Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

Anyone ever drink absinthe?

I know a lot of you probably think I don't need it, what with my All my AR Children scripts and other senseless posts, but I really, REALLY want to see if that stuff is all it's cracked up to be. I suppose I could go through another 'shrooms phase if I really wanted to, but they've been such a pain in the ass to get lately. Regardless, if any of you have drank it before, I'd love to hear about it...particularly as to whether it's hallucinogenic properties live up to billing.

Kato is offline Member
    bro i have been wantin to try some of this forever. is it available to you? no, i'm not lookin for a source. j/c!

Kato is offline Member
    there was an article in Maxim awhile back. it rated about 5-6 diff brands. even gave web addy's as to where to get it. but they were all overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato
    bro i have been wantin to try some of this forever. is it available to you? no, i'm not lookin for a source. j/c!
    It seems readily available on line from many overseas and apparently legit shippers...with sort of the same caveat as buying other 'grey market' goods.

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Although I have never personally tryed this, there was a conference in New Orleans a few years back, and low and behold there was Absinthe to be found there. Regardless, a few friends of mine gave it a try, and said it gave them a certain "clarity" of mind. Evidently, if you drink a little, it can give a slight euphoric feeling, however, due to the alcohol content, any more then a little (a few glasses) gets you completely drunk as does a normal alcoholic beverage.

....Reminds me also of Eurotrip, with the Green Fairy flying around....

Quote Originally Posted by HeartDocMD
    Although I have never personally tryed this, there was a conference in New Orleans a few years back, and low and behold there was Absinthe to be found there. Regardless, a few friends of mine gave it a try, and said it gave them a certain "clarity" of mind. Evidently, if you drink a little, it can give a slight euphoric feeling, however, due to the alcohol content, any more then a little (a few glasses) gets you completely drunk as does a normal alcoholic beverage.

Van Gogh used to use it....same with Oscar Wilde....that alone makes me want to try it.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    That fairy is badass!

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    i looked into ordering it but for 17 ounces it was somewhere between 115 for the cheap stuff and 175 for the top shelf stuff. Its supposed to be the bomb when you mix it with red bull and vodka, its called a bull rush. Maybe someday.......

IntensityX is offline BDTRs SHEMALE
    **** I need some,I work in #$@#$@#$ retail for crying out loud

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    BigGreen it is just really strong alcohol with just a little of the hallucinogenic properties (wormwood) in it. The absinth today is nothing as compared to what it was back during the late 1800’s to early 1900’s. It was the drug of choice for many artists because it had been reported to stimulate the creative process or creative part of the brain. One glass of the green fairy had you tripping back in the day. However, today you would have to drink two whole bottles to get that kind of effect and then you would be so drunk you would not know which part of you is up or down. Absinth was banned in most countries because there were some incidents with blindness. So, most countries took it off the market except for some Slavic countries and I think it is still legal in Spain. However, the stuff you order from there will mostly just be a good strong drink with very little hallucinogen.

S R H is offline Associate Member
    Guys... if your not really into the whole drinking thing cause ur on a cycle or wtvr and u wanna try some absynth, Order wormwood (the main ingredient in absynth that makes you trip) and smoke it. It been done by a mass amount of people and is used as a "legal high" for some people.

I can give u guys a link if u want....i dono if im allowed too just hit me up on AIM and ill direct u to the cheapest site out there. Who knows, if you wanna drink it youd prolly be able to make ur own absynth type drink fromt his stuff.

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    BduBbz check your pm

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    I drank quite a bit between Europe and Asia. I wasnt all that impressed. Once you catch the euphoria, the alchohol quickly takes over and you are drunk. If you could aquire the ingredients like some kits I have seen, and increase the amount of wormwood in the concoction, it may be intresting. I personaly believe the amount of opium that they smoked influenced them much more than the absinth.

S R H is offline Associate Member
    Fat dude check your pm

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    heres an interesting article on the green fairy

http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.co...2_absinthe.htm

decadbal is offline Banned
    drugs are bad bbay

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    I drank it lots of times....wasn't really impressed.....my friends who play hockey always used ot brin it from the Chezch republic! Its just REALLY harsh alcohol! You et drunk from just 3 shots, but nothin more to it than that really...

TexasFitnessGirl is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    I know a lot of you probably think I don't need it, what with my All my AR Children scripts and other senseless posts, but I really, REALLY want to see if that stuff is all it's cracked up to be. I suppose I could go through another 'shrooms phase if I really wanted to, but they've been such a pain in the ass to get lately. Regardless, if any of you have drank it before, I'd love to hear about it...particularly as to whether it's hallucinogenic properties live up to billing.
    Yes, I have! Wicked Green Monster

rob35145 is offline Junior Member
    I actually have a bottle of Absinth Gold sitting in front of me right now. Had some last night. I ordered a bottle that has three times the normal amount of wormwood. It’s a harsh drink. Doesn’t taste the best, even when mixing it they way they tell you to. I have to agree with what everyone has said. You have to drink a butt load in order to “feel” anything and by that time you’re drunk.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    strong anise taste (Black licorice)
    high Alcohol content: 70%
    the legal limit of thujone (wormwood) is 35 mg (cause it can be toxic)
    theres more hype then high with this product.
    I bought my bottle from eabsinthe.com had it in less than a week
    but got like killed in shipping $64(bottle) and 35 shipping and, 8 bucks handeling.
    If i was going to buy again i think ill try absinth24.net but it wont be any time soon.

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    its readily available here (walmart even sells it)
    you light a sugar cube over the scinth, let it drip in, then shoot it
    tastes like ass.....no wormwood trips, unlike the old days
    but will get you drunk like never before

rob35145 is offline Junior Member
    My bottle says there is 100 mg of wormwood in it. Don't know if it's correct and I really didn't feel anything more than your normal buzz.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    its readily available here (walmart even sells it)
    you light a sugar cube over the scinth, let it drip in, then shoot it
    tastes like ass.....no wormwood trips, unlike the old days
    but will get you drunk like never before
    How much difference do you notice when lighting it on fire or not? Ive drank my fair share of sinth, but like inheritmylife said, the 140 proof alcohol takes control rather quick

So basically, if you are thinking this stuff will really make you trip or anything...it wont, unless it is on your face

TexasFitnessGirl is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    How much difference do you notice when lighting it on fire or not? Ive drank my fair share of sinth, but like inheritmylife said, the 140 proof alcohol takes control rather quick

So basically, if you are thinking this stuff will really make you trip or anything...it wont, unless it is on your face
    The real stuff is actually illegal inthis country

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasFitnessGirl
    The real stuff is actually illegal inthis country
    Ive spent time overseas But yes, it is illegal for anybody who was unclear about that....

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette

i have no idea why they light the sugar on fire.....i guess its the way they did it in the old days....the taste might make you trip

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    just look for the thread i posted about ****ting in my dresser drawer! lol

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    it's alright. i'll post a bit more when i get some time.

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    isnt that the stuff they get in the movie "euro trip"?

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    We can buy it here at any just about any store that sells booze..a store here called Auchan, a grocery/clothing store, like a Fred Meyer or Super Wal-Mart, sells it ..to get the "tripping qualities" from it, you must drink alot..it is a "cumulative" effect that is built up over quite awhile.
    It isnt just a "drink and trip" type of thing. All the hype over Absinthe is just that-HYPE!

Quote Originally Posted by BamaSlamma
    We can buy it here at any just about any store that sells booze..a store here called Auchan, a grocery/clothing store, like a Fred Meyer or Super Wal-Mart, sells it ..to get the "tripping qualities" from it, you must drink alot..it is a "cumulative" effect that is built up over quite awhile.
    It isnt just a "drink and trip" type of thing. All the hype over Absinthe is just that-HYPE!
    you wont get the "tripping effect" by drinking lots of it
    after 3 drinks, the alcohol takes over and you are left with the "drunk off your ass effect"
    some of it is 70%....equivalent almost to bacardi 151

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    you wont get the "tripping effect" by drinking lots of it
    after 3 drinks, the alcohol takes over and you are left with the "drunk off your ass effect"
    some of it is 70%....equivalent almost to bacardi 151
    Exactly- the effect of it all...is a cummliative effect- it takes a while to build up in a person...drink more than a 2 drinks IMO- the day is finished!

odrorir is offline Associate Member
    Not true in the least,

I've drank enough Absinthe to have gotten plentry drunk, and I never feel the effects of alcohol. Neither has anyone else Ive tried it with. I think most modern Absinthe doesnt have enough wormwood to give it the proper effect.

The herbal effects seem to cancel out the effects of the alcohol.

*I brew my own, it is very strong *****

Last edited by odrorir; 09-20-2004 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Addition

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    That fairy is badass!

werd!

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    I have on several occasions and its not worth it.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    not what it's chalked up to be.

odrorir is offline Associate Member
    Make some of your own, I can post a good recipe or two. 2 shots and you feel good, light but clear headed.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    not what it's chalked up to be.

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    i own a liquor store and we sell it but the real stuff is illegal. ours is hills absinthe. the real stuf that van gogh cut his ear off wit is only availabl ein france i think

DocHoliday is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BduBbz
    Guys... if your not really into the whole drinking thing cause ur on a cycle or wtvr and u wanna try some absynth, Order wormwood (the main ingredient in absynth that makes you trip) and smoke it. It been done by a mass amount of people and is used as a "legal high" for some people.

I can give u guys a link if u want....i dono if im allowed too just hit me up on AIM and ill direct u to the cheapest site out there. Who knows, if you wanna drink it youd prolly be able to make ur own absynth type drink fromt his stuff.

Word, wormwood, check the PM

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tycin
    i own a liquor store and we sell it but the real stuff is illegal. ours is hills absinthe. the real stuf that van gogh cut his ear off wit is only availabl ein france i think
    ive had absinth in europe, the us and stuff made from wormwood. None of it is worth it imo. Or maybe it's just that it was so hyped I expected more from it. But i'll never do it again, not because of bad experience just because I didnt enjoy it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information