Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member

Man this blows my mind!! How easy is it for someone to find your IP??

I am surfing through some posts on another board. And there is a guy there that has something in his signature that looks like a sign. On the sign it reads

You are,xxx.xx.xxx.xxx! Your ISP is xxxxxxx.net!
    You are running on Windows XP and using IE6!
    I am God!

I checked and the information is correct!! How is this guy doing this??? If its that easy to find an IP thats scary!!

Here is a link for you to look at it your self. Scroll down to a guy named Duck Call.

http://www.massmonsterz.com/forum/sh...threadid=17921

statuZ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    I am surfing through some posts on another board. And there is a guy there that has something in his signature that looks like a sign. On the sign it reads

I am God!

I checked and the information is correct!! How is this guy doing this??? If its that easy to find an IP thats scary!!

Here is a link for you to look at it your self. Scroll down to a guy named Duck Call.

dudes he not actually recording your ip, it just displays it, its like a php thing. Its a signature so i dont see how it would record your info and anyways how would he know hwo you are just by your ip?

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Im dont even know how to find someones IP. I didnt think he was recording them. I figure it is some kind of program. But what im getting at is that is too easy.

l6873 is offline Associate Member

Angelis is offline Banned
    its really easy anywhere you go on the net ur IP is logged and with ur IP anyone can get into you computer through the net... thats why you need protection! (anti-virus / Firewall / Trojan Scanner / ETC... )

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    HAHA, He haXed j00!

The poster doesn't have your IP. That image is hosted on a webserver somewhere. When your browser makes a request for that image, your IP is transmitted as a matter of course. The image is dynamically generated to include your IP and isp.

It's pretty hard to get your IP unless you make a direct connection with a compromised machine.

Rod Farva is offline Associate Member
    I had that as my autosig on EZ board for a while and I got a ton of worried PMs from people and finally took it down. It got some great reactions though. Funny stuff. If you want to do it then just make your autosig:

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    As MMC said this image is a hack trick. My IP is not what this picture says but that's what I would like sites to think that it is. Also, I think some variationsof this icon change every time a page is loaded (not the IP part, just the quote and/or guy holding the sign)

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Farva
    I had that as my autosig on EZ board for a while and I got a ton of worried PMs from people and finally took it down. It got some great reactions though. Funny stuff. If you want to do it then just make your autosig:

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I was the FIRST to have that on that board.

Copycats!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78

I am God!

decadbal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Copycats!

~SC~
    be your own cat..right SC..lol

Rod Farva is offline Associate Member
    You never know how easy it is to find out all your info. I fooled around with phony IP's to get back on a softball board that I was banned from (the owner literally went born again and banned a bunch of us) and I thought I was pretty slick about it.

A couple of days ago I found some big b00b message board (ok - I'm a perv). The mod over there (Ranger) had some problems with a few people making fun of girls who posted their juggs on the board and decided to make an example out of these guys. Now I don't think Im' nearly as slick as I thought I was.

I'm not advertising for this forum...I've only been there for a few days. This link doesn't have any smut on it - that is not my purpose. Just take a look at the guy's resume:

http://bbs.bigbreastlovers.com/phpBB...ic.php?t=18552

And then what he did to the a$$holes who kept f'ing up:

http://bbs.bigbreastlovers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18613

At first he seems like he might be some a-hole braggart but it after seeing what he knows (if that's all true and I have to assume that it is), it appears that he has the skills to back up his 'tude. The moral of this story is that even though you may think you're 100% safe, you're probably not. If Fortune 500 companies aren't immune than neither are you.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I was the FIRST to have that on that board.

Copycats!

~SC~

LMAO Swole are you banned on that board??? hahaha...... what did you do?

Elysium is offline Productive Member

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    LMAO Swole are you banned on that board??? hahaha...... what did you do?
    Nah, BK and I are cool.

~SC~

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    that would be real cool and all, if that were actually my IP address. If you want to know your IP, just go to a command line and type "ipconfig" or "ipconfig /all"

HyperSick is offline Associate Member
    Most Web servers record all IP addresses in their logs.

A lil reminder to anyone that chats on msn,aol,yahoo...anytime you type anything in a chat room your ip can be sniffed. Same goes for when you send a pm.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodtobeapimp
    A lil reminder to anyone that chats on msn,aol,yahoo...anytime you type anything in a chat room your ip can be sniffed. Same goes for when you send a pm.
    Unless you have direct connect enabled, I'm pretty sure this is wrong.

Thread Information