Thread: Injured

Cleaner13 is offline Junior Member

Injured

hey guys I wasnt sure where to post this, maybe I didnt do enough looking around

but tonight I got injured in a fairly painful way

I was playing basketball and I went to swat the ball out of another players hand (downwards) and my entire left shoulder pulled out of the socket and was popping through the skin(not a puncture but you saw it sticking)

I went to the emergency room and **** and they put it back in place

I was wondering if anyone knows a way besides rest obviously to heal it faster, supplements, AS etc?

Im so afraid of getting muscle atrophy as I am very proud of how far my shoulders have come and Im not a huge guy (5'10" 182lbs) so they add alot of look and lots of power

the pain has even gone as far as my lower left trap, but not terribly bad just slightly

guess it was good that a day or so ago I hit my self dead lift record for 400lbs 2 Reps lol

anyway
    thanks for the advice guys and I guess wish me luck cause this is really pissing me off

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You need to rest, rest, more rest.

No AAS is going to help, only time. I dislocated my left shoulder really bad 3 times in 5 months.

Time is what you need, lots and lots of time.

~SC~

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    It will only get worse if you still persist in using it. SC is always right, it just needs a lot of rest.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    You need to rest, rest, more rest.

No AAS is going to help, only time. I dislocated my left shoulder really bad 3 times in 5 months.

Time is what you need, lots and lots of time.

~SC~

did you do any kind of working out when you were resting? i.e. like abdominals or legs or cardio, thats pretty much what I am limited too, I think it would be stupid to only lift with one side of my body and it would be uneven as hell

thank you I appreciate your help

Yes, do legs, that will help to keep size on your upper body. (No more than two times a week, or every 5-6 days) U can do abs, but all other upper body stuff will have to be on a day-to-day basis. After like 2-3 weeks, I was on the flat hammer press going very light trying to do SOME chest stimulation. It works, just keep the legs up to par, and the hormonal release from the leg work should keep your upper body "all good" for at least 2-3-4 weeks, and allow all other upper body nagging injuries to heal as well.

~SC~

decadbal is offline Banned
    take time off from anything using it, let it heal the more it comes out, the easier it will be able to next time..

Thank you very much guys

I appreciate all the help and hopefully I wont lose too much size as Im not that big from the start

thanks

Carl

Nah, you'll be fine.

The thing is to make sure you DON'T dislocate it again, at least too soon. If you do, your shoulder girdle can develop a "track" where it slips in/out at any given time, dependent upon your sudden movements. If you don't allow it to heal, and you develop such a track, you are REALLY going to hate life.

Put in the rest now, and in a few months, it won't matter. If you develop a track, in a few months, you'll be where you started now, or worse!

~SC~

Thread Information