Jenna is offline Female Member

Angry Why Can't I Sleep?!

It's after midnight...... I can't sleep and it's been this way the last few days...... The only way I can get DECENT sleep is to take "meds".... I am up at 6:30am - and don't stop until night time... I lay in bed and think, think, think and can't ever fall alseep..... I have an appointment with my doc tomorrow to see what we can figure out.....

Any suggestions?? I've had the hot chamomile tea.....took a hot bubble bath.....read......done all that jazz night after night and it doesn't seem to help......

<<<< JENNA >>>>

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    i do that all the time too. it sucks, a lot of times its when i take xenadrine or drink caffeine anytime after 8pm, and i go to bed at 2am! The only thing that works for me is to try and relax, i go from my head on down and slowly try to relax each part.....my face, my neck, my shoulders.....all the way to my feet. and then i try to clear my mind. this usually works if you are in a comfortable position and you are tired. a lot of the hypnosis tapes work real well because they get you in a really relaxed state like that. my roommate has the same problem too, and he swears by leaving the tv on low volume because then he just half-listens to that instead of thinking about things. good luck!

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Go to 9natural9's thread...and THAT is what we do to "relax". For real, if there is anyway possible that you could have sexual intercourse right before you want to go to sleep, that is almost a sure thing. Every time I....well let's just say I kick my partner out of the bed so I can get my rest.

Maybe try some melatonin, or do what you were already going to do...and that is, see a doctor. I'm sure it's nothing major.

Flip on the TV and watch some Scooby Doo. Werks fer mee.

Viking is offline Junior Member
    I had that problem too, my problem was caused by stress at work(I don't know what my job is called in english, but I decide where and what to buy for my companys production).
    My doctor told me that you get into a "bad habit", and prescribed me some sleeping pills so that I could get into normal sleeping patterns.
    I only used them for a week, and then I managed withoud them.

It could just be that u have alot ion your mind, and when you relax in bed, you start thinking about it...

Anyway, I hope you solve it(if not I could come tuck(?) you in)

bigcalf is offline New Member
    first if your getting up at 6am...and running like a mad man all day you have to come in and give your self time to wind down ..like a hot shower ..relax ..watch a little tv...lay in bed while you do this !!! ..im on the same page you are, i get up @ 4am workout and i am on the go all day ..the best treatment is give yourself time to relax..hope this helps

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator
    I can't sleep anymore either if I just lie there. My mind just spins. Now I need to read or watch tv(on low volume) to get my mind off things.

I like FromFleshtoSteel's advice about the hypnosis tapes, I used some custom made ones to prepare for a karate tournament, and they put me to sleep right away.

ps- sex before sleeping does NOT work for me. I don't know how guys go to sleep afterward, I find it energizes me.
    One today is worth two tomorrows.

bigtraps is offline Member
    Dido Jen, it is tough to sleep. Allways tossing and turning.

Solution....not sure yet..you have to find the problem, then try to fix it.

Something is bothering you, or you are exited about something.

I never sleep well, I syffer from S.B.D.S.(sperm build-up death syndrum). I know that when i snuggle w/ someone special, i usually sleep well cause i am at ease. But that has been awhile.
    ......sorry i couldn't help much.....if i figure it out i will let you know.
    Mean while, have your Dr. give you something, cause as you know sleep is so important.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Same deal here i sleep from about 11pm - 2am, then just toss and turn rest of night. For me has to do with diet/t3/e/c/a and all other "junk", not that i am ever a good sleeper.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    The Bad Man has come to the rescue!!! This sounds stupid, but I read it somewhere and it really works...

When you find yourself tossing and turning, stop and think to yourself "I have to STAY AWAKE! I have to STAY AWAKE!" Pretend that it's viatlly important that you stay awake. Sometimes I pretend I'm guarding something valuable or a loved one and if I fall asleep something will happen to it/them. You'll be asleep in minutes.

I know this sounds dumb, but I swear it works.

Now all of you come back here tomorrow morning and say how brilliant the Bad Man is.

Bad_man.

u gotta be swedish!

det e ju birger du har som avatar

I'm not Swedish dude - not sure why you'd think that either.

The Bad Man is a Canadian with Scottish heritage living in the good ol' US of A!!

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Well I have the same problem, but what works for me is to save my workout later say around 7ish or 8ish, work my ass off in the gym, to where I am just exhausted, and I get home, soak in a hot bath, and I am off to la la land.

Thought so bcause your avatar is a pic of a swedish comedian...

Originally posted by Viking
    Thought so bcause your avatar is a pic of a swedish comedian...
    Is he? I had no idea who he is - I just found his picture somewhere.

Big_Brick is offline New Member
    Yea it is...

Anyway it takes me 1-2hours before I am able to fall asleep, dunno why, has always been that way.

manijak is offline Associate Member
    maybe bigkev is too close to you..and you know ...all that test running thru his venes..... JAJ
    hehe now seriousliy try melatonone or xanax...I'm hiper as hell and I personally prefer a little spliff before bed...I get relaxed and sleep like a baby....

Originally posted by manijak
    now seriousliy try melatonone or xanax...
    Lately I've been taking a 1/4 Xanax to knock me out......but I heard that was addicting .....

<<<< JENNA >>>>

Deadend is offline Associate Member
    Alot of the responses to this problem i have read involve "mentally " making yourself go to sleep. While this may work for some I find that sometimes no matter how much I try to psyche myself my body physically will not let me go to sleep.

Reading something always works for me, just don't read something that your really interested in.

Is it true that stuff like tylenol pm can fuck your sleep up, similar to the way alcohol does?

Piper is offline Female Member
    Don't know if you can find this where you live but I know several people who swear by it (I've never had to take anything to get to sleep, but if I ever do this is the first thing I will try) It is called Calms Sorte. It is sold in Health food stores. Completly all-natural. It just relaxes you enough so you can fall asleep on your own....
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.....
    http://www.bloodsweatsteel.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

The Bad Man slept like a baby last night.

POWERSTROKE is offline Associate Member
    Whats up Jenna ? When you are trying to fall asleep are you just thinking about everything, like things that aren't really important ? Thats what I was doing for a while. Try doing different things before bed.

If I come home from work and dont really do anything, like eat and lay on the couch all night... I will be up thinking about things all night. If I work all day and do something after work, and come home at 10-11p.m. I usually fall asleep . Sometimes I leave the radio on really low when I sleep, just to take my mind off of things.

-Henry

Originally posted by bigkev

xanax jenn? nah, we dont need narcotics to sleep i'll come over and use your computer at night and then you will be able to sleep!
    How's that?

You wouldn't be on the computer until 4am. I need to be asleep sooner than that.

<<<< JENNA >>>>

Originally posted by bigkev
    i'll be there at 8:30
    A.M or P.M. ???????

<<<< JENNA >>>>

Thread Information