Tony Soprano is offline Associate Member

Angry ****ed sinuses!!!!

I've had crappy sinuses for as long as I can remember. The thing is, they are always constantly changing. One day I'll be ok, the next day I can breathe like a ****ed 80 year old with emphasyma. Usually my left side is plugged up more than the right side, but sometimes they will be both stuffed up.

I've taken everything from prescription nasal sprays to decongestants to allergy shots. Nothing seems to fix it and it pisses me off!!! About the only thing that works is salt-water irrigations, but its effectiveness is limited.

Fortunately, I'll have medical insurance in a few months, so hopefully I can find a good doctor. Anyone else with crappy sinuses?

decadbal is offline Banned
    that sucks bro

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    I've had crappy sinuses for as long as I can remember. The thing is, they are always constantly changing. One day I'll be ok, the next day I can breathe like a ****ed 80 year old with emphasyma. Usually my left side is plugged up more than the right side, but sometimes they will be both stuffed up.

I've taken everything from prescription nasal sprays to decongestants to allergy shots. Nothing seems to fix it and it pisses me off!!! About the only thing that works is salt-water irrigations, but its effectiveness is limited.

Fortunately, I'll have medical insurance in a few months, so hopefully I can find a good doctor. Anyone else with crappy sinuses?

I feel ur pain bro. I have really bad allergies and i get sinus headaches that kill. For 2yrs i would once a week and get two allergy shots plus alergy meds. Iv talked to 3 different Dr's all telling me i needed sinus surgery. But everyone iv talked to that has had the surgery said it didnt help and not to get it.

This might sound gross, but it helps me. Waterpik makes a sinus irrigation adaptor. Stick that thing up ur nose and turn the water on....lol Do that everyday for a bit then a few times a week. I recommend trying it before u have any surgery....Good luck!!

OG
    Last edited by OGPackin; 09-08-2004 at 08:50 PM.

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus

sinus

yea, they do suck.

Iowa is offline Banned
    Yeah, my sinuses suck balls. Ive got a deviated septum so my $hit doesnt drain on my left side. It just sits there and is a pain in my ass. When Im plugged up and cant breathe, I turn to my trusty Afrin spray. That clears me up in about 5 minutes. Its the best thing for the symptoms IMO, but its not a cure for source of the problem. One downside to it is that youre not supposed to use it for more than 3 days straight, but it helps me sleep when I cant breathe.

Philliagorillia is offline Associate Member
    Dont ya hate when one side is running like crazy and the other side is dry as a bone, and ya gotta eventually rip off little pieces of tissue and wad it up and stuff it up your nostral and walk around like that..............

Tony Soprano is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa
    Yeah, my sinuses suck balls. Ive got a deviated septum so my $hit doesnt drain on my left side. It just sits there and is a pain in my ass. When Im plugged up and cant breathe, I turn to my trusty Afrin spray. That clears me up in about 5 minutes. Its the best thing for the symptoms IMO, but its not a cure for source of the problem. One downside to it is that youre not supposed to use it for more than 3 days straight, but it helps me sleep when I cant breathe.

have you considered the deviated septum surgery? I hear that ENT's have do laser surgery that's effective though im not for sure.

I've had surgery about 7 years ago, and it didnt do dick. drinking lots of water seems to help abit, just as long as it's not too cold.

Thread Information