Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    i figure the only way we can 'fall' is by a depression becuase i do not believe that we will be invaded or taken over by the germans

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    The thing about illegal immigrants that bothers me is that a bunch of lazy scumbags bitch about loosing thier jobs to illegals cause they want less.. Now.. if you were worth anything your employer would have kept you.. then again 99% of them don't speak english so how can possibly take any job that an american would take? I never seen an american working in a grocery store, or as a gardener or such.. its bull****.. it thier own fault they cant keep a job..

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    its is a fact (at least in my mind ) that the ONLY good things to ever come from fox were the simpsons, and family guy.

--------------------------

"common sense is an uncommon virtue" - I like that more than the one I put. It is much more eloquent.

I think that "Fair&Balanced" means FOX adds the counterweight to CNNs pinko version of events and circumstances. I think its all crap.

Hannity & Combs is a good show every so often. It is kind of funny how the ugly guy is the staunch liberal. And then there's Geraldo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k
    i figure the only way we can 'fall' is by a depression becuase i do not believe that we will be invaded or taken over by the germans

"zee" Germans.

Hey Hey You Can Bad Mouth Cnn But For God Sake Spare Geraldo!@#

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    The thing about illegal immigrants that bothers me is that a bunch of lazy scumbags bitch about loosing thier jobs to illegals cause they want less.. Now.. if you were worth anything your employer would have kept you.. then again 99% of them don't speak english so how can possibly take any job that an american would take? I never seen an american working in a grocery store, or as a gardener or such.. its bull****.. it thier own fault they cant keep a job..
    elliot thats so wrong. if i will work for 5.15/hr and youll work for $7/hr and not minimum wage, who would you hire?and with the illegals who do not have working papers they work for far less then that

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    its is a fact (at least in my mind ) that the ONLY good things to ever come from fox were the simpsons, and family guy.

--------------------------

"common sense is an uncommon virtue" - I like that more than the one I put. It is much more eloquent.
    Agreed! LOL

brian11 is offline Member
    The problem isnt only that they take the jobs, but that they work for less. Meaning that even when americans get jobs, they are forced to work for less. Immigrants arent stealing white collar jobs, its the jobs in construction, resturants, and other jobs like that.

ONLY good things to ever come from fox were the simpsons, family guy, and THE LITTLEST GROOM! and WHEN ANIMALS ATTACK!

elliot thats so wrong. if i will work for 5.15/hr and youll work for $7/hr and not minimum wage, who would you hire?and with the illegals who do not have working papers they work for far less then that

Okay.. i work in a hospital with over 4-500 people.. most of the clerical staff, of which im a part of, are a bunch of scumbags who dont do ****.. they're lazy as ****, the only reason that they get to keep thier job is that the union is very strong and BITCHES and moans about job security, put it like this there wasnt one person who was fired in over 9 years.. and these people DO NOT DO anything.. also 'illegal aliens' with working papers aren't 'illegal'..

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    You all know how to solve the problem of immigrants working for less? its so simple. congress passes a law that demands all employers pay immigrants the SAME wages they would pay americans. BOOM. no more immigrant labor taking over america

That's true in some cases. In Ohio for example, the coal and auto industry have been decimated, leaving thousands of unemployed state citizens. They are unable to feed their families because the migrants have taken all the low level jobs and saturated the siding and roofing trade. South-East Ohio is a disaster area, poverty like you would see in Indonesia or African nations.
    Now these Ohioans are leaving to find jobs elsewhere. This kills tax revenue and drops our population, amking us lose electoral votes and representatives. The registered migrants arent US or OH citizens, so they pay a fraction of the taxes that a person even in the lowest tax bracket would pay, yet they reap all the state benefits. In our state at least, many problems can be directly attributed to migrant workers. People here are pissed.

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    ONLY good things to ever come from fox were the simpsons, family guy, and THE LITTLEST GROOM! and WHEN ANIMALS ATTACK!
    LOL...

Okay.. i work in a hospital with over 4-500 people.. most of the clerical staff, of which im a part of, are a bunch of scumbags who dont do ****.. they're lazy as ****, the only reason that they get to keep thier job is that the union is very strong and BITCHES and moans about job security, put it like this there wasnt one person who was fired in over 9 years.. and these people DO NOT DO anything.. also 'illegal aliens' with working papers aren't 'illegal'..
    i think we are arguing same point.

Quote Originally Posted by brian11
    The problem isnt only that they take the jobs, but that they work for less. Meaning that even when americans get jobs, they are forced to work for less. Immigrants arent stealing white collar jobs, its the jobs in construction, resturants, and other jobs like that.

blue collar.. and your right, except this isnt as big of a problem as its made out to be.. my father has a consturction company in nyc out all places.. and being that he gets city/state/army contracts he cant hire someone with out papers and he has to pay the minmum wage for all his contractors which for a laborer is something like 48$ an hour including benifits.. **** if he was able to hire illegals we would be millioners.

You all know how to solve the problem of immigrants working for less? its so simple. congress passes a law that demands all employers pay immigrants the SAME wages they would pay americans. BOOM. no more immigrant labor taking over america

I've heard this before, and I like it. I just worry sometimes that we are begining to stifle free market economics.

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    That's true in some cases. In Ohio for example, the coal and auto industry have been decimated, leaving thousands of unemployed state citizens. They are unable to feed their families because the migrants have taken all the low level jobs and saturated the siding and roofing trade. South-East Ohio is a disaster area, poverty like you would see in Indonesia or African nations.
    Now these Ohioans are leaving to find jobs elsewhere. This kills tax revenue and drops our population, amking us lose electoral votes and representatives. The registered migrants arent US or OH citizens, so they pay a fraction of the taxes that a person even in the lowest tax bracket would pay, yet they reap all the state benefits. In our state at least, many problems can be directly attributed to migrant workers. People here are pissed.

We seem to have a miscommunication.. anyone with a ss# is a legal alien allowed to work.. may it me a b-2 visa, a pending green card etc.. if that is the case then its fair game.. these people arn't stealing jobs.. its a competative market.. if they arn't willing to work for that then that isnt the immigrants fought..

i thought we did have a federal minimum wage..?

fought..
    fault

well by law they have to pay at least minimum wage. -and that is a good law- seeing as so many americans are out of work they should be willing to work for minimum wage as opposed to nothing. if they arent, then they have no right to bitch about immigrants taking their jobs. laziness is the bane of this country.

so a question then; why is the minimum wage law not being enforced. its not the immigrants fault. they are just jumping on the opportunity to get some money.
    Last edited by symatech; 09-12-2004 at 09:52 PM.

i thought we did have a federal minimum wage..?
    yes, but not all people would pay americans minimum wage, but would pay immigrants. It wouldnt work though bc who is to say what they would have paid americans.

well by law they have to pay at least minimum wage. -and that is a good law- seeing as so many americans are out of work they should be willing to work for minimum wage as opposed to nothing. if they arent, then they have no right to bitch about immigrants taking their jobs. laziness is the bane of this country.

A FUC.KEN MEN thank you someone sees this my way..

mimimum wage and illegals arent as much as a problem as outsourcing is

yes, but not all people would pay americans minimum wage, but would pay immigrants. It wouldnt work though bc who is to say what they would have paid americans.

wait so your saying that they would pay minimum wage to a immigrant but not an american..? i dont get your logic behind this..

We seem to have a miscommunication.. anyone with a ss# is a legal alien allowed to work.. may it me a b-2 visa, a pending green card etc.. if that is the case then its fair game.. these people arn't stealing jobs.. its a competative market.. if they arn't willing to work for that then that isnt the immigrants fought..

No, they are registered to work, but they hurt the state anyway. They arent putting in what they recieve, unlike a state citzen paying full taxes.
    None of their money is reinvested in the state or national economy. The same can be said for Indians that come here, go to graduate school for free, then split back to India.

A FUC.KEN MEN thank you someone sees this my way..
    dont get me wrong, im not too worried about it bc the jobs i will be competing for arent the ones that these immigrants will be competing for. But tell me its not annoying to go through the drive thru and not be able to understand the focker on the other end.

me either!

mimimum wage and illegals arent as much as a problem as outsourcing is

VERY GOOD POINT.. every time i call citibank its some ****head from bombay asking me 23482083423812 questions before i can find out when my check clears..

VERY GOOD POINT.. every time i call citibank its some ****head from bombay asking me 23482083423812 questions before i can find out when my check clears..

In a free market, this is also fair game.

wait so your saying that they would pay minimum wage to a immigrant but not an american..? i dont get your logic behind this..
    a company might be willing to pay an american $7 to work there, but when given the opportunity to hire an immigrant for minimum wage, guess who gets the job. there couldnt be a law mandating that they pay the immigrant $7 bc there would be no way to say what the company would have paid the amierican. thats my logic.

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    No, they are registered to work, but they hurt the state anyway. They arent putting in what they recieve, unlike a state citzen paying full taxes.
    None of their money is reinvested in the state or national economy. The same can be said for Indians that come here, go to graduate school for free, then split back to India.

Very well. This isnt the immigrants fault being that they're here legaly and are doing what they were planning to do. They do pay taxes, same taxes as we do, i know cause i was in the same boat before.

dont get me wrong, im not too worried about it bc the jobs i will be competing for arent the ones that these immigrants will be competing for. But tell me its not annoying to go through the drive thru and not be able to understand the focker on the other end.
    well emplyers should have higher standards.. plus there so many people that dont have a job.. many of them natives to this country..

i dont go through drive throughts. not even on cheat days. fast food is for fugglies

they dont pay taxes if they are off the books

a company might be willing to pay an american $7 to work there, but when given the opportunity to hire an immigrant for minimum wage, guess who gets the job. there couldnt be a law mandating that they pay the immigrant $7 bc there would be no way to say what the company would have paid the amierican. thats my logic.

this is based on skill.. it happens everywhere. if your skillful enough to earn 7$ then god bless you but if your not then 5.15$ is all your going to get..

they dont pay taxes if they are off the books

we're talking about registered immigrants..

oh, well registered immigrants are as bad as illegal ones

agreed, illiegal immigrants shouldt be too much of an issue. if i was turned down from a job becuase an illegal imm. was working there for pennies all i have to do is pick up my phone, dial INS and go get a job the next day.

edit: just to add on; anybody who bitches about illegal immigrants taking jobs has either 1)never applied for a job, or 2)is too lazy to dial a phone number in which case they dont deserve a job anyways.
    Last edited by symatech; 09-12-2004 at 10:02 PM.

oh, well registered immigrants are as bad as illegal ones

how so..?

agreed, illiegal immigrants shouldt be too much of an issue. if i was turned down from a job becuase an illegal imm. was working there for pennies all i have to do is pick up my phone, dial INS and go get a job the next day.

yup, its simple as that..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information