it out? oh yeah if you have an army surplus store buy a bunch of mre's for a food source..

Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    good luck o.g. !! better buy some life preservers also. esp if you are in low lying areas. that storm is moving slow so it will dump a **** load of rain. what made you decide to ride it out? oh yeah if you have an army surplus store buy a bunch of mre's for a food source..

Thxs bro! I rode out Hurricane Andrew with my family and it was a good thing we did. We were able to minimize any damage that did happen. Im figuring the same thing. Id rather be here god forbid something does happen. Plus i dont want to leave my cats alone....

The weathers been crazy. One minute its raining, the next its sunny out. When i was running around this morning it was pouring. Now the sunnys out.

OG

Paingain is offline Banned
    Get The **** Out My Brotha!!!!!!!

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    All of you guys in FL be safe and good luck.

Flasher is offline Associate Member
    Good Luck people and may god be with you and your families!

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher
    Good Luck people and may god be with you and your families!
    my thoughts exactly, i hope the best for ya, OG, JuiceHoe, and other floridins, God Bless!

crunchnpunch is offline Junior Member
    Hey guys I am in Lake Worth. Its kind of wild thinking some people from the group might be in the same gym as me. Not to make light of the storm but I am going crazy the gym has been closed since Thursday and who knows when it will open. I feel like I am in a cage anyone else going crazy

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    grab a 5 gallon watter bottle and start curling/flyies with it..

allsaucedup is offline Member
    (Ouote)I am going crazy the gym has been closed since Thursday and who knows when it will open.

you do realize that today is only friday its okay to not go to the gym when a major natural disaster is about to hit
    Last edited by allsaucedup; 09-03-2004 at 09:22 AM.

im all set here... just kinda waiting for it to come at this point. On a joking side im kinda pissed i wont be able to workout for the next few days and they want to rashion my food intake (that wont get you big).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information