Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    We killed almost 10 thousand people so we could go to war with IRAQ. Cant you people see that now?

I swear that is how some people think.....It makes me wanna hit them.
    It was less than 3000.

chances is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    you are a very naive person to think there is nothing wrong there (watch farenheit 911)
    I'm naive!? I'm not the one taking a propogandist liar's word for it. You think Michael Moore is telling the truth!? Why don't you do your own research? You'll quickly see that Mr. Moore takes video and audio clips out of context to make his point. He's a charlatan.

Read these then tell me again how truthful Mr. Moore is:
    http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fift...enheit-911.htm
    http://www.drudgereport.com/dnc4.htm
    http://www.moorelies.com/articles/

WTF does Area 51 have to do with anything? Do YOU think there are flying saucers there?

chance

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chances
    I'm naive!? I'm not the one taking a propogandist liar's word for it. You think Michael Moore is telling the truth!? Why don't you do your own research? You'll quickly see that Mr. Moore takes video and audio clips out of context to make his point. He's a charlatan.

Read these then tell me again how truthful Mr. Moore is:
    http://www.drudgereport.com/dnc4.htm
    http://www.moorelies.com/articles/

WTF does Area 51 have to do with anything? Do YOU think there are flying saucers there?

chance
    mr more's deceits? such has how many eggs actually hit bush's limo during his innaguration???? are you for real???? do my own research?? lmao
    was the war in iraq for a. oil or b. freeing oppressed people??
    answer chances
    if it was to free oprressed people(yeah right).....why not invade north korea?? they are more oppressed, and actually said they will make nukes, yet the big bad usa initiates talks.....thats it, talks ..... they wont invade because a, no oil there .... and b. they get their ass's handed to them

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    By the size and shape of this thing in the five frames of film as it lands, I'd say it was a tomahawk cruise missile. Funny thing is it didn't detonate where it came to a stop. Could this have been a bunker buster that got away from researchers some how? Or was stollen? To many unknown variables.

Buildingmuscle is offline Associate Member
    Its hard to believe anything or anyone these days. seems like you only get part of the story and with today's technology you can make things appear to be true and it not even come close to being true.

All I know is that with all the things that have been happening lately, whoever becomes president or whoever is a leader ought to at least care about people enough to help them and not try to use the power that they have attained to do something bad or make a few dollars, thats just not right to be so cruel.

but thats just my 2 cents worth

Harvey Balboner is offline Retired Moderator
    one of my friends was about a block away that day. he said he saw the airplane crash into the building, i remember him calling our office voicemail and sending a group message to everyone describing it.

Raven8264 is offline Junior Member
    grr, double post
    Last edited by Raven8264; 09-13-2004 at 03:34 AM.

grr, triplepost
    Last edited by Raven8264; 09-13-2004 at 03:34 AM.

Assymetrical, you sound like a fanatic who believes anything said about Bush that's negative. You remind me of the audience I was with when I saw F9/11 for myself. I was amazed in 2 short hours how easy it was to brainwash people when you feed mis-information to people who want to believe it.

#3 is wrong. Ever single person who boarded that plane was interviewed. No, they were not detained. Should they have been, even for being relatives of Osama Bin Laden? No..having bloodlines with a criminal (regardless the scope of his behavior) is NOT a crime (at least in this country, thank God) and I am proud of the fact that we did what was right. They interviewed them, believed their stories, and let them go for their own safety.

#1 is correct. Bush has business ties to the Saudis. But, just as Michael Moore loves to do (giving only part of the story to mislead people), you fail to mention that so has every other President since Reagan. Saudi royalty have big money in oil, business, etc.. and it's only smart to keep them close allies. Now it's coming out they Saudis may have sheltered terrorists. Does that mean Bush knew about it all along and complied because it's "good business"? Maybe, maybe not, but at least present the full story and let people make their own decisions.

Next on you list..why not invade North Korea? Simple, they have nukes and shown they're willing to use them at testing sites. Here's the other reason..they have the range to hit Hawaii and Alaska with those nukes using MRBMs. Invade using conventional means..they get pissed and launch nukes, then both sides are screwed. With Iraq it was an easy decision. They had developed missiles with increased range that, while not being able to reach U.S. soil as of yet, still violated the rules when they promised not to extend their arsenal's range.

Bottom line, they showed they were willing to keep working towards technology which would eventually mean nukes/wmd could reach U.S. territory. That ALONE is reason enough to invade, imo. Yes, North Korea is worse imo, but they're much more dangerous and can't be dealt with using conventional military might.

You certainly won't believe this after what I've written, but I went into F9/11 with an open mind. However, I saw so many half-truths and outright lies that I became disgusted before it was even half over.

A perfect example. Moore neatly states they Bush tried to cut soldier's pay by 1/3, showing that he didn't support our troops. This is a distortion that has been paraded by the Democratic party, uninformed news media, even "Fahrenheit 9/11".

The only thing Bush did was not support *renewing* a 75$ increase in *bonus pay* per month for Imminent Danger pay, a bonus you get while in or near a combat zone. The opposition jumped all over that because it was the only thing they could manipulate to make Bush look bad regarding pay/incentives/benefits for military folk, and so they made broad, sweeping comments like, "Bush cuts solider's pay!" Technically for the selective soldiers involved regarding only that bonus, yes it could be considered a cut, but we see how people can distort one thing into something else entirely.

In 2003, in fact, Bush got a 3.7% pay raise for military pay across the board, almost double what we had been getting before he came to office to help close the gap compared to what our civilian counterparts were making. That's not mentioning the increased percentages in housing allowance, food allowance, etc.. Quality of life increased by leaps and bounds.

I saw my check jump up more than 100$ a month thanks to his new defense budget after election which targeted an EXTRA 1 1/2 billion dollars to just pay and benefits, which was on top of the pay raises already budgeted for us. 100$ may not seem like a lot, but for families who can barely keep their car from being respossessed or keep food on the table because their pay is so far behind that of equivalent civilian jobs with equal education, trust me, it's a lot.

It just annoys me greatly when people try to say things that paint a very different picture of someone when it comes to certain issues by deceiving people through distorting facts, quoting out of context, etc... I don't like certain things Bush has done, but you need to hear both sides of an issue before making up your mind. There was a reason I was always made the ref when my friends played basketball way back when. I would always call it fair, even if my best friend got pissed the rest of the day at me for it. Well that and I dominated on the court too much
    Last edited by Raven8264; 09-13-2004 at 03:52 AM.

BTW, I highly suggest for anyone who's seen F9/11 to check this out. It's a long read, but very interesting. You may not agree with everything, but at least you'll be able to see both sides of the issue.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    gachaman - nice posts

I can't stand conspiracy BS... especially by Americans, against Americans... and from people who have no real credibility to analyze anything... let the FBI/CIA deal with this...

For example, "I heard a missle" <- who said that? Some 12 year old a few blocks down... just become a quote has a name doesn't mean it is credible... blah...

Quote Originally Posted by gachamann
    Assymetrical, you sound like a fanatic who believes anything said about Bush that's negative. You remind me of the audience I was with when I saw F9/11 for myself. I was amazed in 2 short hours how easy it was to brainwash people when you feed mis-information to people who want to believe it.

#3 is wrong. Ever single person who boarded that plane was interviewed. No, they were not detained. Should they have been, even for being relatives of Osama Bin Laden? No..having bloodlines with a criminal (regardless the scope of his behavior) is NOT a crime (at least in this country, thank God) and I am proud of the fact that we did what was right. They interviewed them, believed their stories, and let them go for their own safety.

#1 is correct. Bush has business ties to the Saudis. But, just as Michael Moore loves to do (giving only part of the story to mislead people), you fail to mention that so has every other President since Reagan. Saudi royalty have big money in oil, business, etc.. and it's only smart to keep them close allies. Now it's coming out they Saudis may have sheltered terrorists. Does that mean Bush knew about it all along and complied because it's "good business"? Maybe, maybe not, but at least present the full story and let people make their own decisions.

Next on you list..why not invade North Korea? Simple, they have nukes and shown they're willing to use them at testing sites. Here's the other reason..they have the range to hit Hawaii and Alaska with those nukes using MRBMs. Invade using conventional means..they get pissed and launch nukes, then both sides are screwed. With Iraq it was an easy decision. They had developed missiles with increased range that, while not being able to reach U.S. soil as of yet, still violated the rules when they promised not to extend their arsenal's range.

Bottom line, they showed they were willing to keep working towards technology which would eventually mean nukes/wmd could reach U.S. territory. That ALONE is reason enough to invade, imo. Yes, North Korea is worse imo, but they're much more dangerous and can't be dealt with using conventional military might.

You certainly won't believe this after what I've written, but I went into F9/11 with an open mind. However, I saw so many half-truths and outright lies that I became disgusted before it was even half over.

A perfect example. Moore neatly states they Bush tried to cut soldier's pay by 1/3, showing that he didn't support our troops. This is a distortion that has been paraded by the Democratic party, uninformed news media, even "Fahrenheit 9/11".

The only thing Bush did was not support *renewing* a 75$ increase in *bonus pay* per month for Imminent Danger pay, a bonus you get while in or near a combat zone. The opposition jumped all over that because it was the only thing they could manipulate to make Bush look bad regarding pay/incentives/benefits for military folk, and so they made broad, sweeping comments like, "Bush cuts solider's pay!" Technically for the selective soldiers involved regarding only that bonus, yes it could be considered a cut, but we see how people can distort one thing into something else entirely.

In 2003, in fact, Bush got a 3.7% pay raise for military pay across the board, almost double what we had been getting before he came to office to help close the gap compared to what our civilian counterparts were making. That's not mentioning the increased percentages in housing allowance, food allowance, etc.. Quality of life increased by leaps and bounds.

I saw my check jump up more than 100$ a month thanks to his new defense budget after election which targeted an EXTRA 1 1/2 billion dollars to just pay and benefits, which was on top of the pay raises already budgeted for us. 100$ may not seem like a lot, but for families who can barely keep their car from being respossessed or keep food on the table because their pay is so far behind that of equivalent civilian jobs with equal education, trust me, it's a lot.

It just annoys me greatly when people try to say things that paint a very different picture of someone when it comes to certain issues by deceiving people through distorting facts, quoting out of context, etc... I don't like certain things Bush has done, but you need to hear both sides of an issue before making up your mind. There was a reason I was always made the ref when my friends played basketball way back when. I would always call it fair, even if my best friend got pissed the rest of the day at me for it. Well that and I dominated on the court too much
    good post
    i agree mr. moore has his own agenda.....and tells a different side....but i think that side needs to be told
    a pay raise for you is nice, congrats....but a 1000 of your co-workers have died, right? good thing they got that 3.7% raise
    also, the us should only "liberate the oppressed people" of weaker countries, huh?
    ones that have a weak millitary and lots of oil would be convienant for the us........easy to "bully" up on them

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    good post
    i agree mr. moore has his own agenda.....and tells a different side....but i think that side needs to be told
    Even if "that side" is lies?

decadbal is offline Banned
    well this is bizzare

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    out gov't is the worst in the world about keeping people in the dark about things.
    I would have to disagree. In communist china this video wouldnt even have been made. They dont need to justify themselves to their people. they just do what they want and imprision or kill dissenters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    Even if "that side" is lies?
    no, if that side were lies then no, it shoul'dnt be heard....moore has embellished a few points for entertainment purposes but has shed alot of light on some dark areas.....i especially liked the picture of rumsfeld shaking saddhams hand in 1983.....

Thanks for the compliment Assym, and my apologies for saying you sounded like a fanatic. As far as the deaths and the war, I guess there's just two opinions on it. I respect that you disagree and can understand your points.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information