bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member

hello from paris

got here a couple days ago and since i have yet to encounter an english speaker you all will have to do. found the best gym paris has to offer and it looks straight outta pumpin iron. all old school and rustic... and its $135 a month!!! lotsa skinny little frenchies in there, quite amusing. can't find meat (real meat) anywhere. beef and chicken are obsolete and it seems that eggs haven't even been introduced to france aside from quiche! all in all... not so good for an aspiring bodybuilder. gonna be a long four months!
    more to come.
    tips from those who've been are greatly appreciated!

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    why are you there for 4 months..? and send me back a french woman.. and please groom her ahead of time..

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    we'll have to send you some bulk chicken bro

decadbal is offline Banned
    dude, tell those ppl to shower and they are all cowards..lol

Gaucho77 is offline Associate Member
    You could order some beef/chicken off the internet... heh.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbouncinballs
    can't find meat (real meat) anywhere. beef and chicken are obsolete and it seems that eggs haven't even been introduced to france aside from quiche!
    What do you mean you can't find meat???

First thing you need to find is a butchers shop (Une boucherie), and there you'll get all the beef (du boeuf), pork (du porc) or chicken (du poulet) you want in any shape you want... from ground beef (du boeuf haché) all the way to chicken breasts (des poitrines de poulet).

Though they do have groceries like here in Paris and all over france, the culture there still prefers smaller specialty shops (stay away from pastry shops if you know whats good for your diet! ).

With your being in Paris, I assume you at least have a basic knowledge of french?

Red

elliot, studying here until january at the sorbonne. red, no, i don't know a word of french besides bonjour... and that hasn't gotten me all that far.
    as for the butcher shops, i have managed to locate one that sells whole, little chickens for like 2euro but i've never cooked a chicken, i don't even know if its cleaned and gutted. i usually just stick with the chicken boobs. as for red meat... i don't have a clue what the hell the signs say, just big hunks o' cow with price tags, i don't wanna go home with some rump roast or somethin.
    and groomed or ungroomed, these french women are something else. absolutely gorgeous with perfect skin and the softest, silkiest lookin skin right above the breast area.... mmmmmm! but i'm married so no frenchies for me. anyone wanna trade some french boobs for some chicken boobs!
    Last edited by bigbouncinballs; 09-06-2004 at 03:11 AM.

on the plus side, it seems the french aren't into working out which means at 6'1", 254lbs i have so far been the biggest guy in the gym! planning a brief trip to turkey to load up on quality supplements :wink: :wink: should get better the bigger i get.

J-F
    J-F is offline Associate Member
    chicken boobs.
    never heard that one before

love it!!!

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Good luck - enjoy yourself-watch out in the Subway!

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    yeah i here ya. even the groceries tend to run out of meat fast but listen to RED find a boucherie and request in advance the cuts of meat you want, and if you are game you can even have horsemeat which the french are very fond off.Good luck.

Thread Information