m16a2 is offline Senior Member

Life Choice Frozen Meals

Has anyone else seen these in the grocery stores? Around 12 carbs and 35-45 grams of protein each. Calories ranging from 280-360

I have been eating these for a few months now and I have to say that these are definitely the best meals for us college bros who need a meal on the run.

The only downside is that they are expensive.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    That was the best post Ive read all week untill the last line. And Im goin to walmart in a bit. D@MMIT.

qccat is offline Associate Member
    good lookin out!

Always trying to contribute info when I can! Good eating. I recommend the chicken pamasan or the alfredo chicken (45g protein).

MMMMMMM....

samoth is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by m16a2
    the best meals for us college bros
    tuna
    microwave rice
    microwave chicken
    cheese
    nuts (various)
    healthy cereal
    random meat products
    milk
    protein powder

That's the basis of my school diet

Sounds good Samoth.

But here are some thoughts...

tuna - good for you, but you'll get sick of it fast.
    rice - high in carbs
    chicken - try buying the frozen chicken breasts and defrosting. then throw it in a ziplock with some marinate over night. throw it in the open for 25 minutes @ 400F. You'll thank me the next day.
    cheese - easy bro...low carbs, but high in fat/sat fat
    nuts - careful which nuts you indulge in. usually peanuts are pretty good, but personally peanut butter has 3-4 carbs and the rest is monounsaturated fats and protein. Not bad, and beats eating a bunch of peanuts for me
    healthy cereal - kashi go-lean looked good. but all in all, cereal just didn't workout for me inthe end due to lactose issues
    milk - lactose issues, and also lactose buildup will get you sore faster (my experience and the upset stomach too)
    protein powder - I use this morning and PWO along with an insulin spike. Good stuff, but use moderately. You want the majority of your protein from food and powder to supplement that ultimate goal.

You can make any diet work, but these are just some ideas

mustang331 is offline Member
    Yae but they got mad salt in em

like tuna and nuts don't? There isn't that much salt to raise any concern unless you are strictly limiting your salt intake.

samoth is offline Member
    Sounds good Samoth.

But here are some thoughts...

tuna - good for you, but you'll get sick of it fast.
    rice - high in carbs
    chicken - try buying the frozen chicken breasts and defrosting. then throw it in a ziplock with some marinate over night. throw it in the open for 25 minutes @ 400F. You'll thank me the next day.
    cheese - easy bro...low carbs, but high in fat/sat fat
    nuts - careful which nuts you indulge in. usually peanuts are pretty good, but personally peanut butter has 3-4 carbs and the rest is monounsaturated fats and protein. Not bad, and beats eating a bunch of peanuts for me
    healthy cereal - kashi go-lean looked good. but all in all, cereal just didn't workout for me inthe end due to lactose issues
    milk - lactose issues, and also lactose buildup will get you sore faster (my experience and the upset stomach too)
    protein powder - I use this morning and PWO along with an insulin spike. Good stuff, but use moderately. You want the majority of your protein from food and powder to supplement that ultimate goal.

You can make any diet work, but these are just some ideas
    LOL. I'm a powerlifter, and no longer competing, so I'm not THAT picky with my diet.
    I never get sick of tuna.
    I like carbs - I can't think well on low carbs, and that's bad for physics majors.
    Oven? LOL, if I had an oven or stove, I could make real food!
    Lactose buildup from 2-3 glasses of milk with protein powder? Never been an issue with me. And lactose from dry cereal? I don't put milk on cereal, never have.

Good input though! Thanks!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    like tuna and nuts don't? There isn't that much salt to raise any concern unless you are strictly limiting your salt intake.
    Salt in tuna?

I know they live in saltwater but comon...

I doubt the frozen dinners are good for you, id rather eat my tuna and parboiled rice.

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    Salt in tuna?

I know they live in saltwater but comon...

I doubt the frozen dinners are good for you, id rather eat my tuna and parboiled rice.

**** palme, i hate to disagree with a bro who has been around longer than me and who lives in a place with far finer women... but these meals are terrific. Dunno if you have availability to them, but if you do.... trust me, i'm the largest advocate of fresh food over frozen meals. But these are truely worth the 3.99.

samoth is offline Member
    You don't always have the option of fresh food in college... lol... so good thread! I don't eat frozen food meals personally... but the macronutrient breakdown on the first post looked great... something I'd actually try.

Thread Information