system admin is offline Owner

Can I get a heads up on the Hurricane situation?

Is IVAN the 3rd hurricane??????

Which one hit Fl before Frances?

I dont watch TV much and I have not heard much. Thanks!

Bc

Stephan is offline Associate Member
    yes ivan is the 3rd and Charley was before frances and we just got power back today from frances...How did u know i live in Florida do I have that in my profile?

Swellin Guest
    I am supposed to be down there right now, awaiting instructions for my marching orders. Instead, I am waiting at my house for the phone call. I have been in Jax doing some training for this thing, but it looks like they are going to need to evacualte everybody about the time the insurance companies get ready to go to work.
    It looks like Ivan could really be a monster!

V_Xsucks is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by system admin

Bc

Ivan 3rd

there is no confirmation if is going to pass by FL right now still far away but you can always check with the weather.com or www.nhc.noaa.gov the second webpage has some pictures Im in FTlauderdale and everything is calm down here.

V_Xsucks is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    I am supposed to be down there right now, awaiting instructions for my marching orders. Instead, I am waiting at my house for the phone call. I have been in Jax doing some training for this thing, but it looks like they are going to need to evacualte everybody about the time the insurance companies get ready to go to work.
    It looks like Ivan could really be a monster!
    Dont scare me but who do you work for.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member

Bc
    The update bro is we're fuked.... They have ordered the evacuation of the Florida Keys.

In the exposed Keys, all tourists and people in recreational vehicles and mobile homes were ordered to clear out for the third time in less than a month. Monroe County's 79,000 residents were urged to prepare to leave Friday on U.S. 1, a mostly two-lane road and bridge system linking the Miami area to Key West, the southernmost city in the continental United States.

With the 8 p.m. advisory, dangerous Hurricane Ivan continued its west-northwestward track toward Jamaica and the Cayman Islands, with sustained winds of 150 mph. Forecasters said Ivan could reach the Florida Keys as early as Sunday.

OG

system admin is offline Owner
    OMG

Good luck down there guys. Thanks for the news update.

bc

OMG

Good luck down there guys. Thanks for the news update.

bc

Thxs bro!! If Ivan doesnt slow down and or turn to the Gulf with 150mph + winds we're gonna need all the luck we can get! I went through Andrew and we all know the damage Andrew caused Ivan will make Andrew look like a sun shower.

OG

The tail end of Frances just hit here in Canada, I am at my country house 2 hours north west of montreal and it looks like i am not going anywhere for a few days... the road is completely washed out.

We had barely any winds, but it rained harder than I have ever seen for about 24 hrs non stop. The only road out of here is simply gone... it's now a 10ft trench.

The lake raised about 18 inches since this morning, and my neigbours country house is floating...

I know this is nothing compared to what florida had to deal with, but considering this is the tail end of the hurricane and it has had time to die down I am quite impressed by how big it still is. (Usually by the time we get the tail end of a hurricane, we may get 2-3 hours of mild rain out of it... not a freakin deluge!)

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    The tail end of Frances just hit here in Canada, I am at my country house 2 hours north west of montreal and it looks like i am not going anywhere for a few days... the road is completely washed out.

We had barely any winds, but it rained harder than I have ever seen for about 24 hrs non stop. The only road out of here is simply gone... it's now a 10ft trench.

The lake raised about 18 inches since this morning, and my neigbours country house is floating...

I know this is nothing compared to what florida had to deal with, but considering this is the tail end of the hurricane and it has had time to die down I am quite impressed by how big it still is. (Usually by the time we get the tail end of a hurricane, we may get 2-3 hours of mild rain out of it... not a freakin deluge!)

Red

Thats incredible bro! I hope u have enough food. Stay safe bro!

OG

mass junkie is offline banned
    I shoulda stayed my ass in texas

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by V_Xsucks
    Dont scare me but who do you work for.
    I'm an independant. This time, it looks like I will be helping State Farm.

When you work the various catastrophes, you figure out fairly quickly...which auto insurance companies are good and which ones are not. If you have State Farm...be very happy. I have worked for other companies that are not nearly as "customer oriented" as State Farm.

righton is offline Senior Member
    Actually it would be 4..Bonnie(a low 1), Charley, Frances(we were at Siesta for that one) and now....

Thread Information