Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    c_ville is offline Associate Member

If you are an Eminem fan...

You might want to take a listen to a Brooklyn based MC called 'Necro'

He is twice as offensive and vulgar as Eminem, and his production is superior IMO.

Let me know what you think...

oh, and does anybody have the tracklist for eminems cd that is supposed to come out in november?

c'ville

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    na havent heard anything about his new album. cant wait for it tho.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    I dont know why so many people dislike em (not saying you bro) but people downplay his ass all the time, theres no denying hes one of the greatest mc's ever....thats right, deny it all you want but sylable for sylable, beat for beat no one can touch em right now in terms of production value. And even if you dont like him take a second to listen to his lyrics...you give this mother ****er two words and he'll rhyme em.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    There is a Canadian MC, yeah we have MCs in Canada , called Classified should check him out as well, little white boy but he's got the flow as well...XXL

BDTR is offline Retired
    Necro is the only thing resembling rap ill listen to, just because its violent and depraved.

decadbal is offline Banned
    violence is good, when taking in heavy doses and administered to children

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    violence is good, when taking in heavy doses and administered to children

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SplinterCell
    I dont know why so many people dislike em (not saying you bro) but people downplay his ass all the time, theres no denying hes one of the greatest mc's ever....thats right, deny it all you want but sylable for sylable, beat for beat no one can touch em right now in terms of production value. And even if you dont like him take a second to listen to his lyrics...you give this mother ****er two words and he'll rhyme em.

Emimen is nothing without Dr Dre's Beats, neither is 50 cent for that matter. Em is a punk who beats woman and rags on his mom cause she didnt hug him enough, grow up you whiny bitch!!! His lyrics are silly and are simply all for shock value nothing else. He is not Tupac, Not Biggie and certainly not Dr. Dre. Besides the only people that listen to him are are junior high kids who think cursing is funny.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    Emimen is nothing without Dr Dre's Beats, neither is 50 cent for that matter. Em is a punk who beats woman and rags on his mom cause she didnt hug him enough, grow up you whiny bitch!!! His lyrics are silly and are simply all for shock value nothing else. He is not Tupac, Not Biggie and certainly not Dr. Dre. Besides the only people that listen to him are are junior high kids who think cursing is funny.
    I don't like his music but I do respect the man for where he has ascended to considering where he came from.Under dogs always get my vote..

c_ville is offline Associate Member

this is going to sound like eminem nutsack riding.. but

1 I think Eminem was a better MC before he hooked up with Dre. His older **** is classic in my books.. he was ****ing hungry. Dre made him popular and gave him international exposure.

2 He can bitch about his mom all he wants if it sells. He loses respect from those who can think critically..but I'm sure many feel as if they can relate to his hard upbringing.

3 He isnt Tupac or Biggy, and he doesn't claim to be. He doesn't claim to be a gangster.. he doesn't tell stories about gang wars in the streets..

4 Dr. Dre shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence implying MC prowess as Tupac or Biggy. IMO, he isn't a great MC, but rather a great producer. His MC skills are above average.. but not legendary

5 Seeing as he is one of the highest selling artists in many different countries, I'm sure he has all kinds of fans.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member

Eminem Fans on the board?

I thought the board had a policy of AR members being atleast 18 years old?

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaSlamma
    I thought the board had a policy of AR members being atleast 18 years old?

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member

Wow.. and your from new york too bro.. em has a sick flow.. he makes **** ryhme that wasnt ment to ryhme. Em was hot before he got with dre.. check out sound bombin 2.. 50 was hot too (power of a dollar, guess whoes back, scores of mixtapes..) but i think the whole fame thing messed him up.. hes still hot and if you dont think his album is tight you must not have heard it.. the g-unit album was a 2/5.. Back to em he never claims to be a gangsta, goat, or anything else.. his style is new to our times.. (even tho his influance from masta ace is kind of questionable..) he doesnt talk about smoking a blunt and ****in 13 hoes then getting in his maybach and going to a club.. his song arn't bangers but hes a tight artist.. in the past 5 years definetly in the top 5..

he grew up in an all white suburb of detroit(they showed his yearbook on MTV)....what sort of tough up bringing did he have??.....living with a single parent? Look at how many people are forced to do that......

he grew up in an all white suburb of detroit(they showed his yearbook on MTV)....what sort of tough up bringing did he have??.....living with a single parent? Look at how many people are forced to do that......

what does that have to do with anything? just cause he didnt sell crack in the projects discredits him?

no not at all but he is portraying someone who has had a rough upbringing, who was abused, blah blah blah....... His upbringing wasnt that tough and he should quit whining about it and and rapping about killing/hurting his mom and kim etc.......that just makes him look like a pu$$y in my opinion. Lock him in a room with me....he''l pray for the abuse he mother gave him after i am done with him

no not at all but he is portraying someone who has had a rough upbringing, who was abused, blah blah blah....... His upbringing wasnt that tough and he should quit whining about it and and rapping about killing/hurting his mom and kim etc.......that just makes him look like a pu$$y in my opinion. Lock him in a room with me....he''l pray for the abuse he mother gave him after i am done with him

Well from what he seems to say (if in fact true) he did have a ****ed up childhood.. and Kim is a slut.. she deserves everthing he says he would do.. The guy is selling records.. To belive everything he says is to think Jadakiss needs a whale scale to measure the coke he brings into the country.. 85% of the **** rappers say is bs.. em just has a diffrent, to some extent, more sucessful hussle.. cant knock him for that..

big_mike is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c_ville
    this is going to sound like eminem nutsack riding.. but

1 I think Eminem was a better MC before he hooked up with Dre. His older **** is classic in my books.. he was ****ing hungry. Dre made him popular and gave him international exposure.

2 He can bitch about his mom all he wants if it sells. He loses respect from those who can think critically..but I'm sure many feel as if they can relate to his hard upbringing.

3 He isnt Tupac or Biggy, and he doesn't claim to be. He doesn't claim to be a gangster.. he doesn't tell stories about gang wars in the streets..

4 Dr. Dre shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence implying MC prowess as Tupac or Biggy. IMO, he isn't a great MC, but rather a great producer. His MC skills are above average.. but not legendary

5 Seeing as he is one of the highest selling artists in many different countries, I'm sure he has all kinds of fans.
    I agreed with pretty much everything you had to say especially about the Dr dre bit. His name should not even be mentioned with pac or big. We all know who the best is. That is big. (flame suit) haha...that's my opinion. And about em rappin about his mom, we really can't say, and it MAY be in bad taste, but if he wants to talk about his mother, and he gets paid for it, so let it be.

i never lumped biggie/tupac with dre.....i said em is not as good as any of them. The only reason i said Dre was beucase Em uses his awesome beats and raps cheezy lyrics to it that sell millions. without his beats he is nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    Well from what he seems to say (if in fact true) he did have a ****ed up childhood.. and Kim is a slut.. she deserves everthing he says he would do.. The guy is selling records.. To belive everything he says is to think Jadakiss needs a whale scale to measure the coke he brings into the country.. 85% of the **** rappers say is bs.. em just has a diffrent, to some extent, more sucessful hussle.. cant knock him for that..

also, i think what em doin is great. He FEEDS off the negativity he recieves from **** rags like the source who talk down upon his name. He is hated by most black artists in the industry simply because they aren't chasing the amount of paper EM is chasing....ALL BECAUSE HE IS WHITE. Hows that for size? Em did a gutsy thing, and now he's on top of the industry. If BIG and Pac were alive (2 best) the same wouldn't be so right now, however, it's his time, and 50 is also following closely.
    PS.
    Em was smokin weed at the beginning of a song he did with xzibit a while back....i forgot what the name of the track was, somethin like, by any means necessary. Kinda shocked me seeing that he never talks about being a gangster, smokin kill, or even saying the "N" word. If he did, he would be flamed oh so badly..lol

i never lumped biggie/tupac with dre.....i said em is not as good as any of them. The only reason i said Dre was beucase Em uses his awesome beats and raps cheezy lyrics to it that sell millions. without his beats he is nothing
    you obviously havent been listening to em long enough to know he can flow without dres beats. his beats are among the best in the industry, closely followed by manny fresh, but I KNOW for a fact that 50 was hot even when Dre was out of the picture.

50 was not hot before Dre. I saw him open up for a Rough Riders/Cash Money tour 4 yrs ago.....he was terrible.

50 was not hot before Dre. I saw him open up for a Rough Riders/Cash Money tour 4 yrs ago.....he was terrible.
    ANYBODY THAT RAPS ON STAGE SUCKS COMPARED TO THEIR ALBUM SOUND!!

Have you ever heard big live or pac live?? Maybe even snoop?? you would know that they sound dramatically different than when you hear them on album.

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Em doesnt make any beats? Granted he isnt as good as dre because he is new to it, but check out the credits on the obie cd and both of the d12 cd's.

Also, to the person(s) discrediting eminem, YOU tell me what he should rap about to make him valid to you?

He raps about whats real to him, growin up on the white trash side of the city, but still hangin out in other parts, being bullied, havin a ****ty childhood, drugs, etc. I agree, its not anything out of the ordinary, but thats why it sells because there are so many others in that situation.

Would you rather him rap about havin all the hoes in the clubs with an r. kelly or b2k hook, rappin about all the new cars out sitting on whatever size rims are hot for the year, rappin where only the last word rhymes in every sentence?

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big_mike

Have you ever heard big live or pac live?? Maybe even snoop?? you would know that they sound dramatically different than when you hear them on album.
    Agreed, nelly is one of the worst live.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    I like M because of his lyrics, story telling and off-beat sense of humor, not because of the vulgarity. But, thx for the heads up on the Brooklyn guy.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    em is phucking man...i'm sorry but his shyt pumps me up for everything and get the adrenaline floowing...he does NOT only rap about his mom and his g/f....he'll rap about current event..past experiences and where he thinks things are going in the future..he's amazing and you can't really hate on him..he's gifted and his style is unmatched and original i give him crazzy props

they gave away a bunch of LP's at the concert it was terrible.....sounded like a even more ghetto gangstarr if that is at all possible..

I have heard Dre on stage along with Nas, R. Kelly, Ginuwine, Eminem, and many others and yes they are different than there albums........ but not terrible like 50 was.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    ill check it out. eminem's albums with dre are lacking so much in comparison to his first one 'infinite' that is a lyrical masterpiece.

BodyMechanic is offline Senior Member
    I love Dre. IMO he is one of the best producers but he was pretty much forgot about until he discovered Eminem, He put dre. back on top and he is making a lot of money off of him. 50 is good also but because Emenim is backing him made everyone listen to his albulm.Bottom line everythin Em puts his name on is going to make money, Now you don't have to like his music that is understandable but he should get respect because he is one of the best ever, that is why other rappers say this too. And he isn't about just making money because you never see him doing any commercials and it is not because he can't, it is because he knows it doesn't fit his image.

Quote Originally Posted by BodyMechanic
    I love Dre. IMO he is one of the best producers but he was pretty much forgot about until he discovered Eminem, He put dre. back on top and he is making a lot of money off of him. 50 is good also but because Emenim is backing him made everyone listen to his albulm.Bottom line everythin Em puts his name on is going to make money, Now you don't have to like his music that is understandable but he should get respect because he is one of the best ever, that is why other rappers say this too. And he isn't about just making money because you never see him doing any commercials and it is not because he can't, it is because he knows it doesn't fit his image.

I understand what your saying, and I agree with you on the fact that Dre is perhaps the best producer to ever grace the studio. However, let's get one thing straight, 50 is ****ing dope, period. Everybody these days SUCK! besides the great few still alive (cuz those fu**ers took Pac and Big) such as Nas, Styles P is dope, Em and a FEW others, EVERYBODY SUCKS!! No limit can suck it. With Juvenile pretty much leaving cash money, all you're left with is the big tymers. However, Back to the topic....how can you tell me "in da club" which sounds cliche nowadays, wasn't a hit? That song had EVERYBODY and their mommas shakin their as$ on the dance floor! And with a little help from Dre's beats, **** near EVERY song on get rich or die tryin was a f'in smash! Almost every one of his songs made the radio! I havent seen many rappers get THAT far! I definetely think 50 can stand on his own 2 legs, but yes Dre helped....em helped...but not by as much as people think. Em's got wicked skills, more than 50...I'll give you that much. But you gotta see 50's lyrical talent!

ps. Big still owns haha

BodyMechanic is offline Senior Member
    no i think you misunderstood me. all i meant was that by Emenim backing 50 he got everyone to go out and listen to him before he was popular in the same way that dre did for Emenim. I think get rich or die trying was one of the best rap records ever put out. I can't wait for Em and 50's new records to come out.

have you seen him live after "rich or die trying" droped? he was TERRIBLE TERRIBLE.. i saw him on the tour with jayz and if it wasnt for jay the show would of been trash..

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    have you seen him live after "rich or die trying" droped? he was TERRIBLE TERRIBLE.. i saw him on the tour with jayz and if it wasnt for jay the show would of been trash..
    Dude...that's where you are wrong. Jay Z is by far the most OVER-RATED Rapper (er i mean faker) to ever TOUCH a mic. He BITES OFF OF BIGS FLOW SO MUCH IT MAKES ME SICK FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD.

"when the remmy hits the system, ain't no tellin, will I fu** em will I diss em, that's what these hoes yellin. Im a pimp by blood, not relation, ya'll still chase um, I replace um huh, drunk off don...."

JAY Z Bit this WHOLE G*D D*MN Piece and TRIED to make it his OWN. JAY Z is TRASH, AND HE CAN BURN IN HELL.

sorry I had to vent.
    I can't stand biters.
    Jay is one of them.

rest in peace Big
    rest in peace Pac.
    burn in hell Jay..or..hova..HAH!

By the way, even after Pac DISSED his sorry as off the face of the earth when makaveli dropped, he still used his nasty piece of lard beyonce to remake one of the best pac songs of all time " me and my girlfriend" and turned it into a song about women when the REAL song was about a GUN.
    Hows that for original?

signed,
    Gay-Z
    hah, best rapper alive. hahahah.
    Nas said," di*k suckin lips, let the late great veteran live"

btw im done venting.
    sorry, had to get it out.
    Last edited by big_mike; 09-16-2004 at 09:33 PM.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    i dont totally agree with u big mike.. if you are a fan of rap you will notice everyone is stealing beats from somewhere else or remaking old song beats with their lyrics... everyone is only all over big and pacs junk because they are dead..im a fan of pac not soo much of biggies..everyones got their own opinion i think jayz drops alot of hits that everyone wants to hear.. .. and as far as eminem goes.. his one verse pretty much makes every song that he is featured on, great....

Have you seen the show? 50 was trash his set was 40-50 minutes.. He had not coordnation, his hypeman sucked balls.. and at times he would miss his own lyrics.. and this was at MSG. If you think jay sucks go get his first album.. He is the number 1 black artist out, and he didnt steal his flow from big.. big has a totally diffrent flow.. then again.. thats just my imo..

the funny thing is that he talks so much **** then pun sticks him up.. rip big pun..

I understand what your saying, and I agree with you on the fact that Dre is perhaps the best producer to ever grace the studio. However, let's get one thing straight, 50 is ****ing dope, period. Everybody these days SUCK! besides the great few still alive (cuz those fu**ers took Pac and Big) such as Nas, Styles P is dope, Em and a FEW others, EVERYBODY SUCKS!! No limit can suck it. With Juvenile pretty much leaving cash money, all you're left with is the big tymers. However, Back to the topic....how can you tell me "in da club" which sounds cliche nowadays, wasn't a hit? That song had EVERYBODY and their mommas shakin their as$ on the dance floor! And with a little help from Dre's beats, **** near EVERY song on get rich or die tryin was a f'in smash! Almost every one of his songs made the radio! I havent seen many rappers get THAT far! I definetely think 50 can stand on his own 2 legs, but yes Dre helped....em helped...but not by as much as people think. Em's got wicked skills, more than 50...I'll give you that much. But you gotta see 50's lyrical talent!

ps. Big still owns haha

Ill have to disagree with styles P being on that list. Have you listened to his verse in Locked up? IMO, he ruined it, the lyrics have no flow, most of the words dont even rhyme. The song is tight, but Akon should have got someone else to rap on the record.

I agree with you that 50cent has talent and I love his album, but after reading reviews on his concert performances lately, he is getting WAY to cocky towards the fans. He is also dissing more and more rappers for no reason. For instance, he tried to diss Shyne just because he was exploring other record labels to sign with besides gUnit. Just because of that, Shyne signed with Gangland on purpose. Listen to his song "For the record." (its hard to hear because it was recorded over the phone) He puts 50cent in his place big time. Probably one of the best diss records ive heard in a long time.

By the way, since this is turning into a good rap thread... Anyone here Guerilla Black's music?? Awhile ago, his video for "Compton" came on, but I was in a different room. I started to hear him rap and I had to run in the room. His voice and his flow sounds like biggie hardcore, IMO.

Anyone pick up his album? Is it worth it?

I Don't like rap. Never will. Gotta give credit to a WHITE guy that has made it in rap though. Considering it's and industry totally built around young black males. I don't see rap as an "art form" or whatever. I seroiusly will never understand what's so great about Tupac or Biggie and firmly believe people wouldn't ride their cocks so hard if they werent dead.

I must be the only person in the world that a guy in a studio talking about killing someone is ironic. Why not just kill someone and go to jail if your such a badass. Wait a minute,you don't get paid for that.

To me rap is a lot like the WWE. Whatever is selling you can bet they are doing. If it was cool to rap about how you f*ck your homosexual father,then every rapper would be saying how tough they are, how much bud they smoke,how many cars they have, and how their dad wants to f*ck him all the time.
    Last edited by goodtobeapimp; 09-17-2004 at 10:16 AM.

yes your right.. like i said 85% of the things said have to merit. but then again what would it be if they talked about thier day..? rap isnt oriented around the "young balck male" since something like 70% of buyers are white...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information