Thread: mp3 players

DoctaBig is offline Member

mp3 players

I'm looking to pick up a decent quality mp3 player for the gym/car hookup. I want something w/ good sound quality and decent storage (40gig is a little excessive). Anyone have any reccomendations...i plan on getting a used/refurbished one off ebay.....thanks bro's

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctaBig
    I'm looking to pick up a decent quality mp3 player for the gym/car hookup. I want something w/ good sound quality and decent storage (40gig is a little excessive). Anyone have any reccomendations...i plan on getting a used/refurbished one off ebay.....thanks bro's
    get the new mini ipods, they are trick but kinda expensive.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    The ipods are the best as far as my experiences go..I have bought two others in the past year-RCA Lyra and the Nike..Had probs with both..The ipod has been flawless and the sound quality seems to be a little better as well..Be prepared to pay some bones though, they're not cheap!!

Doc M

I know...i was looking at ipod last night. I figured that's what everyone would recommend; they are $$$...especially for a broke college kid like me .

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Go with the RIO KARMA. Good playlists. Easy file transfer plus it has reverse transfer. Good battery life and good price for its options. Very quick load time (instant) It has a docking station so you can plug into audio in port and listen to it through your home speakers or surround sound. Ebay sells them for around 200 dollars. Draw back is it is kinda squarish. Coming soon is the RIO CHROMA. It will have a color screen with 20 hrs battery, remote control for use when it is hooked up to your home stereo. File storage of any type. Basically a mini computer but plays music.

Or the Dell jukebox is alright.

Im not sure about the flash players. Kinda pricey when you can get a bigger storage.

S R H is offline Associate Member
    Stick with a pod dude... ebay it if ur low on cizzash

AnabolicAlien Guest

me

i got the arcos jukebox. has worked well for over a year for me and i abuse the hell out of it.

15 gigs.

A.A.

HollywoodM3 is offline Member
    I have the Nike 64 mg, works great for me, I like the arm band and it hold about 15 songs, which is good for me, you may want something more if you are driving in your car,
    at one point I got the 128mg nike one, with the lcd face, I thought it was nice, and it even came with a battery recharger, I thought it was great! UNTIL I went to the gym and couldn't even make it though one hour without changing the F**In battery, and come to find out when you charge them they last half the time,I couldn't stand half way though my workout having to change to battery every time just so everyone walking by me could see what song I was playing...

Anyway,
    I liked the 64mg for the arm band, I hate things hanging off my belt..

c_ville is offline Associate Member
    i have a dell jukebox and i like it.. its simple, nobody i know owns one and it has good battery life.

edit: you said you wanted a car adaptor.. if you get a dell jukebox, i dont reccomend the belkin car kit. subpar sound quality as well as ****tacular battery economy.
    Last edited by c_ville; 09-11-2004 at 02:47 PM.

skinnyhb is offline Member
    ive got the Rio Karma too. so far it has been quality and worth the money. only drawbacks have been that it freezes sometimes and that when uploading to my cmoputer from the player it always has errors during the process so i have to do it numerous times to get everyting backed up on my computer.

i'm tossing around the idea of getting a new palm instead (need one for my rotations)...one that plays mp3's, then just use that at the gym....then i could look like a huge dork while i type in all my weights/reps.....

anyone have experience with palm mp3 players?

Thread Information