Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When we die

palme is offline Rosie Member

When we die

What do you think will happen?

Will we live again on this earth as another human or maybe as another animal? Or maybe live in another astral dimension? Or will we just go back to the earth only to be rememberd by our friends and if where lucky we will have done something big and get our names written down in the history books.

What do you think? I hope there is an afterlife (astral), one where we get to me all our friends, but i think we will just be like a plant, die and our ashes will spread with the wind.

All i know is, or think i know, is that we find peace.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by palme

Will we live again on this earth as another human or maybe as another animal? .
    i think this will happen, there have been alot of death posts, cheer up with this:http://maddox.xmission.com/irule2.html

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I dont know what I think. What I hope is that I get reborn as something(would prefer a wolf or other pac animal). But what doesnt matter much...Just as long as I dont remember anything!!
    The thought of eternal life in one way or another(increasing astral plains where you climb for each death, living as a soul in heaven or hell ect) scares the **** out of me cause EVERYTHING will get boring after a couple of thousands of years no matter how perfect heaven or any other option is.
    I think eternal life in every way would lead to complete insanity and the worst thing about it is that it would be impossible to get away....

so I hope we all get reborn over and over and over and get to experience the good stuff in life without having the memories of endless lifetimes as a burden.

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    eternal darkness my friend. I pray god is there...but i have doubts as a scientist.

S R H is offline Associate Member
    God i hate thinking about this stuff.. I think so much into it sometimes like johan stated and i really freak myself out.

I guess it will be one of lifes greatest mysteries, but from what i have heard ( i dono if its true) Life just goes back to what it was before you were born. Complete darkness..No emotions..No thoughts... no memories.

Just sumthing for u guys to think about

Quote Originally Posted by BduBbz
    God i hate thinking about this stuff.. I think so much into it sometimes like johan stated and i really freak myself out.

I guess it will be one of lifes greatest mysteries, but from what i have heard ( i dono if its true) Life just goes back to what it was before you were born. Complete darkness..No emotions..No thoughts... no memories.

Just sumthing for u guys to think about
    The thing that makes me belive in a after life is ghosts. I am almost 100% convinced that they exist.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    The thing that makes me belive in a after life is ghosts. I am almost 100% convinced that they exist.
    Great so your a ghost for the rest of eternity... Man do u get what eternity is?... NEVER ending man... like i dont think you can even register that thought of how long that really is.

This all is a very confusing and debatable subject, but it freaks me out cause i really have no clue what happens after we die, nor does anyone. Ok so, you come back in a different world or sumthing right?.... how many times? Eventually no matter how happy u were you would eventually want it to end sooner or later.. that is if you even had a consciousness.

Great so your a ghost for the rest of eternity... Man do u get what eternity is?... NEVER ending man... like i dont think you can even register that thought of how long that really is.

This all is a very confusing and debatable subject, but it freaks me out cause i really have no clue what happens after we die, nor does anyone. Ok so, you come back in a different world or sumthing right?.... how many times? Eventually no matter how happy u were you would eventually want it to end sooner or later.. that is if you even had a consciousness.

I dont belive everyone turns into ghosts and I have no theory what happens to the rest and I dont belive a ghost lingers for eternity either.

Yeah I cant grasp eternity and I cant grasp not existing either. Its far beyond comprehension for any human. Its like trying to imagine that outside of our universe there is nothing. Not even time. Impossible thoughts to grasp.

But then again imagine if there is a heaven and when you go there your ability to become bored is disabled so even the most ridicilous things would be incredibly gratifying(kind of like a dog that thinks its just as fun to run after a ball the millionth time you throw it as it was the first time).

or maby afterlife is like a eternity of beeing high on morphine(anyone that has got morphine in a hospital knows how **** good i feels). Just floating and beeing content to exist, no troublesome thoughts and no unplesant feelings or sensations.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    But then again imagine if there is a heaven and when you go there your ability to become bored is disabled so even the most ridicilous things would be incredibly gratifying(kind of like a dog that thinks its just as fun to run after a ball the millionth time you throw it as it was the first time).
    I really like the dog metaphor... it makes alota sense. Thx for ur input bro

decadbal is offline Banned
    i think ill go to hel for the bad things ive done.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    Duh..... if you have accepted Jesus Christ has your lord and personal saviour you goto heaven if not then you goto hell ...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsDeity
    Duh..... if you have accepted Jesus Christ has your lord and personal saviour you goto heaven if not then you goto hell ...
    What if your a religion thats doesnt believe that christ is the savior?... that means ur goin to hell?

good job. Does ur mommy tell u these things?

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    What if your a religion thats doesnt believe that christ is the savior?... that means ur goin to hell?

good job. Does ur mommy tell u these things?
    at this point in my walk im not able to answer that correctly

sorry

Kato is offline Member
    i will recieve a state of total conscieneness. cuz i was a looper in the himalayas, and i looped for the Dally Lama himself. big hitter the lama, long! i remeber he said "gunga gullunga, gunga gullunga gullunga" after the round was over he tried to stiff me? so i said "hey lama, a little something for the effort, ya know!" The Lama said "when you die, on ur deathbed, you will recieve a state of total conscienceness" soooo, i got that goin for me!

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Pick up the Bible and read it. It has everything that you need to survive. If you dont believe me pick it up and read it for 15 minuets and just look through it. I PROMISE you will not be disappointed.

-PurePower

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    Pick up the Bible and read it. It has everything that you need to survive. If you dont believe me pick it up and read it for 15 minuets and just look through it. I PROMISE you will not be disappointed.
    It doesn't help everyone. It never helped me. I don't know, I think it's kind of arrogant to suggest that everyones concerns about death can be alleviated through religion.

shootdeep is offline Member
    the Bible says that the dead are conscious of nothing. it also says that 144,000 chosen ones(already filled) will go to heaven and the rest of the people that live their lives by what the Bible says will live in paradise on earth. the ones that have died will be resurrected for judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by shootdeep
    the Bible says that the dead are conscious of nothing. it also says that 144,000 chosen ones(already filled) will go to heaven and the rest of the people that live their lives by what the Bible says will live in paradise on earth. the ones that have died will be resurrected for judgement.
    Hmm...really gets u thinkin doesnt it. But remember that book was written by a man like any one of us, even though if you are religious you believe it was written by God. But if you believe in science and physics you would know that that was written by another one of us.

shootdeep is offline Member
    Hmm...really gets u thinkin doesnt it. But remember that book was written by a man like any one of us, even though if you are religious you believe it was written by God. But if you believe in science and physics you would know that that was written by another one of us.
    it was written by people. they were inspired by God and Jesus to do the work they did.

not even gonna get started on what i believe

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePower

-PurePower
    amen.

Marc Angelo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palme

Will we live again on this earth as another human or maybe as another animal? Or maybe live in another astral dimension? Or will we just go back to the earth only to be rememberd by our friends and if where lucky we will have done something big and get our names written down in the history books.

What do you think? I hope there is an afterlife (astral), one where we get to me all our friends, but i think we will just be like a plant, die and our ashes will spread with the wind.

All i know is, or think i know, is that we find peace.

Reincarnation is an evolutionary process in which one returns to learn tne lessons that are still needed. The astral world continues to exist for a while, however the Astral entity willeventually pass on and the only thing left of us is the Consciousness or Soul which will pass to a heaven state until it is time to reincarnate again, or time to pass on to a hiugher plane of consciousness.

The problem with picking up the bible and read it is that there are many controversial ideas within the bible itself, so unless you are a theologist (I have a master Degree in Theology) you may not be able to figure it out. And even then it is just another interpretation. That's the reason there are so many sects and religions (too many interpretations). Which on the other hand it is great since we need people to really think and find diffenet interpretations (which is the only way of accessing deeper understandiung). There is a belief that God communicates with humanity in the language that humanity has, so if my language is limited God will have a limited language, however the more I develop my language skills the more God could expand in his communication with me. In other words, thank you for asking that question since it make us think

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    I think it's kind of arrogant to suggest that everyones concerns about death can be alleviated through religion.
    Well sucks to be you then.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    We will be back(hopefully!) I believe in reincarnation/past lives-I see it not as most see it, as coming back is a bad- I see it as plus.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    For those that do not Knor or have never heard of God/Jesus they will be given an opportunity to be saved before they are judged in the end.

Gilster is offline Member
    Those who have accepted the Gospel of Jesus Christ will be saved, their souls will rise to Heaven and will have everlasting life and live in Glory. Those who reject this Gospel after having it revealed to them will go into darkness and will have no pathway to the Heavenly Father. They will have served the adversary and shall be condemned for it.

sooner45 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilster
    Those who have accepted the Gospel of Jesus Christ will be saved, their souls will rise to Heaven and will have everlasting life and live in Glory. Those who reject this Gospel after having it revealed to them will go into darkness and will have no pathway to the Heavenly Father. They will have served the adversary and shall be condemned for it.
    You hit the nail on the head! Your not going to be re-incarniated, not going to be a plant, a dog, etc. Heaven or Hell. Point Blank. You Choose!
    Last edited by sooner45; 09-10-2004 at 09:44 AM.

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    I'm going to heaven. Hope to see yall there.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsDeity
    So basically everyone of any other religion is doomed to go to hell no matter how good of a life they've led. A Budhist monk who spent his entire life in prayer, poverty and service to the poor is f*cked but a brutal murderer like Carla Faye Tucker gets into heaven because she repented and accepted Jesus while in jail on death row and having nothing else to do accept sit in her cell. What a just and loving God.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Screw heaven and jesus, i wanna go to valhalla or chill with the greek gods, they seemed far more exciting In all reality tho, i think we simply die and rot.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mart651
    I'm going to heaven. Hope to see yall there.
    i will probably be headed down south for the winter

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    markas214, If you read my post in the end all will be given an opportunity to recieve the gift of eternal life,it will be theirs to accept or deny , even if they are hare' krishnas! The truth will be revealed and it will then be that you are judged, if you accept Jesus then you will be saved if you don't you won't. (of course this if my personal belief) so I am not judging you, I hope you don't take it that way.

The Bible was written by prophets chosen by GOD under the direct orders of GOD. Sure it was a man writing the words but it was GOD saying them, under the direct authority given to him by GOD. That is who wrote the Bible. It did not come from a man's mind. It came from GOD's power.

The Bible was written by prophets chosen by GOD under the direct orders of GOD. Sure it was a man writing the words but it was GOD saying them, under the direct authority given to him by GOD. That is who wrote the Bible. It did not come from a man's mind. It came from GOD's power.
    Not getting into a religious argument here.......... but, why all the revisions of the bible then. If it truly was the word of god wasnt it a little presumptuous of man to change it, alter it etc. Even translating it from its original language will change it from being 100% accurate. And if the bible is so accurate, why are there never any mentions of dinosaurs in it? I mean if adam and ever were the first two people and came into existance only a few days after teh creation of the earth they must have bloody noticed the huge phuckin lizards roaming around in their garden.

Angelis is offline Banned
    Hey the way I think about it before I was born I dont remember anything except I wasnt in Pain and it was really peaceful so after I die it will be exactly the same thing so I dont worry about it... personally I dont believe in God or any other religious thing for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    I mean if adam and ever were the first two people and came into existance only a few days after teh creation of the earth they must have bloody noticed the huge phuckin lizards roaming around in their garden.
    Who says they didn't?

Plus the translations are necessary in order for the Gospel to be disclosed to more people. Without the translations it would cease to be shared.

Who says they didn't?

Plus the translations are necessary in order for the Gospel to be disclosed to more people. Without the translations it would cease to be shared.
    True, but with your argument it isnt the word of god being shared but a translation. An altered copy. Who has the right to translate gods word? Whos to say they have done it properly, would two people do it differently? Personally i think you cant take the bible seriously, anayway, whos to say the boble is teh right book. What about buddhists, hundus, muslims, Jews etc. And look at all teh hundreds of religions of the past. Isnt it a bit presumptuous to asumme that this one is the right one. And anyway, are you catholic or protestant, or perhaps you are christian, HenryVIII's church of england? Way too many variables. If the bible IS the word of god, why are there som any religions, and whay have there been evern more throughout time?
    Anyway thats just me personal feelings. I have catholic freinds, i have Jewish family. Whatever you believe is up to you. I just find it too hard to swallow personally.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Nothing, your brain stop existing. But if you cant comprehend that, then perhaps your stuck in a black room all by yourself for eternity. The only reason we have such a thing as a belief in god is because people couldnt comprehend the fact that when you die your brain stop existing, thus you cant produce any more thoughts.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    i always like this. Prove it.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Prove it?

There is proof. Its all over. You just have to open your eyes and see it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information