tryingtogain is offline Member

help im 19 with high blood pressure

I have high blood pressure and i am only 19 yrs old. Well i turn 19 on the 23rd of this month. Anyways I have high blood pressure and it is the systolic that is high. All the readings are over 140. One reading was 144/77 another one was 147/77 and another one was 156/77. I seriously need some help. I dont know why i have it i exercise and im not really fat just a little bit of fat on my stomach but not much. the rest of my body has no fat. Anyways i went to the doctor and he ordered a blood test and urine test and i will be getting a CT scan in a week as soon as the run it past my insurance company. The thing is that i wont have insurance once i turn 19 cause i work at a crappy resturant with no health care and im going to college but not full time right now because i cant afford to go full time right now as i can barly afford to go part time. Does anyone know of any good herbs or you know natural stuff that i can order online to lower my BP. Because with no health insurance is no RX drugs. Also me exercising can b every bad with high blood pressure especially lifint heavy weights. This sucks guys I catn still lift weights and stuff right? please help

rippinup02 is offline Junior Member
    if your on juice quit and do cardio

im not on steriods i thought about doing a cycle actually but with this no way or at least until i get it way low if that ever happens but for now im not gonna do juice that will elevate it more and i could have a stroke or heart attack or damage something etc

by the way i might eat some salt that is already in foods u know like cereal but i never put salt on foods that are cooked like at dinner time

by the way i might eat some salt that is already in foods u know like cereal but i never put salt on foods that are cooked like at dinner time

decadbal is offline Banned
    just jack off more

guys please help common

decadbal is offline Banned
    drink some wine with a meal or two..

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    weed, it's natural. not sure if it lowers bp though
    Last edited by BigMike J; 09-15-2004 at 07:49 PM.

i need something that i can buy at the store like walmart of gnc if possible or online but prefer in store

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    cardio, dont drink alcohol, lower salt intake. Drink a lot of water and dont smoke.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Apply for some kind of free med-care (they are ALL OVER) and get yourself your blood pressure meds. This isn't something I'd play around with.

~SC~

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Too bad your not indian. We get free everything But seriously i have high bp too im 25, i take a very low dose of procardia keeps my bp in the 125/70 give or take a few points. Here lately i have stopped with the bp medicine and my bp is fine.. hmm go figure.

BDTR is offline Retired
    actually raises BP.

Get some free health care and get your meds.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike J

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogain
    I have high blood pressure and i am only 19 yrs old. Well i turn 19 on the 23rd of this month. Anyways I have high blood pressure and it is the systolic that is high. All the readings are over 140. One reading was 144/77 another one was 147/77 and another one was 156/77. I seriously need some help. I dont know why i have it i exercise and im not really fat just a little bit of fat on my stomach but not much. the rest of my body has no fat. Anyways i went to the doctor and he ordered a blood test and urine test and i will be getting a CT scan in a week as soon as the run it past my insurance company. The thing is that i wont have insurance once i turn 19 cause i work at a crappy resturant with no health care and im going to college but not full time right now because i cant afford to go full time right now as i can barly afford to go part time. Does anyone know of any good herbs or you know natural stuff that i can order online to lower my BP. Because with no health insurance is no RX drugs. Also me exercising can b every bad with high blood pressure especially lifint heavy weights. This sucks guys I catn still lift weights and stuff right? please help
    I think you may have possibly misunderstood your Doctor..

First of all, a true diagnosis is not normally given for high blood pressure until there has been at least 3 separate readings..A first time high reading is almost always contributed to"White Coat" hypertension, which is just a result of being in the Doctor's office..This is very normal.

Secondly, I am trying to figure out why your Doctor would order a CT scan..Makes no sense, unless there was something else he saw during your exam..Blood test and urine, totally normal, but CT

I would relax and do a follow up a few more times before you work yourself into a frenzy..Unless there is a strong family history of heart disease, stroke, high bp, then 1 elevated reading is nothing to panic over..Your diastolic is below the "Normal" range so there isn't a huge need to worry at this point, unless you start feeling other side effects associated with hypertension..

Watch your diet, sodium intake, hydration levels..Keep excercising and doing weight training..There is no need to stop..In fact, stopping would only be detrimental..Make sure you are doing cardio at least 3 times per week, and then schedule a follow up or go to a free clinic and have your bp taken again..

Doc M

DoctaBig is offline Member
    i just joined your club btw...22 yo on lisinopril.

yo = year old...

synthetic is offline Associate Member
    i used to have high bp problems due to my weight (260->198), i was 150/90 on average now 110/50 want to know how? first i went on a low sodium diet..read the **** labels and caluclate those **** daily values. also as assitance you can take a zin/calcium magneseium supp. and are you getting enough potassium? worst case take hawthorne berry supp

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMike J
    no it doesnt and not a good idea in his case. are you overweight bro?? family history of hypertension?? if you smoke--then quit!!

im not over weight and i dont smoke. my dad has high bp but he is in his 50's my mom's mom died of a heart attack and my dads dad died of a clogged artery. the reading i have taken are always above 140 for sytolic

synthetic is offline Associate Member
    riods arent good for people like us, having family histories of heart problems

Thread Information