Colibri is offline Banned

Copyright Question

Cut and past from my other thread no one answered about the images on my design:

Concerning the copyright issue, looking at the disclaimer from http://www.fitflex.com/gallery_dorian.html - that page, all images used were avalable free with no copyright indications, would I be able to legitimatly use them as this site has?

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Well just to be safe it's always a good idea to email the webmaster of all the sites you intened to use stuff from. If they are big things I mean. Unless they are very common pictures, that's different. But if this site is using them, and others are using them, then there should be no prob. Just email them to be nice.

That's the thing, nearly all of the pictures were from an FTP and they have no markings.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Copyrights are automatic - you own all your orginal work. Putting a © 2003, Colibri - justs lets people know you take your rights very seriously. Unless something specifically states that the work is given as copyright-free, you must assume you can not use it for profit raising... or else get stuck in court someday with someone wanting their piece of your earnings...

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    as long as you do not pass off someone elses copyrighted material as your own, there won't be a problem...by making those pictures available to the public the webmaster gave up any rights unless someone passes them off as his/her own. don't sweat it bro, noone is going to go apeshit over something as trivial as some thumbnail size pix on a lifting site.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Shit yeah - if you are just looking for an avatar or some wallpaper for your desktop - the Internet has tones of stuff available - and wether it is copyrighted or not - who cares? You are just passing along the work with no intentions of personal profit raising...

But trying tell sell CD-R versions of Photoshop out of your trunk will get you into some legal issues... Even owning a Web site (for profit raising) and including copyright images (any artwork - even photography or editorials) is a violation unless you contact the creator and get permission.

For example, if I gave you a vector image made in Adobe Illustrator and you posted it as some wall paper on your PC - why should I care? However, the moment you take that vector image from me, without any work for hire terms, and make a couple thousand of it from billboard designs - I'll be coming after you for my cut

Fooboy is offline Associate Member
    interesting

Allright thanks guy.

Now I can use the design I intended too, without having o change the images to stupid poser 4 characters

Thread Information