co2boi is offline Anabolic Member

A moral dilemma...what to do, what to do...

Fate is tempting me in a monetary way. Over the past 3 weeks we've received 2 checks in the mail that don't belong to us. One is some type of refund check for $477.63 for the guy that used to own our house and the other is someones paycheck for about $354.00 that was mailed to our address for some reason.

I know I would be taking a risk, but **** at the food and supps I could buy with that money. I was thinking about giving the people time to call and complain that they never received the checks, get new ones, and then I could take the old ones to a check cashing place and let them have 10%...Thoughts?

allsaucedup is offline Member
    have you ever heard of karma return the things or tear them up man nothing but truouble can come of this

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    not worth the risk in my opinion..

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Have you ever heard of check deception and theft? That is a terrible idea..Nevermind you are keeping someones hard earned money from them, but you are flat out stealing..You'll get caught one way or another..Either on tape, or if you have to show identification, which you probably will to out and out cash the check..It's not worth all of the potential problems, having a possible felony conviction, and just doing the wrong thing..I'd rethink your idea..

Doc M

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Pennies when considering the world of crap you can get into. I hope you are just kidding or bored. I sure hope you don't decide to open a lab one day as your stuff will surely be under dosed

samoth is offline Member
    Do unto others...

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Not worth it...

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    I'd have to vote with the crowd.....not worth the pay off
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member
    get yourself a sack my friend that is $800 plus you just made sitting on your ass. **** i wish someone would pay me that to sit on my ass. And that Karma comment, you must have done somthing good in the past and god i rewarding you for it by giving you these cheecks, if you don't want them send them my way

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    You know what to do because you posted this thread, you know it's wrong and it has consequences. Follow your conscience.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    i agree with the consensus. theives are low lives, no respect, no honor. is that the kind of person you are?

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    That is Fraud bro, and i wouldn't do it...where i worked at one point they accidently printed my 2 pay checks and i returned one of them, the Karma was returned to me by them giving me a very good refferance next time i ned one for employment purposes...so don't sell your self short Bro and DO NOT do it...your pride and integrity has to be worth more the $700.00...XXL

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I have more and more started to belive in karma, ive done alot of **** in my youth and belive i get it back now.

I would send them to the right owner, it will make you feel good too.

khurrams is offline Associate Member
    You know wat bro.....The amount on those checks are not worth it...if u'r willing to take a risk go for the millions so atleast it would be worth it...$831.63 is definitely not worth the risk plus it is tracable and the courts will not have a hard time convicting you beyond a reasonable doubt since there was intent plus a corrupt moral.....If I were u Id pull an "Ocean's Eleven" if u'r in dire need of cash......my .02 cents....

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    You get caught with check fraud and youre not going to minimum security resort prison, no no. Youre going to federal pound me in the @ss prison.

durkheim is offline Junior Member
    Why is this such a hard decision for you?

The money is not yours.

Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member
    Exactly what EVERYONE ELSE has said......... The money IS NOT yours, and for what little amount you are willing to basically steal is not worth the return you are GOING ti get in the future. You MAY NOT get caught, but it will catch up with you one way or another. IMO, BAD IDEA.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Follow the golden rule... Do onto other as you would have them do unto you.

Ok, ok...I guess I really already knew the answer to this. But just some thoughts.

1. I didn't consider it stealing because I was going to hold on to them long enough for the respective parties to get replacements.

2. I can't send them to the owners because I don't know the owners. They were both mailed to my house for whatever reason. Computer error, old data, or what have you.

3. Individually, neither check is a felony, only together I believe.

Anyway, no biggie. If I had the balls or the intent to cash them they wouldn't be laying around collecting dust. Thanks for the guidance my guys and gals.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by co2boi
    Ok, ok...I guess I really already knew the answer to this. But just some thoughts.

1. I didn't consider it stealing because I was going to hold on to them long enough for the respective parties to get replacements.

2. I can't send them to the owners because I don't know the owners. They were both mailed to my house for whatever reason. Computer error, old data, or what have you.

3. Individually, neither check is a felony, only together I believe.

Anyway, no biggie. If I had the balls or the intent to cash them they wouldn't be laying around collecting dust. Thanks for the guidance my guys and gals.
    #1 In that case you wouldn’t be steeling from the person who wrote the check or who the check was written too, just the poor bastard that cashes it for you. I had a couple of checks stolen from me. The stupid bastard paid his car payment with one of them. I got my money back so did my bank, however the car lot is out that amount.

#2 Either way Felony or Misdemeanor, It is like I have heard, never ever do anything that you would not want to be printed on the front page of your home town newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    #1 In that case you wouldn’t be steeling from the person who wrote the check or who the check was written too, just the poor bastard that cashes it for you. I had a couple of checks stolen from me. The stupid bastard paid his car payment with one of them. I got my money back so did my bank, however the car lot is out that amount.

#2 Either way Felony or Misdemeanor, It is like I have heard, never ever do anything that you would not want to be printed on the front page of your home town newspaper.
    True, true....good points bro.

decadbal is offline Banned
    its a felony, bc youd have to sign it, which becomes fraud.... as for that, most check cashin places have tape.. so i doubt youd get away with it, plus its stealing, be anything in life u want cept a thief, those ppl are garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    its a felony, bc youd have to sign it, which becomes fraud.... as for that, most check cashin places have tape.. so i doubt youd get away with it, plus its stealing, be anything in life u want cept a thief, those ppl are garbage
    This is also true. Crimes and **** aside, I wouldn't want someone to do it to me, so I gotta play fair. It's really not worth it. Now if it would afford me a new home on another continent, I would be all over it like a Pan-Am pilot

Thread Information