Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodtobeapimp
    I Don't like rap. Never will. Gotta give credit to a WHITE guy that has made it in rap though. Considering it's and industry totally built around young black males. I don't see rap as an "art form" or whatever. I seroiusly will never understand what's so great about Tupac or Biggie and firmly believe people wouldn't ride their cocks so hard if they werent dead.

I must be the only person in the world that a guy in a studio talking about killing someone is ironic. Why not just kill someone and go to jail if your such a badass. Wait a minute,you don't get paid for that.

To me rap is a lot like the WWE. Whatever is selling you can bet they are doing. If it was cool to rap about how you f*ck your homosexual father,then every rapper would be saying how tough they are, how much bud they smoke,how many cars they have, and how their dad wants to f*ck him all the time.
    Eminem (white) survived and caught fire because he had a mentor Dr. Dre (black) behind him that knew how to package and sell Eminem's music for the masses.

Is it really a surprise to you that these people seem fake or hypocritical? The entertainment industries have always used smoke an mirrors to create a public image for it's stars that are light years away from who those stars are as people. If you've targeted your audience and you are selling record (movies, products, etcetera), then you're worth your weight in platinum until you stop bringing in the bucks to the people signing the checks.

Personally, I generally don't like rap. There are a few rap tracks that I like here and there, but I could never recite the words to the rap, nor do I have any rap records. The rap I like from Em are not particularly vulgar, they're funny or interesting like STAN.

In the 80's when rap was uplifting, sending positive messages was a good time. Now, I wouldn't miss it if the entire rap industry tanked. Too much violence and hate pumped into the listener's ears. Listeners who are influenced (but not necessarily led) by this music.

big_mike is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    Eminem (white) survived and caught fire because he had a mentor Dr. Dre (black) behind him that knew how to package and sell Eminem's music for the masses.

Is it really a surprise to you that these people seem fake or hypocritical? The entertainment industries have always used smoke an mirrors to create a public image for it's stars that are light years away from who those stars are as people. If you've targeted your audience and you are selling record (movies, products, etcetera), then you're worth your weight in platinum until you stop bringing in the bucks to the people signing the checks.

Personally, I generally don't like rap. There are a few rap tracks that I like here and there, but I could never recite the words to the rap, nor do I have any rap records. The rap I like from Em are not particularly vulgar, they're funny or interesting like STAN.

I'll let you know that there are some "feel good" rappers that get on the mic and have a lot more to say than just talk about bit*ches, hoes, and murdering folks. Nas takes every rapper who is alive right now and makes them his bit*ch. His flows are lyrically unmatched by any rapper around today. His skills puts most people to shame in comparison.

but yes, a lot of studio gangsters make up most of the rap industry these days. Nelly is a prime example.

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    yes your right.. like i said 85% of the things said have to merit. but then again what would it be if they talked about thier day..? rap isnt oriented around the "young balck male" since something like 70% of buyers are white...

I meant "rap" not the people who buy it. There arent large groups of white people crowding into the source awards or the rappers themselves are mostly black.

Basket: Your correct. The mystery I have with it is why more people arent offended by it. Let me clear myself up here. Most rappers act like morons. I'll say most because there are always exceptions. It's perceived as a good thing in life to have little to no education,brag about being shot,brag about drug use,and brag about how many "bitches" they have.

To me its stupid. Now im not saying rap is stupid. I'm just saying the whole perception of it,and the people that buy into the whole world of realism of rap. Yeah people can say this guy got shot or whatever,but how many murders are totally unrelated to rap?

You could make a case for about any type of music. Ex:Country=Redneck. Rap is just the hardest one to sell to myself.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    I think anything that promotes violence and a blatant disregard for life should be stopped or toned down for a while. Violence has gotten out of control in this country, and is only going to get worse if we keep letting the entertainment industry pump this stuff out into the street. The only problem with stopping them is that we'd jeopardize have to preserve the right to speak freely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information