Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 72
  1. #1
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977

    trying for 300lbs bench today

    going to try to get 300lbs today boys and girls. wish me luck..i hope i dont kill my **** self doing it.. peace

  2. #2
    Elysium's Avatar
    Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,731
    good luck mate, get someone to spot ya! lol

  3. #3
    max-it's Avatar
    max-it is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    553
    Go for it bro. You can do it. If you don't, keep trying, someday you will rep 315 20 times.

  4. #4
    cpt steele's Avatar
    cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,890
    good luck bro

  5. #5
    Bigen12's Avatar
    Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,301
    You can do it!!!!

  6. #6
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by max-it
    Go for it bro. You can do it. If you don't, keep trying, someday you will rep 315 20 times.
    i was up to 330lbs a few years ago but between 3 jobs and college and a girlfriend it was hard to keep it up at the gym so needless to say my **** dropped dramatically

  7. #7
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    thanx guys, so what are your max's at now guys??

  8. #8
    Bigen12's Avatar
    Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,301
    I am sure that mine is pathetic right now, after several months out with a ruptured disc.

  9. #9
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    I am sure that mine is pathetic right now, after several months out with a ruptured disc.
    yeah i feel ya, i had that happen to right between the shoulder blades like 4 years ago.. very painful. my back is still fukked up now.. just be careful and use some common sense and its all good

  10. #10
    DevilsDeity's Avatar
    DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,325
    good luck bro ,
    imma try for the 300 club on friday i think

  11. #11
    max-it's Avatar
    max-it is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    553
    i rep'd 425 3 times this morning as my last set, i can prob bench 450 or so

  12. #12
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by max-it
    i rep'd 425 3 times this morning as my last set, i can prob bench 450 or so

    i hear ya man, i will get there bro no doubt.. i am somewhat taking my time and letting my joints and tendons catch up

  13. #13
    Sta11ion's Avatar
    Sta11ion is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Toronto 5days Miami 2days
    Posts
    731
    YOU CAN DO IT BILLY!(From all the movies with Rob Schneider)

  14. #14
    Bigen12's Avatar
    Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,301
    Yep, taking it slow, started light with high reps.

    Mine was in my lower back, I couldn't walk for a couple of days, still can't feel the top of my left foot.

  15. #15
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    Yep, taking it slow, started light with high reps.

    Mine was in my lower back, I couldn't walk for a couple of days, still can't feel the top of my left foot.
    thanx guys! god****! man you really ****ed up.. how did you do that??

  16. #16
    slamd097's Avatar
    slamd097 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    az
    Posts
    740
    Good luck Bro..and don't give up..even when all the weight is pushing down on ya and your screaming for help and your balls blow out of your shorts and your butt hole falls out the pants leg..just keep pushing!! or have some one take a picture..

  17. #17
    max-it's Avatar
    max-it is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    i hear ya man, i will get there bro no doubt.. i am somewhat taking my time and letting my joints and tendons catch up
    you have no idea how smart you are for doing this. I have SEVERE elbow pain. I also have pain in my shoulder and neck. My joints are shot. Every time I lift I am in some form of pain. I have been to more orthopedic surgeons than I can remember. Go slow, you will be greatful when you get to be 30 yrs old (like me).

  18. #18
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by max-it
    you have no idea how smart you are for doing this. I have SEVERE elbow pain. I also have pain in my shoulder and neck. My joints are shot. Every time I lift I am in some form of pain. I have been to more orthopedic surgeons than I can remember. Go slow, you will be greatful when you get to be 30 yrs old (like me).

    holy**** bro! i am 26 so i am not too far behind ya.. yeah thanx for that tid bit of info.. **** i dont wanna be 30 and feel like i am 70.. you went all out didnt ya?

  19. #19
    Bigen12's Avatar
    Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,301
    The best I can tell I did it over time, from working bailing hay, to landscaping for several years, working hard instead of working smart. I have always been large and strong, and I didn't take care of myself. Hell I was benching 225lbs when I was 13 and I could military press 220lbs.

  20. #20
    max-it's Avatar
    max-it is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    holy**** bro! i am 26 so i am not too far behind ya.. yeah thanx for that tid bit of info.. **** i dont wanna be 30 and feel like i am 70.. you went all out didnt ya?
    with a name like max-it you can tell that i am no fan of "light days"

  21. #21
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by max-it
    with a name like max-it you can tell that i am no fan of "light days"
    hahaha true. i believe it..i am going to bust out whatever i can today. i havent maxed in over a year so really i probably could get 325 or around there 3 times..

  22. #22
    Juggernaut's Avatar
    Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,545
    You go girl! 300 is a nice number. Bench is my weakest lift, got a huge chest but apperantly it's all for show cause I'm lucky to get 315 up once! Thankfuly I have a huge wang. hahahahaha

  23. #23
    Maraxus's Avatar
    Maraxus is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,345
    I hit 485 twice on Saturday. No bounce, clean and smooth, I know that aint **** compared to some of the monsterz on here. Good luck Hung.

  24. #24
    Phillyboy1's Avatar
    Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    bout my money
    Posts
    2,445
    good luck bro 3 plates was a good feeling, youll know soon enough

  25. #25
    Psychotron's Avatar
    Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    2,581
    i broke it last week for 315x3, it was great, i did the same thing on my last set this morning.

  26. #26
    SMYL_GR8's Avatar
    SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,546
    Did 250X8 last week and felt great until my trainer said "Awesome, looked great. you'll be doing 315 for 6 by New year's"

    Yeah, sure, but I better be running more than Centrum!

  27. #27
    Benches505's Avatar
    Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,366
    Muscle memory is a beautiful thing! If you did it before you will do it again and go up from there. Just think of something to really piss you off just before you do that max set. I'm going for max tonight too so I'm either going to feel really good or like crap at the end.

  28. #28
    Psychotron's Avatar
    Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    2,581
    I'm a firm believer in force reps, even if you cant do those reps, its still working the muscle, i usualy do 3-4 at the end on my sets after ive done the reps on my own.

  29. #29
    decadbal's Avatar
    decadbal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North Charlotte
    Posts
    11,924
    well did u get it, all ga ppl have to be the top baby..lol

  30. #30
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In the woods
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by SMYL_GR8
    Did 250X8 last week and felt great until my trainer said "Awesome, looked great. you'll be doing 315 for 6 by New year's"

    Yeah, sure, but I better be running more than Centrum!
    hahahah, yeah no joke, that's a hell of a jump...

  31. #31
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    i meant to follow this up earlier but i got 330 up three times yesterday.. needless to say i was stoked.. its been a while since i had gotten that much up..

  32. #32
    Bigen12's Avatar
    Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    i meant to follow this up earlier but i got 330 up three times yesterday.. needless to say i was stoked.. its been a while since i had gotten that much up..

    Great job!

    You strut around the gym a couple of times afterwards???

  33. #33
    Commando_Barbi's Avatar
    Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    6,183
    WoW Way to go. And I was all proud of getting 50 lb dumbells up. My best is 65 but that was at my peak. I'll be back there before long...and back to my 195 lb bench. Gonna break 200 in no time

  34. #34
    JKali's Avatar
    JKali is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    118
    Congrats HUng, and Barbi that's awesome. You'll break 200 no problem. If only my upper body was on par with the lower.

  35. #35
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    WoW Way to go. And I was all proud of getting 50 lb dumbells up. My best is 65 but that was at my peak. I'll be back there before long...and back to my 195 lb bench. Gonna break 200 in no time

    hell yeah go girl! you are stronger than most guys i know hahahaha

  36. #36
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    Great job!

    You strut around the gym a couple of times afterwards???
    hahahah no i didnt i was too ****ing dizzy.. hahaha i thought i was going to faint

  37. #37
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by JKali
    Congrats HUng, and Barbi that's awesome. You'll break 200 no problem. If only my upper body was on par with the lower.

    thanx kali, and nice avatar!

  38. #38
    Commando_Barbi's Avatar
    Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    6,183
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    hell yeah go girl! you are stronger than most guys i know hahahaha
    LOL Stronger than most in my gym too! And you shoulda strutted around...chest all blown up . LOL

  39. #39
    mass junkie's Avatar
    mass junkie is offline banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    on the net
    Posts
    8,849
    Congrats brother...great feeling isnt it

  40. #40
    co2boi's Avatar
    co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,689
    Quote Originally Posted by JKali
    Congrats HUng, and Barbi that's awesome. You'll break 200 no problem. If only my upper body was on par with the lower.
    Great job guys / gals. I finally hit 290 3 weeks ago. A big thing for me.

    Girls are always stronger in the lower body. There's some proportion or something that says pound for pound of muscle, girls lower bodies are stronger than guys...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •