Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Strangest theory ever(hollow earth)

I dont belive whats write on this page realy because he doesnt back upp his "scientific" thinking one bit. But its still a bit fascinating and I would like to hear from people on this board that might know more about the strange phenomenons that cant be explain right now by any other means then that hollow earth theory.

Give it a read if you are bored

http://www.v-j-enterprises.com/janhol.html

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    I will read it all when I have time but what I did read was that he thinks all planets are hollow like tennis balls. Does he explain where the immense gravitational pull comes from then? if the earth were hollow the ground we walk on would be much more dense and dare I say nobody would be able to dig a whole because they wouldnt be strong enough. I'll come back to it when I have more time.

I see that he mentions Newtonian gravity, the problem with that is newtonian gravity leaves no room for time, time dilation and the like. So question two is how does he account for that? has he tested his theory with general relativity? Newtonian gravity is fine and good for some things but the details (including gravities effect on time dilation) are void in newtons theory.

interesting concept though, ill get back to ya

He explains it by in the middle of the hollow earth is a fission powered sun that is very compact and weights a ****load. Sounds but well I cant bash something I know nothing about realy

and from what I understand he also thinks we have calculated gravitys strenght wrongly by assuing all celestial bodys are compact instead of hollow...something along those lines

well from juding the rest of his site then he seems like a nutcase that belives in everything but the hollow earth theory is still a fun concept to toy around with I guess

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    thats too much reading and not enough pictures

decadbal is offline Banned
    ive read something close before, sounds like bullshiit to me.. i mean how do we really know there is even a such place as earth??? hmm yea thought so

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    ive read something close before, sounds like bullshiit to me.. i mean how do we really know there is even a such place as earth??? hmm yea thought so
    Wut if C - A - T really spelled dog?

Revenge of the Nerds

khurrams is offline Associate Member
    This guy is full of crap....if his theory was right he could have gotten a nobel prize award for this sorta testament....my .02cents

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    He brings up some intresting points none of which i remember. Reminded me of that movie "The Abyss"

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    its too bad when i read this i dont have a background in the subject or i could argue things. bring up something on software design construction, alogorithm analysis etc lol

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I dont belive whats write on this page realy because he doesnt back upp his "scientific" thinking one bit. But its still a bit fascinating and I would like to hear from people on this board that might know more about the strange phenomenons that cant be explain right now by any other means then that hollow earth theory.

Give it a read if you are bored

http://www.v-j-enterprises.com/janhol.html
    There's a frightening amout if idiocy and mis-information there.

For a similar example look no further than the Conspiracy over the existence of the Moon
    http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    its too bad when i read this i dont have a background in the subject or i could argue things. bring up something on software design construction, alogorithm analysis etc lol
    Do you think you can make a program to solve polynomials of arbitrary degree for real roots? How would you design it. I'm stuck here.

Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    Do you think you can make a program to ? How would you design it. I'm stuck here.
    try berstein for the method, get some pseudocode going and write your code.

by arbitrary do you meen for the user to input it or like a math.random() on the degrees and solve for their real roots. of course you will also run into the limitations of the classes in your code type.

Angelis is offline Banned
    And people say "all brawn no brain" **** to complicated for me... im studying to become a pilot im just starting out with all this psysics sh*t gimme a yr or two and I could argue with you guys...lol

try berstein for the method, get some pseudocode going and write your code.

by arbitrary do you meen for the user to input it or like a math.random() on the degrees and solve for their real roots. of course you will also run into the limitations of the classes in your code type.
    I mean that you input something like

3x^7 + 8x^5 - x^4 ... = 0

and the program would find all roots.

I mean that you input something like

3x^7 + 8x^5 - x^4 ... = 0

and the program would find all roots.
    go find an algebra book, find the section on that. write pseudocode for the steps given, then translate it into the real deal. alla theirs your alogorithm, already there just need to get it into a programming language.

1. We've been to both the north and south (magnetic and true) poles. Imaging satelites pass over both poles.
    http://science.nasa.gov/Realtime/JTr.../JTrack3d.html
    2. Seismologists have been using high energy sound waves to map the interior of the earth. There is no evidence from their data that even remotely suggests that there are oceans, continents, an atmosphere or an extra sun burried within the Earth.
    3. There can be no sun small enough to fit inside the Earth. The limit has been calculated to about 8% of our Sun's size.

I could go on, but it's not really worth it.

go find an algebra book, find the section on that. write pseudocode for the steps given, then translate it into the real deal. alla theirs your alogorithm, already there just need to get it into a programming language.
    It was a trick question. It's not possible to write a program to do this. Do you beleive that?

I can point you in the right direction if you want to know more, or I can prove it directly.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Why do you read **** like that Johan? You know the earth aint hollow.

samoth is offline Member
    Complete fiction. No, G has not been calculated in err. And no, I'm not going to nitpick and refute every ill-made point he tried to make in there.

Good to read if you like that kinda fiction, though.

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    cause Im BORED as hell

you guy gott check out the rest of his site. In another section he claims that a object 4 times the size of the earth acompanied the hale bop comet back in 97

and I was very curious if all his wild assumptions in any way could be proven or disproven cause I dont have the knoweledge myself to be able to claim that hes wrong.

But from the other posts in this thread I guess hes just a nut that tries to sound scientific..

allsaucedup is offline Member
    if this was true i am sure somone would have already built a drill that could make it all the way through the upper layer and see that it was hollow. freakin people and there bad ideas. bad thing this dude probably got paid to research this crap. you think he actually believes this or just like to see how many people he can convince of the bull $hit

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palme

its not flat either JOHAN!! i swear johan ever since you sank the pink submarine you have gone nuts bro... that pussy put a spell on you man! hahaha just kidding bro!

allsaucedup is offline Member
    the must have some good weed in sweden. cause i remember haveing discussions like this when i used to get real high. like how do cameras work and if you drive your car off a cliff and you jump of right before it hits the ground will you be able to just walk away

It was a trick question. It's not possible to write a program to do this. Do you beleive that?

I can point you in the right direction if you want to know more, or I can prove it directly.

i wasnt sure whether it was possible or not as i dont remember covering anything like that in mathmatics. if you can do it geometricly or algebralicly then you should be able to do it in a program.
    Last edited by Psychotron; 09-16-2004 at 08:05 AM.

i wasnt sure whether it was possible or not as i dont remember covering anything like that in mathmatics. if you can do it geometricly or algebralicly then you should be able to do it in a program.
    You can't do it algebraically (Abel's Theorem). You can solve it using integrals, but no program can exist that solves general integration.

You can't do it algebraically (Abel's Theorem). You can solve it using integrals, but no program can exist that solves general integration.
    my ti-89 does general integration?

btw what is your profession, im still a student in software engineering at Auburn University.

Thread Information