Elysium is offline Productive Member

How do you get into door work?

Hey guys,

In the UK you need a license, checks are done etc and im thinking of going for it. I feel i could handle the job.

Any tips? Experiences? General rules?

Theres a club i might be working at, thing is all the bouncers are like real close, in their lil group sort of thing.

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    Hey guys,

In the UK you need a license, checks are done etc and im thinking of going for it. I feel i could handle the job.

Any tips? Experiences? General rules?

Theres a club i might be working at, thing is all the bouncers are like real close, in their lil group sort of thing.
    simple become friends with them. i met the guys i work with at the gym, then one day they asked me to work for them. simple, now i work the door on saturday nights and meet all the ladies lol.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    I worked on the door of a club for 3yrs. It has pros and cons like anything,

Pros being: The ladies love it. You're being paid to be in a club. You have a really good laugh with the other doormen. You then get into any other club in town for free (this extends sometimes to discounts at restaurants etc)

Cons being: If you have a girlie she won't like it after a while - to start with she'll think it's great that her man is a doorman but she'll soon get sick of you working every fri & sat and other girls chatting you up. Be prepared for people to assume you're a stupid thug just because of the job you're doing. There are cameras everywhere nowadays and the scrotes you throw out know it and will position themselves in view of one before telling you what a c u n t you are. IMO its getting too dangerous for the money - £13 an hour is OK but not worth getting stabbed/shot for, I know that sounds a little dramatic for the UK but thats where we're headed, there have been several knife attacks on doormen in my town and its just a matter of time before some drunken scrote shoots a doorman.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    I worked on the door of a club for 3yrs. It has pros and cons like anything,

Pros being: The ladies love it. You're being paid to be in a club. You have a really good laugh with the other doormen. You then get into any other club in town for free (this extends sometimes to discounts at restaurants etc)

Cons being: If you have a girlie she won't like it after a while - to start with she'll think it's great that her man is a doorman but she'll soon get sick of you working every fri & sat and other girls chatting you up. Be prepared for people to assume you're a stupid thug just because of the job you're doing. There are cameras everywhere nowadays and the scrotes you throw out know it and will position themselves in view of one before telling you what a c u n t you are. IMO its getting too dangerous for the money - £13 an hour is OK but not worth getting stabbed/shot for, I know that sounds a little dramatic for the UK but thats where we're headed, there have been several knife attacks on doormen in my town and its just a matter of time before some drunken scrote shoots a doorman.
    Where about you from mate? Im in Swindon, Wiltshire.

The Ibiza of the UK. (or so they would have us believe)
    Newquay, Cornwall.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    The Ibiza of the UK. (or so they would have us believe)
    Newquay, Cornwall.
    LOL! Dunno about it being the Ibiza of the UK. Spose theres alot more opportunities for door work out there as there is tons of clubs

Yeah I know it's laughable, each year the papers call it something different, it's been called the Ibiza, Aya napa and Faliraki of the UK, I think the key part is 'of the UK'.

Yeah there's loads of doorwork here in the summer, I got into it because all of my mates were doing it who are all smaller than me so I thought why not? It is a great laugh mostly, Newquay is a fairly harmless town.

I gave it up for a few reasons: I got a new job that involves some evening work which clashed with the doorwork, also it pays better than my previous job so I don't need the doorwork to supplement my income, also I cannot be in that environment without having a few sneaky drinks - no good for training, and my girlfriend was getting sick of no boyfriend every fri & sat. If I ever broke up with my girlie I would definitely go back, I was never single the whole time I worked there so I never really took advantage of the jobs potential for getting ass.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    You need a license here too. If you want to get in you need to know the guys on the door or know someone who knows them, its all about connections. A friend of mine helped me and im very thankfull for that, now im in the crew and are about to deside if i want a new guy in it

Make sure you have a cool head, but at the same time that your a good fighter if it comes to that, but always avoid getting physicall if you can.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I don't want to offend anyone...but there is no way I would want to have the chance of getting my teeth kicked by working as a bouncer for $10 per hour.

No offfense.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    I don't want to offend anyone...but there is no way I would want to have the chance of getting my teeth kicked by working as a bouncer for $10 per hour.

No offfense.
    None taken and you will never understand whiteboy!

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla

No offfense.
    Well no money is worth getting your teeth kicked in for is it?
    Is $10 per hour all it pays in the states? I quoted £13 which is closer to $25, like you say though - not worth getting your teeth kicked in for but that really isn't the idea!

Thread Information