partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

how do i purchase a domain name??

i have someone buidling a website for my company and they will be hosting it as well. next week i will sit down with these people and discuss everything. one question i have is this.....should i /and how do it purchase the domain name that i want??will they do that as part of it or should i do it and present it to them??anyhelp on this would be huge for me.thank you guys so much!!

anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    i have someone buidling a website for my company and they will be hosting it as well. next week i will sit down with these people and discuss everything. one question i have is this.....should i /and how do it purchase the domain name that i want??will they do that as part of it or should i do it and present it to them??anyhelp on this would be huge for me.thank you guys so much!!
    help...

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Bro, PM LeanMeOut.. he knows all about this...

LORDBLiTZ Guest

TexasFitnessGirl is offline Female Member
    help...
    What domain do you want I will see if it is available for you

i checked it's avaiable

Quote Originally Posted by TexasFitnessGirl
    What domain do you want I will see if it is available for you
    i checked already

i checked already
    www.networksolutions.com

kiss kiss

thank you baby
    do you think i should secure the name before i meet with the peopel building the site?

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    you can always sell it back to them

thank you baby
    do you think i should secure the name before i meet with the peopel building the site?
    Doesnt matter but if you get it yourself than you can manage it instead of giving them control, that way if you fire them the dont have anything to do with the domain name. Meet with them first to see what they offer. You can get the domain name when you are done meeting with them. Shouldnt be expensive $20 a year. Make sure you have total right over the website if you fire them ie... you get all the html files.

ok

Doesnt matter but if you get it yourself than you can manage it instead of giving them control, that way if you fire them the dont have anything to do with the domain name. Meet with them first to see what they offer. You can get the domain name when you are done meeting with them. Shouldnt be expensive $20 a year. Make sure you have total right over the website if you fire them ie... you get all the html files.
    these are things i need to knwo as i have no experience with any of this. the gym one we have now was done by someone else we paid. i just provided the content. so as far as knowing how it all work si have no idea as my partner handle the other website since she knew the people doing it

these are things i need to knwo as i have no experience with any of this. the gym one we have now was done by someone else we paid. i just provided the content. so as far as knowing how it all work si have no idea as my partner handle the other website since she knew the people doing it
    If you need any help, let me know. I was the Dir of Mkt for a corp. so I have the experience. Good luck with it. If you are mmeeting with them next week and you think there is a chance the name you want could be purchased I would go ahead and get it.

i may be taking you up on that

If you need any help, let me know. I was the Dir of Mkt for a corp. so I have the experience. Good luck with it. If you are mmeeting with them next week and you think there is a chance the name you want could be purchased I would go ahead and get it.
    so basically i buy it, it's mine, now i tell them here's the domain name and let's build the site around this. the reason i ask is because i have apparel that is waiting to be made and i can get that in the works a week earlier if i have the website name ready to go on the apparel
    i'm just trying to get some of the little stuff out of the way that i can do before this weekend

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes. Buy it and you can always transfer it. i've built a couple of sites through network solutions and they are pretty nice. (very cheap too). There tools to build sites are great.

so basically i buy it, it's mine, now i tell them here's the domain name and let's build the site around this. the reason i ask is because i have apparel that is waiting to be made and i can get that in the works a week earlier if i have the website name ready to go on the apparel
    i'm just trying to get some of the little stuff out of the way that i can do before this weekend
    That is correct. Let me know if you need snything else. Dont forget to buy .org and maybe .biz also

That is correct. Let me know if you need snything else. Dont forget to buy .org and maybe .biz also

mass junkie is offline banned
    or GoDaddy

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Not to mention .info and .net hell buy them all up

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike J
    Not to mention .info and .net hell buy them all up
    Oh yeah, there are so many

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    go to www.eukhost.com is your british, great provider and great prices. i have my sites with them

www.impact106fm.com

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey, werent you talking about your clothing line like 3 years ago, that you wanted to or you were getting started? If that wasnt you, my bad mustve been someone else, but if so, cool you are getting it under way!! Props man.

As for domain names, pretty simple just as everyone here said. Just dont forget to renew the name when it expires.

max

Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    Hey, werent you talking about your clothing line like 3 years ago, that you wanted to or you were getting started? If that wasnt you, my bad mustve been someone else, but if so, cool you are getting it under way!! Props man.

As for domain names, pretty simple just as everyone here said. Just dont forget to renew the name when it expires.

max

u talkin to me?

I was talking to partyboy but if it wasnt him, might have been you who i remember if you were a member back in like 2001... i just remember someone being pretty excited about a clothing line of theirs that they were trying to start...

max

Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    I was talking to partyboy but if it wasnt him, might have been you who i remember if you were a member back in like 2001... i just remember someone being pretty excited about a clothing line of theirs that they were trying to start...

max
    lol nah not me mate i dj and workout for a living

Nice! i wish i could workout for a living!

Thread Information