Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion

Fall Of American Empire?

The Greek Empire & The Roman Empire both rose and fell. Im sure the people in the empire never thought that they would fall, just like us here in the good ol'e USA. Do you think that our empire one day will fall just like those did? or do you think it already has began as alot of countries hate us?

just curious...

rip

9/11/01

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    nothing lasts forever. I dont know if it will be in my lifetime but america will fall.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    America isnt an empire. When it is, we're already gone.

define an empire,

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    We are an empire.. it wont fall druing out generation but 200 years or so.. maybe les..

i dont think that any country would invade us and take us over (i hope not) but just curious how you think itll end

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    We are a new nation so it will be quite a while before it happens. The new name of our new country after the US falls will be called WAL-MART! Instead of money our economy will run on Wal-Mart coupons…

NO, we are NOT an empire. An empire is a group of countries under a single authority. Unless you consider Puerto Rico a country, which it isnt, we are not even getting close.

The UK was an Empire. Spain, Portugal, the Netherlands were all empires. America isnt and never has been an empire.

I think the american people will force revolution before we are invaded. the way things are going the fed government is increasing in power. when it gets too powerfull and the bill of rights is all but lost the gov will be overthrown. Doubt any of us will be alive when it happens but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    NO, we are NOT an empire. An empire is a group of countries under a single authority. Unless you consider Puerto Rico a country, which it isnt, we are not even getting close.

The UK was an Empire. Spain, Portugal, the Netherlands were all empires. America isnt and never has been an empire.

we are not an old definition of empire and not expanding or invading other countries, but i do feel that we are an empire. we control other countries ( with threating to send their economy into turmoil or depression) and we invade other countries and put our people or people that support our way of life in power. Im not saying im agaisnt our actions im just saying that i feel we are an empire

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    LOL, my dad and I were talking over the phone about this just this evening......he thinks America will meet its downfall when the national debt gets to the point where we can't afford to pay for things because the interest is too high....i.e social security, etc, and one day it will be discovered that the government is playing games with the value of the dollar, the dollar will then become void as the government no longer backs it, and thus we return to the barter system........

Plausible? I don't know, I didn't really think about it.......hes also a person who thinks that Mexico should be the 51st state so I don't put a ton of weight on anything he says lol.

But who knows........

Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k
    we are not an old definition of empire and not expanding or invading other countries, but i do feel that we are an empire. we control other countries ( with threating to send their economy into turmoil or depression) and we invade other countries and put our people or people that support our way of life in power. Im not saying im agaisnt our actions im just saying that i feel we are an empire

That still doesnt fit the mold that real empires like the Roman empire cast. Think Russia and the Eastern Bloc. Hell, Syria is a better candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    LOL, my dad and I were talking over the phone about this just this evening......he thinks America will meet its downfall when the national debt gets to the point where we can't afford to pay for things because the interest is too high....i.e social security, etc, and one day it will be discovered that the government is playing games with the value of the dollar, the dollar will then become void as the government no longer backs it, and thus we return to the barter system........

Plausible? I don't know, I didn't really think about it.......hes also a person who thinks that Mexico should be the 51st state so I don't put a ton of weight on anything he says lol.

But who knows........
    thats a very good point Legend, altougth the mexico thing is iffy

iraq, SA, afganista, the UK.. yeah we're an empire.. and it'll end by the crash of our economy..

But who knows........
    You mean Mexico is not a fifty –first state?

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    iraq, SA, afganista, the UK.. yeah we're an empire.. and it'll end by the crash of our economy..

Whatever man, in 10 years, they'll be doing whatever they want to, so long as it isnt attacking us or their neighbors. The UK? I don't have words for how ridiculous that is.

Our economy crashed once in the last 100 years and narrowly avoided a crash several other times. We still have a 3 branched gov't where people vote for their representation, we're still America.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Guy
    If it was it would make getting my gear alot easier over the border!!!!

Blair fallows everything US does.. Being that it is one of the strongest nations i would think he would have more balls then the french.. yeah saudia arabia.. 12 years and counting..

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Guy
    Thats his logic.....and in a sense, he is right......****ing liberals let anyone who doesn't like their country come over here and live off of us.

so true urban!!!

Blair fallows everything US does.. Being that it is one of the strongest nations i would think he would have more balls then the french.. yeah saudia arabia.. 12 years and counting..
    He'll get the boot. Maybe he agrees with us, or did. He's the Prime Minister, he makes decisions and the Parliment decides whether or not they agree with him. In the case of Iraq, they agreed at the time, as did our own legislature with GW. They face as much to lose from terrorism as do we, and as much to gain from destroying it or preventing it.

Saudi Arabia is the only questionable example. Much of the situation allows for mutual benefit. Whether or not the benefit reaches the common citizen of SA is a matter of their own system. I'll admit, it bothers me that we are such good friends with a country ruled by royalty, who is barely democratic even at face value. I'll give you half a point for that one.

Unlike the british we were driven by this extravegent up roar in patriotism.. you know fallow the leader.. blindly for that matter.. this is why it was approved.. no one wanted to be called a traitor.. or god forbid it got out that people thought that they weren't patriots...

Unlike the british we were driven by this extravegent up roar in patriotism.. you know fallow the leader.. blindly for that matter.. this is why it was approved.. no one wanted to be called a traitor.. or god forbid it got out that people thought that they weren't patriots...

Iraq wasnt about patriotism, it was about the false beliefe that we all had that Iraq possesed and was posed to use and distribut WMD. Our intelligence community and executive branch ****ed that one up real bad. If anyone can make an argument of why Afganistan was a bad idea, I'd be interested to hear it, and then tear it to pieces.

Engalnd went along because they have similar interests as we, and they also were force fed the same bad info by their leaders.
    Last edited by inheritmylife; 09-12-2004 at 09:19 PM.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    in five years we will fall into a civil war, and destroy ourselves. russia will launch nukes at the goverment.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    in five years we will fall into a civil war, and destroy ourselves. russia will launch nukes at the goverment.

....the machines will begin to learn at a geometric rate, on sept 11, 2007 they will become self aware.

Iraq wasnt about patriotism, it was about the false beliefe that we all had that Iraq possesed and was posed to use and distribut WMD. Our intelligence community and executive branch ****ed that one up real bad. If anyone can make an argument of why Afganistan wasnt a bad idea, I'd be interested to hear it, and then tear it to pieces.

Engalnd went along because they have similar interests as we, and they also were force fed the same bad info by their leaders.

afganistan i understand.. if i was to be called into service for afganistan.. **** give me m16 and im out there.. but iraq was total bull****.. and it partially was based on patriotism.. people were fed information.. which they did not question.. silly idea when you really think about it.. everyone went against us.. the british fallowed.. blindly..

....the machines will begin to learn at a geometric rate, on sept 11, 2007 they will become self aware.

hillarious!!!!

i was talking about John Titor~

Iraq wasnt about patriotism, it was about the false beliefe that we all had that Iraq possesed and was posed to use and distribut WMD. Our intelligence community and executive branch ****ed that one up real bad. If anyone can make an argument of why Afganistan was a bad idea, I'd be interested to hear it, and then tear it to pieces.

not everybody. i never thought they did or cared if they did have them. My beef with Bush attacking Iraq was that he lost sight of the objective. Osama orchestrated the murder of thousands of americans not sadam and not iraq. Why did we abandon osama for somebody not capable of harming us. my grandpappy used to say, 'i dont know why its called common sense its so **** uncommon/' i seriously dont want to get into a political debate but had to drop my two cents.

they say we'll have osama soon. i hope so. Hope they find him hiding in a hole so as to eliminate the massive martyr bull**** which will undoubtedly be placed on him if he is killed in battle.

afganistan i understand.. if i was to be called into service for afganistan.. **** give me m16 and im out there.. but iraq was total bull****.. and it partially was based on patriotism.. people were fed information.. which they did not question.. silly idea when you really think about it.. everyone went against us.. the british fallowed.. blindly..

I agree. In retrospect, with the lies, falsehoods, and all, I still think that we are better off with a democratic Iraq. It shouldnt have been in the top 3 on the priority list however. Apparently, we had them contained pretty effectively. The world didnt really go against us, they went against our timetable, our insistence upon leading the charge, against giving the inspections more time. They would have jumped on board sooner or later, they had the same bad, doctored up intelligence.

Hey but if it was Gore in the white house Fox News would have a Counter which says

Osama at Large day xxx..

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    not everybody. i never thought they did or cared if they did have them. My beef with Bush attacking Iraq was that he lost sight of the objective. Osama orchestrated the murder of thousands of americans not sadam and not iraq. Why did we abandon osama for somebody not capable of harming us. my grandpappy used to say, 'i dont know why its called common sense its so **** uncommon/' i seriously dont want to get into a political debate but had to drop my two cents.

they say we'll have osama soon. i hope so. Hope they find him hiding in a hole so as to eliminate the massive martyr bull**** which will undoubtedly be placed on him if he is killed in battle.
    its my beliefe that he did that because he couldnt catch osama, with all the forces with put in afganistan. it was about failure, the failure to capture osama, he needed something else to show to the us public. and that was his next option.

Quote Originally Posted by symatech

Again, I agree. It shouldnt have even been in the top 3 on the priority list.

"Common sense is an uncommon virtue." I think that's how it goes.

Hey but if it was Gore in the white house Fox News would have a Counter which says

Osama at Large day xxx..
    its is a fact (at least in my mind ) that the ONLY good things to ever come from fox were the simpsons, and family guy.

--------------------------

"common sense is an uncommon virtue" - I like that more than the one I put. It is much more eloquent.

I agree. In retrospect, with the lies, falsehoods, and all, I still think that we are better off with a democratic Iraq. It shouldnt have been in the top 3 on the priority list however. Apparently, we had them contained pretty effectively. The world didnt really go against us, they went against our timetable, our insistence upon leading the charge, against giving the inspections more time. They would have jumped on board sooner or later, they had the same bad, doctored up intelligence.

agree. But then when the inspections would have found nothing Bush would have no reason to go in there. However to keep up with the fallow the leader game, no one ask's about the WMD's anymore beside thoes pesky Liberals, no one talks about the torture saddam inflicted apon his own countrymen after the jail scandal.. so what are we there for...? To take care of the biggest threat on the map.. what did it take 3 weeks? This all happend when that loon in south korea is sipping his green tea..

Thats his logic.....and in a sense, he is right......****ing liberals let anyone who doesn't like their country come over here and live off of us.
    I do not think the immigration problem is not a liberal vs. conservative issue. If anything, Bush wanted to give amnesty to a bunch of illegal aliens and invite more to come over here to be day laborers ( http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,107692,00.html ) http://www.washingtontimes.com/natio...0211-3587r.htm . In fact, the conservative base has been pandering to Latinos for sometime now because they know that they are the fastest growing population in the nation and in the near future they will equal political power.

brian11 is offline Member
    There are similarities with he US and Rome in that they thought they were invincible and atop the world just like we do. However, I don't think we will "fall" until every other country does. In other words, when the world ends, that is when its over for us.

Osama at Large day xxx..

And CNN would CGI a halo over his head.

And CNN would CGI a halo over his head.

can't deny that..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information