Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member

ban on assault weapons over soon

I just heard that the ban on assault weapons has to be renewed soon and it looks like its not going to be renewed. So that means the 10 types of assault weapons that are baned will soon be able to get purchased. Also the 10shot clip limit will no longer be in effect. Looks like i can get my AK-47 with a 75round drum

Lobsterman is offline Associate Member
    Hell yeah I live in Conneticut and there's some H&K stuff I want MP5,HK 91,a Spas can't wait !!!

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    YESSSSSS!!!!! I know when I am hunting rabbits, I NEED my AK-47

yea the HK91 is good stuff. Id like one of those in my line up
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobsterman
    Hell yeah I live in Conneticut and there's some H&K stuff I want MP5,HK 91,a Spas can't wait !!!

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Thank god....with the return of the mammoth necessary, we'll NEED these things. I mean, if history has shown us ANYTHING, it's that A.) wars are won by those with the superior deity and B.) mammoths can NOT be defeated by spears and other primitive weapons

EDIT: it would appear that some drawings on cave walls imply that mammoths CAN be beaten with such weapons. These are clearly fraudulent.
    Last edited by BigGreen; 09-08-2004 at 05:39 PM.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    oh yea thats what we need more gun toting conservatives that are "pro-life"

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Bring on the 50rd clips again, I got more cash to spend...

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Whoo Hoo! Now kids can massacre even more of their classmates when they go on a rampage in school!

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Thank god....with the return of the mammoth necessary, we'll NEED these things. I mean, if history has shown us ANYTHING, it's that A.) wars are won by those with the superior deity and B.) mammoths can NOT be defeated by spears and other primitive weapons

EDIT: it would appear that some drawings on cave walls imply that mammoths CAN be beaten with such weapons. These are clearly fraudulent.

Wasnt there also a cave depiction of a buffalo "flying" off a cliff.

Without taking sides in this (as I seriously don't care), I am ready to bet $1 that weeks after the elections, this ban will be re-enacted regardless of who is elected.

Thats my prediction...

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    Whoo Hoo! Now kids can massacre even more of their classmates when they go on a rampage in school!
    You and people like yourself are morons... You think it's the good law abiding citizens that are using these for the wrong reasons? Most all people can get their hands on a gun one way or another. They all kill people if that's the intent. The assault rifle ban helps keep the guns away from good citizens, the criminals are still buying the same **** illegally that they were before the ban...Columbine was a disaster but are you gonna push for an automobile ban because people drink and drink which causes accidents and deaths?

Ill take u up on that bet. Id like that to be a US dollar and sent to my pay pal account once i win the bet
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Without taking sides in this (as I seriously don't care), I am ready to bet $1 that weeks after the elections, this ban will be re-enacted regardless of who is elected.

Thats my prediction...

Red

Quote Originally Posted by ironfist
    You and people like yourself are morons... You think it's the good law abiding citizens that are using these for the wrong reasons? Most all people can get their hands on a gun one way or another. They all kill people if that's the intent. The assault rifle ban helps keep the guns away from good citizens, the criminals are still buying the same **** illegally that they were before the ban...Columbine was a disaster but are you gonna push for an automobile ban because people drink and drink which causes accidents and deaths?
    LMFAO!! Why do good citizens need assualt rifles Thats the craziest thing i have ever heard! And i expect most of the kids that have comitted the killing havent bought their guns on teh black market they have stolen them from parents or other family members.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    less than 3% of gun crimes are commited with assault rifles. Whats the big problem with them? AR's are made very well and are great for hunting. Thats why a citizen might want one.

Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    less than 3% of gun crimes are commited with assault rifles. Whats the big problem with them? AR's are made very well and are great for hunting. Thats why a citizen might want one.
    Nope.. i want one to shoot **** up... lol

But I do agree that they will be probably be re-banned.

Besides.. i think Red Ketchup is just jealous cause there not legal "up there" ..

LMFAO!! Why do good citizens need assualt rifles Thats the craziest thing i have ever heard! And i expect most of the kids that have comitted the killing havent bought their guns on teh black market they have stolen them from parents or other family members.
    Do all the actors and pro athletes NEED their 10 Million dollar houses? Do people really NEED corvettes that go 180mph? Besides, how many times have you seen or heard of law enforcemnt guys flipping out and killing their families? It's happened and these guys are allowed to buy full auto weapons. You can't control everything. maybe we should just have a standard IQ test that needs to be taken before a person is allowed to buy guns...

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    liberals make me sick.

Do all the actors and pro athletes NEED their 10 Million dollar houses? Do people really NEED corvettes that go 180mph? Besides, how many times have you seen or heard of law enforcemnt guys flipping out and killing their families? It's happened and these guys are allowed to buy full auto weapons. You can't control everything. maybe we should just have a standard IQ test that needs to be taken before a person is allowed to buy guns...
    An expensive house cant accidentally be taken to school by a 4 year old then used against a classmate. Answering your Q more directly, do people really NEED guns?

An expensive house cant accidentally be taken to school by a 4 year old then used against a classmate. Answering your Q more directly, do people really NEED guns?
    Its not a question of need its a matter of right. Our Constitution gives us the right to bear arms.

when has one of these banned assault rifles been taken to school and been held responsible for killing children. Most of the time they are shotguns or other ordinary guns. But I forgot...guns load themselves, point at people, and pull the trigger themselves, not the crazy fuked up people who hold them.

I never go ANYWHERE without a Weapon.

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    I already have three assault weapons so I don't care! AR-15, AK-47, and and FN-FAL .308

shootdeep is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    liberals make me sick.
    well said bro. like zel miller said....they want to arm our soldiers with spitballs!! and i'm sure even those would be illegal for us civilians to possess.
    i'm glad that the ban will probably sunset, but it sucks that most of my really cool guns will drop in value overnight...oh well, gotta make sacrifices.

when has one of these banned assault rifles been taken to school and been held responsible for killing children. Most of the time they are shotguns or other ordinary guns. But I forgot...guns load themselves, point at people, and pull the trigger themselves, not the crazy fuked up people who hold them.

Just colunbine as far as I know...

Are we gonna start banning muslims from the coutry as well just because some of the people in their religion are radicals and were responsible for killing 5k americans? Come on now

assault rifle, magnum, desert eagle5.0, sa80. who cares there all still guns! The way i see it, guns are good for one whing only, killing! You wanna go hunt and kill animals for food/sport well thats one thing, have your single shot hunting rifle. But why do you need a revolver or a lazer guided carbon fibre semi automatic pistol with an extra large clip? Tec 9 pistol vs deer! The way i see it you wouldnt have half the gun crime pistols, concealable weapons etc were banned.

ITs hard to see where your reasoning is coming from. Not intended to flame...but do you know what this law consists of?
    from awbansunset.com:
    Title XI of the Federal Violent Crime Control Act of 1994 banned the manufacture and import of a certain class of guns defined by Congress as "Assault Weapons." These firearms were categorized as such by certain identifying features, namely cosmetic and ergonomic features that present a military-like appearance, but have absolutely no effect on lethality. The act also bans so-called "high capacity" magazines. The provisions of this Act are scheduled to expire automatically on September 13th, 2004

Most of these changes are cosmetic, such as pistol grips, etc. So if you dont know this, it is unlikely that you will have a valuable opinion of it.

Im glad they are doing this. I feel America will be the "front lines" sooner than we think.

ITs hard to see where your reasoning is coming from. Not intended to flame...but do you know what this law consists of?
    from awbansunset.com:
    [
    Most of these changes are cosmetic, such as pistol grips, etc. So if you dont know this, it is unlikely that you will have a valuable opinion of it.
    No i think out of everyone you put across a rounded argument/point. Im just not a fan of the idea of a population walking around armed to the teeth with deadly weapons.
    "Im glad they are doing this. I feel America will be the "front lines" sooner than we think." {purepower} I mean this just scares me.

Just colunbine as far as I know...
    I could be wwrong, but I didnt think assault rifles were used.
    from NRAILA fact sheet:

Gun control" supporters are wrong, in trying to exploit the D.C. "sniper" and Columbine crimes. The gun used in D.C., and three of the guns used in Columbine, were not "assault weapons." Also, in each of the D.C. crimes only one shot was fired, and in Columbine the killers fired slowly, moving casually between victims. The guns used in these crimes had no bearing on their outcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    Im glad they are doing this. I feel America will be the "front lines" sooner than we think.
    yup.. and NO WAY in hell im gonna be in the neighborhood with you.. LOL

No i think out of everyone you put across a rounded argument/point. Im just not a fan of the idea of a population walking around armed to the teeth with deadly weapons.
    "Im glad they are doing this. I feel America will be the "front lines" sooner than we think." {purepower} I mean this just scares me.
    Good point. Put in the wrong hands, any gun can be destructive.

Kindamakes me feel uneasy too bro. Face the facts bro we are entering WW3. It doesnt make me scared though because I know where im headed when I die, straight to Jesus Christ.

I disagree with ya here... its a choice. Just because they are legal doesnt mean you HAVE to go get one and tote it around. I dont own one now... if i go hunting i just borrow a friends.

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Guns don't kill people, People kill people.. and there are tons of people that kill people without guns....

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    yup.. and NO WAY in hell im gonna be in the neighborhood with you.. LOL

shootdeep is offline Member
    assault rifle, magnum, desert eagle5.0, sa80. who cares there all still guns! The way i see it, guns are good for one whing only, killing! You wanna go hunt and kill animals for food/sport well thats one thing, have your single shot hunting rifle. But why do you need a revolver or a lazer guided carbon fibre semi automatic pistol with an extra large clip? Tec 9 pistol vs deer! The way i see it you wouldnt have half the gun crime pistols, concealable weapons etc were banned.
    i've had assault weapons for years and i haven't killed anyone......yet. as far as concealed weapons go, i wonder how many killers go get their permits before they go out and shoot someone. if they ban guns, only the criminals will have them and that would be great for the rest of us. how many anti-gun members have actually had a gun affect them negatively?

Everyone whos getting all huffy about this... i dont understand this... shot guns and rifles are not the normal gun use on other people. It would be your smaller handguns that u can carry around every place. Its kinda hard to hide a M16 or a shot gun that has to be 18inchs long (minimum) on your person. Then some of you might say well what about those dude in LA who held up the bank and had a huge shoot out with LAPD.... well first off the ban was in effect at the time yet they still got a hold of some AR and then mod them to make it fully auto. So if someone is going to do it... they will find a way... with or without the ban

Quote Originally Posted by juicehoe
    Everyone whos getting all huffy about this... i dont understand this... shot guns and rifles are not the normal gun use on other people. It would be your smaller handguns that u can carry around every place. Its kinda hard to hide a M16 or a shot gun that has to be 18inchs long (minimum) on your person. Then some of you might say well what about those dude in LA who held up the bank and had a huge shoot out with LAPD.... well first off the ban was in effect at the time yet they still got a hold of some AR and then mod them to make it fully auto. So if someone is going to do it... they will find a way... with or without the ban
    word. Good point

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information