Thread: Great AAS books

Proximal is offline Banned

Great AAS books

A few that I read recently and appreciated the frank/honest discussion about AAS usage.

1. "The Secret Race" written by Tyler Hamilton: Hamilton rode with and was Lance Armstrong's teammate. Open discussion about AAS usage in cycling.

2. "Speed Trap" written by Charlie Francis. For those of you that remember the sprinter from Canada, Ben Johnson. He shattered the 100 meter world record, beating Carl Lewis in the Seoul Olympics in 1988, but then lost the medal & record due to AAS usage. Francis was the coach. In the book, he specifically covers what athletes used, tried, what worked, what didn't, dosages, etc. Also a nice glimpse into how common & absolutely necessary AAS usage was, just to stay competitive. Turns out Ben got busted for a drug they didn't use and that there were unauthorized people in the urine testing area after the race, including a companion of Carl Lewis, hmmm.

3. This one is very tough to get your hands on, "The Practical Use of Anabolic Steroids with Athletes" written by Robert Kerr M.D. Have been looking for a copy for months, jumped on a used copy that finally popped up on Amazon for $100. Written in 1982. Dr Kerr prescribed steroids to thousands of athletes for 16 years. He gives specific protocols, stacks, observations/results. He has chapters of his prescribed usage & doses for Anadrol , Anavar , Deca -Durabolin , Dianabol , Testosterone & others.

Just thought a few of you might be interested. As a novice, #3 was more "eye-opening" to me, but I'm guessing it won't to the veterans as much.
    Last edited by Proximal; 01-03-2017 at 10:57 AM.

Thread Information