Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Injured muscles in lower back?

A woman I know had a abusive relationship and the bastard asshole she was with has kicked her in the lower back and injured her lower back muscles seriously(how badly I dont know but the doc tells her there isnt much that can be done).

My question is do any of you have any experience with a injury like that(blunt force on the lower back mucles) and any idea on how to make a recovery??

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    I doubt it is muscle related unless it is only a tissue bruise. Just have a doc look at it.

TexasFitnessGirl is offline Female Member
    I don't have any advice (except to mame the guy) I just wanted to bump you so she could get some posts, maybe a little help. Thats awful, so good luck to you.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I've a lower back that gives me trouble all the time. About the only thing I can do is rest, muscle relaxers and ice. If the docs say there's not much they can do then the only thing left is to let it heal and see how it goes. When it comes to the back, the moment you have an operation you just set yourself up for more later on down the road. She needs to rest and saty off her feet as much as she can for now. Hope she gets to feeling better soon......lower back pain sucks.

decadbal is offline Banned
    theres always something to be done, rest and if no healin, then its not muscle...

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey Johan, she could try getting a cortisone shot...I had lower back problems and had to get two of them. Hurts like a mother, but after a couple of weeks it felt much better...

OG

slamd097 is offline Banned
    Muscle relaxers and a week off of work will do wonders...I would have a doctor look at it to make sure there wasn't any underlying damage done..

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    What about a Chiropractor or Physical Therapy?

slamd097 is offline Banned
    I think a chiropractor might be a little much at this point. I would wait til everything heald a little more before having someone rack my body around that much...

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I cannot believe two drs. said "nothing can be done". What EXACTLY Is the muscles involved? The erector spinae muscle is the lower back region which hyperextentions may help. Also see a good quality chiropractor perhaps the lower spine was damaged. I may add she should get a lawyer if she was in fact assaulted.

I have to ask her more about it and the injury. Im not sure at all all she has said is that the muscles are destroyed somehow cause of repeted kicks...

ruffrydadd is offline Junior Member
    i have the most ****ed up back u'd ever see. i have ripped the muscles from the bottom to the top of my back, i have buldging discs in my lower lumbar and i have 4 dislocated rib's. nothing worked for me. ive went to physical therapy and all kinds of doctors for over 2 years now. i even went and saw the doctor who examines the NY Jets when they get injured. they didnt know what to tell me. i decied recently (about 5 months ago) to try anything. i tried going to a chirpractor/massage therapist. 3 days a week i get muscle stimulation, a massage, my back cracked, and ultrasound witch is a metal rod that sends heat waves through to your deepest muscles. its actually helped me alot. i went from swering i was going to be paralyzed for the rest of my life, to doing most things i could normally do. also i swim alot. swimming is an extremely good way to build and strengthen the muscles in the back without getting hurt. i highly recommend swimming. well i hope this information helps your freind out. later man - guido -

Quote Originally Posted by ruffrydadd
    i have the most ****ed up back u'd ever see. i have ripped the muscles from the bottom to the top of my back, i have buldging discs in my lower lumbar and i have 4 dislocated rib's. nothing worked for me. ive went to physical therapy and all kinds of doctors for over 2 years now. i even went and saw the doctor who examines the NY Jets when they get injured. they didnt know what to tell me. i decied recently (about 5 months ago) to try anything. i tried going to a chirpractor/massage therapist. 3 days a week i get muscle stimulation, a massage, my back cracked, and ultrasound witch is a metal rod that sends heat waves through to your deepest muscles. its actually helped me alot. i went from swering i was going to be paralyzed for the rest of my life, to doing most things i could normally do. also i swim alot. swimming is an extremely good way to build and strengthen the muscles in the back without getting hurt. i highly recommend swimming. well i hope this information helps your freind out. later man - guido -
    Thanks man

Thread Information