samoth is offline Member

Looking for a new email addy

Ok, Hushmail disables your account after 3 weeks of non-use. I've been using Ziplip for the past couple of years, but after inadvertently using my addy for some sign-up thingy, I've been getting more and more spam, to the point that my inbox fills up within a week. Now, it's not even working right: I have 51 messages in my inbox, and 100+ in the trash, but clicking on 'inbox' or 'trash' comes up with 'no new messages'. Everything old I had in there seems to be gone...

So what is a good email nowadays? Something that won't disable after 3 weeks (6-8 weeks fine, 3 no), and preferably secure. I need something that won't disable so I can use it for university and work related stuff.

How is that new Gmail thing?

Any input would be appreciated!

KeyMastur is offline VET
    all the hush based addy's disable after 3 weeks of inactivity

i have the same spam problem you do with ziplip - drives me nuts.

samoth is offline Member
    Never had any spam problems whatsoever until I used my email addy for some sign-up thing... I didn't think twice about it, because it came in my university email! Oh well, learned the hard way...

Does Gmail disable after a certain period of time? I know it's not secure, but I don't know of any secure emails that don't disable.

Slick Arrado is offline Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by samoth
    Ok, Hushmail disables your account after 3 weeks of non-use. I've been using Ziplip for the past couple of years, but after inadvertently using my addy for some sign-up thingy, I've been getting more and more spam, to the point that my inbox fills up within a week. Now, it's not even working right: I have 51 messages in my inbox, and 100+ in the trash, but clicking on 'inbox' or 'trash' comes up with 'no new messages'. Everything old I had in there seems to be gone...

So what is a good email nowadays? Something that won't disable after 3 weeks (6-8 weeks fine, 3 no), and preferably secure. I need something that won't disable so I can use it for university and work related stuff.

How is that new Gmail thing?

Any input would be appreciated!

All the old emails in my ZipLip are gone too.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, i use Keptprivate.com I also have access to google's new gmail if ur interested..? PM me with an email addy and i will send u an invite if u want..?

OG

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i have two hushmail accounts

i think ipay liek $60 bucks a year for the premium service for both of them. you could do that

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    Hey bro, i use Keptprivate.com I also have access to google's new gmail if ur interested..? PM me with an email addy and i will send u an invite if u want..?

OG

Dude could u send me an invite for gmail? I didnt realise u guys use it! Been after an account for AGES!

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    Dude could u send me an invite for gmail? I didnt realise u guys use it! Been after an account for AGES!

Im not using it bro. The scanning email text has me a bit scerd to use it. I ahve access to invites though. PM me ur email addy and i will send u an invite...

OG

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    The scanning email text has me a bit scerd to use it.

Hows that work then?

samoth is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    i think ipay liek $60 bucks a year for the premium service for both of them. you could do that
    Tuition went up 25% since last semester. I'm trying to keep a tight budget so as to not leave school with too many loans...

OG
    Does Gmail disable after a certain number of weeks? If it disables in 6-8 weeks (or more), and not in 3, I would be interested!

samoth is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    Hows that work then?

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...ighlight=gmail

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    if you want i can give you a [email protected] e-mail address. i dont remember if it can be accessed through the web though, or if you need outlook.

samoth is offline Member
    LOL, thanks, but I need something accessable through the web, from anywhere.

Thread Information