Thread: Hit and run

biggun24 is offline Associate Member

Hit and run

I was charged with a hit and run last nite. I was cruzing along a small nieghborhood street when a black girl riding a scooter ran into the bed of my truck. i stop and got out asking if shes alright and she wont talk to me and starts cryin, she walks to i guess was her house just about 100 feet and sits there cryin, i ask again is she alright or what and nobody says anything, so i left. well later that nite im pulled over and given a ticket for hit and run. Im not sayin im not guilty for leaving the accident but ****, what about the kid in the road on an electric scooter? anyway, anybody have any idea on what this ticket is going to run me?? Any advice is appreciated.

S R H is offline Associate Member
    Little black girl??? Are you trying to say she blended in with the night or something? ARE U RACIST?!?!? jk ... that sux man. I dono but take it to court for sure, you gotta good chance on winning. Good luck bro

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    you have no chance of winning ticket. you left before cops came to file report = hit and run

S R H is offline Associate Member
    Um.... first off. SHE ran into HIM. 2nd He went up to try to see if she was ok multiple times and there was no response. In confusion and lack of anything else to do, he left the scene. I dono man but i think he has a chance.

all that little girl has to do is say you hit her and left the scene. she obviously did that because the cops got involved and so has her parents. If she is the only one to see you get out of car, your screwed. sorry bro! ( my dad is NYPD)

There was many of them that saw me get out of my truck. Im not sorry worried on tring to win becuase i did leave the scene. Any idea on the cost of all this?? I guess i could plead guilty for GOT hit and run.

for all of this meaning: lawyer fee, courtroom fee, ticket ect? or just ticket?

well if i can pay the ticket withought going to court ill do that. im not hiring a lawyer, so i guess just court fees and ticket fee.thanks man

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    were u stopped or somehting?? how did she run into the back of ur truck

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    She probably ran into the side of the box. Man I would guess you're screwed because she's a minor. Leaving the scene without finding a nearby adult or her parents is probably going to hoop you. If you are given a ticket who cares, if you're charged with a crime then that's something to be concerned about.

Quote Originally Posted by Khull_Khuum
    were u stopped or somehting?? how did she run into the back of ur truck

UnNaturalBuff is offline Member
    I got a hit and run for knickin a street sign, some asshole saw me and reported me.
    It's very serious, worse then a dui. And if she was injured that's even more serious=leaving the scene of an accident with an injured victim. The only more serious thing you can do then that is fleeing from an officer.

Good luck bro, but you ain't gonna get out of it, you did leave. How much trouble you get in will depend on your past convictions.

The cop just gave me a summons for a hit and run. i dont think that they booked it as a felony just the summons.

Thread Information