mustang331 is offline Member

THIS SUCKS GUYS!! NEED ADVICE ( hurt myself at the worst time )

So I did 20 rep squats Sunday, like I normally do.. Well yesterday I went to the gym and it was back day, Well I did some Straight leg dead lifts, and by the third set I couldn't move.. In any sense I went light the rest of the workout, super light. Today I can't bend down! My lower back IS KILLING ME!!

The thing that sucks Is I am supposed to start my first cycle this Mon..

I am also going to Islands of Adventure ( orlando ) this weekend. Its only Wed, and don't know what to do?

The rest of my week for working out, is Chest/tri, sholders,

What should I do???

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang331
    So I did 20 rep squats Sunday, like I normally do.. Well yesterday I went to the gym and it was back day, Well I did some Straight leg dead lifts, and by the third set I couldn't move.. In any sense I went light the rest of the workout, super light. Today I can't bend down! My lower back IS KILLING ME!!

The thing that sucks Is I am supposed to start my first cycle this Mon..

I am also going to Islands of Adventure ( orlando ) this weekend. Its only Wed, and don't know what to do?

The rest of my week for working out, is Chest/tri, sholders,

What should I do???

Rest bro. Ur body is telling u something....

OG

Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    Rest bro. Ur body is telling u something....

OG

Ya think I should take the rest of the week off???

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Ya think I should take the rest of the week off???

Sure bro, specially if ur going away this weekend. Plus, most of the rides at Islands of Adventure jerk u around an ****. So IMHO it would be best to rest ur back the rest of the week.

OG

Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    Sure bro, specially if ur going away this weekend. Plus, most of the rides at Islands of Adventure jerk u around an ****. So IMHO it would be best to rest ur back the rest of the week.

OG

Yea good IDea.. Have not taken much time off in almost 3 months!
    Might be good to rest..

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I ruptured a disc in my lower back several months back, just now getting back in the gym.

After experiencing that I have a new understanding of what real pain is!

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    I ruptured a disc in my lower back several months back, just now getting back in the gym.

After experiencing that I have a new understanding of what real pain is!
    i ruptured mine betweeen the shoulder blades and it took forever to get back into things, but i worked at u.p.s. at the time also so that didnt help much. but yeah rest like a mofo. get extra sleep and if you must go see a doc

Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    i ruptured mine betweeen the shoulder blades and it took forever to get back into things, but i worked at u.p.s. at the time also so that didnt help much. but yeah rest like a mofo. get extra sleep and if you must go see a doc

I would go to the doc, but my insurance ran out, and does not start till the first.. My sister has some vicodin's Which I might take for two days. I am scared of them because if it numbs my pain I wont be that dareful with it.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Stop lifting! I've cronic back pain which flares up now and then so I know all about it. I place ice on mine when it gets real bad and pop a couple of Advils for the pain and let it heal. If I were you I would see a doc when I could just to get some film to see what's the cause. Not much the doctors can do in most cases but it sure doesn't hurt to find out. They might even get you to do some streches to help the back out some.

PS...take the pain killers and see if you can get a couple of muscle relaxers....just stay the hell out of the gym and don't do any lifting of any type.....you take those pills, get to feeling good and go and do something stupid your back will pay you back big time for it. Rest.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    It's hard to deal with an injury when you are addicted to iron....but you have to rest and let yourself heal or you are just going to keep aggrevating it. Better to take a week or so off...start back easy than to keep pushing it, make it worse and end up out of the gym for 6 months (I speak from experience).
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Yea well I guess I should postpone my first cycle date then huh? Maybe a week from this mon. instead of this mon.

Oh well, This sucks but I guess it will be cool to relax for once and chill.. My back is in so much pain. I hope its minor.. How long till it goes away you guys think?

Well postponing the cycle will be the best.......you'll only short yourself in the long run if you do. You want to be able to lift heavy when on cycle and that isn't going to happen with your back in the condition it's in.

Depends...could be better in a few days, a week or two or even a month. Just depends on how well your body can heal its self. Just take it one day at a time and don't rush to get back to lifting. It's not going to set you back that much to wait.

decadbal is offline Banned
    just rest it up for a bit before cycle then go baby go

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yea well I guess I should postpone my first cycle date then huh? Maybe a week from this mon. instead of this mon.

Oh well, This sucks but I guess it will be cool to relax for once and chill.. My back is in so much pain. I hope its minor.. How long till it goes away you guys think?
    Depends on what you did,
    Just taking it easy mine hurt like hell for a week before I went to the Doc. It took over a month before I was walking straight.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    I would go to the doc, but my insurance ran out, and does not start till the first.. My sister has some vicodin's Which I might take for two days. I am scared of them because if it numbs my pain I wont be that dareful with it.
    well you have an injury so be smart about it bro.. it takes time big guy

Quote Originally Posted by Juggy'sTwat
    Well postponing the cycle will be the best.......you'll only short yourself in the long run if you do. You want to be able to lift heavy when on cycle and that isn't going to happen with your back in the condition it's in.

Depends...could be better in a few days, a week or two or even a month. Just depends on how well your body can heal its self. Just take it one day at a time and don't rush to get back to lifting. It's not going to set you back that much to wait.

I feel stupid! I knew I messed up doing 20 rep squats, I was kinda rushing it. But thought to just go and do back ( out of all things ) yesterday. Did SL dead's lol got 265 and on the 7th rep and 3 set I just dropped it in pain.. And stupid me I still went out with other excercises, only went super light.. Now the lower back is throbbing in pain!

allsaucedup is offline Member
    i did the same thing about 3 weeks ago i took some muscle relaxers, lots of alieve, put a heating pad on it and used this rub called biofreeze (stuff is great) took about a week to recover thats what i get for forgetting my belt at home on leg day

Quote Originally Posted by allsaucedup
    i did the same thing about 3 weeks ago i took some muscle relaxers, lots of alieve, put a heating pad on it and used this rub called biofreeze (stuff is great) took about a week to recover thats what i get for forgetting my belt at home on leg day
    AllSauce, you don't use the belt for all lifts I trust? Nothing wrong with belts, I use them on my last set or when going super heavy. I've only recently gained the benefits of going without and paying close attention to form and technique but my back has never been better. Strengthening the stabalizer muscles is a must.

I never use belts,gloves,or wraps..

Don't see a point!

Thread Information