BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

How do you know if you're ugly, hot or somewhere in between?

I used to have credible theories for assessing this, but I think they're shot. My most credible was the "significant other corollary theory" in which one could judge their own relative attractiveness based on the attractiveness of their S.O. according to objective opinions. The flaw in this theory, however, is it holds little water in the "real world" as factors such as income, job security, job choice, etc etc come to play a significant role in the process. Though I maintain it is a valid theory while in college.

HotorNot, et al are terribly inflated, as everyone not heinous gets at least an 8 as I understand it.

So, i got curious today as to whether I'm nasty or not....my eyes, nose and mouth check out where they're supposed to be, but anyone have a theory as to how i can check the whole package?

khurrams is offline Associate Member
    r u in law school???

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    its all you bro. If you start judging yourself based on what others think you've already lost. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Looks are based on opinion always. Who cares what other people think of you? decide for yourself how you want to feel, and go with that. fvuck everyone else, they arent living your life and never will.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    nobody with a brain like yours is ever really "nasty".....

boy you gotta have female friends no? Ask them, they'll be honest.....i always am with my boyz

For me its usually the attention I get which makes me feel where I stand...

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    BG, just get on top of that long overdue haircut...then you could be on your way

TooSmall is offline Associate Member
    if you get pussy thrown at you your above average

if you dont have a problem getting laid and dont break mirrors when you brush your teeth your average

if the last pussy you saw was the one you came out of your ugly

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I have a nice ass, i hear it all the time.

As for looks idunno, ask mass and juggy, they have seen me.

allsaucedup is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palme
    I have a nice ass, i hear it all the time.

As for looks idunno, ask mass and juggy, they have seen me.
    i hear mass and juggy see alot of your ass

Quote Originally Posted by allsaucedup
    i hear mass and juggy see alot of your ass
    They get enough ass from eachother.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Actually, look around at your friends. The people you regularly interract with--the ones you make no effort to attract--is one of the most obvious signs of your basic looks and gereral attractiveness (including personality).

Are you regularly seen with a below average crowd or an above average crowd? Again, I'm not talking about the crowd you hang with once in a great while, I'm talking about your core group of friends. Your friends tend to be tiny reflections of you. This method is also a reasonably good measure of intelligence and interpersonal skills too.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 09-14-2004 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kc
    nobody with a brain like yours is ever really "nasty".....

boy you gotta have female friends no? Ask them, they'll be honest.....i always am with my boyz
    All of my friends are female save for two or three, and who knows if they're being honest. I *will* get to the bottom of this though.

Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    Actually, look around at your friends. The people you regularly interract with--the ones you make no effort to attract--is one of the most obvious signs of your basic looks and gereral attractiveness (including personality).

Are you regularly seen with a below average crowd or an above average crowd? Again, I'm not talking about the crowd you hang with once in a great while, I'm talking about your core group of friends. Your friends tend to be tiny reflections of yourself. This method is also is a reasonably good measure of intelligence and interpersonal skills too.
    Crap, I'm screwed.

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    You're def right about the outside factors. My friend that pulls the most ass is average-sized, bald, wears glasses, bad underbite but leave him alone with ANY girl for twenty minutes and she'll do anything he wants. I don't get it.

Relative attractiveness is somewhat objective, but look at who gets the most consensus. A balance of simple features with maybe one or two that are striking seems to be the common demoninator. Make the nose slightly bigger, chin slightly longer, hair slightly thinner, eyes slightly narrower, etc. and it makes all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    All of my friends are female save for two or three, and who knows if they're being honest. I *will* get to the bottom of this though.
    Then, BigGreen, perhaps you're a latent homosexual. Not too many guys are able to have many female friends that are close without destroying the friendhsip with sex.

Seriously now... still, look at your friends. Are your girlfriends goodlooking, entertaining, fun, intelligent? Check out how they interact with other people who are not in your group, and it's likely that you interact similarly with outsiders.

If you have a large amount of close girlfriends, then there's obviously a large part of you that is able to share feelings well and to communicate. Based on the way you've interacted on the message boards, you do like to open up and chat, which is a great characteristic for a guy--not too many have that ability unless it's coated with games-playing or immaturity.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 09-14-2004 at 04:32 PM.

Then, BigGreen, perhaps you're a latent homosexual. Not too many guys are able to have many female friends that are close without destroying the friendhsip with sex.

Seriously now... still, look at your friends. Are your girlfriends goodlooking, entertaining, fun, intelligent? Check out how they interact with other people who are not in your group, and it's likely that you interact similarly with outsiders.

If you have a large amount of close girlfriends, then there's obviously a large part of you that is able to share feelings well and to communicate. Based on the way you've interacted on the message boards, you do like to open up and chat, which is a great characteristic for a guy--not too many have that ability unless it's coated with games-playing or immaturity.

Agreed

My three best friends in the world are female and i've slept with two of them. The third is so much like a sister to me that I can't imagine we would ever cross that line.

Okay, *now* things are looking up. I consider a lot of my guy friends fairly average or below, but a good chunk of my female friends are tough to be around because of the attention they attract.

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    BG, just get on top of that long overdue haircut...then you could be on your way
    Listen Steinbrenner, I'll keep the hair as long as I deem necessary.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Don't do the HotorNot, they told me i was 9.8......even my mama knows it ain't right

When did you get your phd?

You mean my girlfriend is a reflection of myself? I thought we chosed opposits(sp), if you are very open your girl/guy will be slightly quiet etc.
    And dosent this forum bs mean we are all unsocial bastards that never leave our homes?

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    When did you get your phd?

You mean my girlfriend is a reflection of myself? I thought we chosed opposits(sp), if you are very open your girl/guy will be slightly quiet etc.
    And dosent this forum bs mean we are all unsocial bastards that never leave our homes?
    If you read my original post, I mentioned that it is not your romantic interests, but your casual friends that are the mirrors of you: "The people you regularly interact with--the ones you make no effort to attract--is one of the most obvious signs of your basic looks and gereral attractiveness (including personality)."

BG's "girlfirends" we mentioned was a reference to his current friends that are female--not romantic interests anymore (some are ex's).

Romantic interests are not necessarily your opposites. More often than not they are young versions of one of your parent figures that most influenced you (either one of your parents or someone who raised you--a live in nanny, a grandmother, a nearby family's matriarch or patriarch where you spent most of your time, escaping your real family).

TexasFitnessGirl is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    Don't do the HotorNot, they told me i was 9.8......even my mama knows it ain't right
    I suck, they told me I was an 8.8?

If you read my original post, I mentioned that it is not your romantic interests, but your casual friends that are the mirrors of you: "The people you regularly interact with--the ones you make no effort to attract--is one of the most obvious signs of your basic looks and gereral attractiveness (including personality)."

BG's "girlfirends" we mentioned was a reference to his current friends that are female--not romantic interests anymore (some are ex's).

Romantic interests are not necessarily your opposites. More often than not they are young versions of one of your parent figures that most influenced you (either one of your parents or someone who raised you--a live in nanny, a grandmother, a nearby family's matriarch or patriarch where you spent most of your time, escaping your real family).
    I love an intelligent man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    That's exactly the thought that entered my mind when I read that too. If BASK8KACE's theory holds, hopefully I'm the black sheep of the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Crap, I'm screwed.

Kid Shred is offline Member
    It doesn't matter how hot, average , or nasty a guy is,........as soon as you get a serious commitment, an uncommon phenomenon occurs when "not all but more than usual" women start payin' a lil' more attention. Kinda sucks,well,.....maybe not.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    not bragging at all here. i know im attractive because, my senior yr of hs i was asked out by 3 girls on the first day. a year ago i was approached at a upscale bar/lounge to model undewear for 30 women bachlorette party. ive been told i should model. i was picked for a Fox reality show last May but didnt have the $ to travel. so id say im decent. ok im off my ego trip..

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TooSmall
    if you get pussy thrown at you your above average

if you dont have a problem getting laid and dont break mirrors when you brush your teeth your average

if the last pussy you saw was the one you came out of your ugly
    Best breakdown yet!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by TexasFitnessGirl
    I love an intelligent man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey, TexasFitness(fine)Girl! There are a couple of things I love about you I could list but we're in polite company, right?

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey, TexasFitness(fine)Girl! There are a couple of thing I love about you I could list but we're in polite company, right?

Who the Hell are you calling polite?

Hey, TexasFitness(fine)Girl! There are a couple of things I love about you I could list but we're in polite company, right?
    We are???? I mean, yes we are.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasFitnessGirl
    We are???? I mean, yes we are.
    Lmao!

Bask8kase your saying were date our own mothers? Your sick!!!!!!

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Actually, beauty in nature (humans included) is based on symmetry. If you want to know where you stand facially, use the mask created by Dr. Stephen Marquardt using Da Vinci's golden ration 1 : 1.6183... You'll have to take a picture of yourself on a digital camera, download a copy of the mask, and superimpose it on your face shot.

http://tlc.discovery.com/convergence...cles/mask.html

The ratio is found virtually everwhere in creation from a seashells rings to the shape of galaxies. Pretty friggin cool.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I can't really help you with this BigGreen. Seeing how I've always been bleassed with manly good looks it's hard to relate to the thoughts of uglier folks, such as yourself....and Mart, and the cross you must bare. If I base my status with Bask8's theroy I'm surely one hell of a good looking man. All my male friends are above average except for Jeffery....though lacking in dashing good looks and body, his charm and smooth talking net him more play then my single friends...and he's married! As for my female friends....their all attractive women...ranging in age from 26 to 45. And to top it off my very best friend of this group is a hottie big time (Yes, it's a woman....if you're reading this Mart....Mo).

Dumbass, I've seen your pictures....you're an above average looking kind of guy......when you cut that hair......clean your nails......shave your back......pluck that unibrow.........trim the nose hairs..........Call one of those extreme makeover programs and you're set! hahahahahahahaha

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member

nice post bro, i have to agree with this...

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    oh yeah and big green, you think too much about stupid **** bro... i cant say much i do it too but yeah, we think about this silly **** too much.. thing happen for a reason bro! you'll know it when it comes around

Quote Originally Posted by Juggy'sTwat
    I can't really help you with this BigGreen. Seeing how I've always been bleassed with manly good looks it's hard to relate to the thoughts of uglier folks, such as yourself....and Mart, and the cross you must bare. If I base my status with Bask8's theroy I'm surely one hell of a good looking man. All my male friends are above average except for Jeffery....though lacking in dashing good looks and body, his charm and smooth talking net him more play then my single friends...and he's married! As for my female friends....their all attractive women...ranging in age from 26 to 45. And to top it off my very best friend of this group is a hottie big time (Yes, it's a woman....if you're reading this Mart....Mo).

Dumbass, I've seen your pictures....you're an above average looking kind of guy......when you cut that hair......clean your nails......shave your back......pluck that unibrow.........trim the nose hairs..........Call one of those extreme makeover programs and you're set! hahahahahahahaha

Thread Information