Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member

How would you like to get this ticket???

Minn. Trooper Writes 205 Mph Ticket

Sep 22, 7:37 AM (ET)

WABASHA, Minn. (AP) - With a State Patrol airplane overhead, a motorcyclist hit the throttle and possibly set the informal record for the fastest speeding ticket in Minnesota history: 205 mph.

On Saturday afternoon, State Patrol pilot Al Loney was flying near Wabasha, in southeastern Minnesota on the Wisconsin border, watching two motorcyclists racing along U.S. Highway 61.

When one of the riders shot forward, Loney was ready with his stopwatch. He clicked it once when the motorcycle reached a white marker on the road and again a quarter-mile later. The watch read 4.39 seconds, which Loney calculated to be 205 mph.

"I was in total disbelief," Loney told the St. Paul Pioneer Press for Tuesday's editions. "I had to double-check my watch because in 27 years I'd never seen anything move that fast."

Several law enforcement sources told the newspaper that, although no official records are kept, it was probably the fastest ticket ever written in the state.

After about three-quarters of a mile, the biker slowed to about 100 mph and let the other cycle catch up. By then Loney had radioed ahead to another state trooper, who pulled the two over soon afterward.

The State Patrol officer arrested the faster rider, 20-year-old Stillwater resident Samuel Armstrong Tilley, for reckless driving, driving without a motorcycle license - and driving 140 miles per hour over the posted speed limit of 65 mph.

A search of speeding tickets written by state troopers, who patrol most of the state's highways, between 1990 and February 2004 shows the next fastest ticket was for 150 mph in 1994 in Lake of the Woods County.

Tilley did not return calls from the newspaper to his home Monday. A working number for him could not immediately be found by The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Only a handful of exotic sports cars can reach 200 mph, but many high-performance motorcycles can top 175 mph. With minor modifications, they can hit 200 mph. Tilley was riding a Honda 1000, Loney said.

Kathy Swanson of the state Office of Traffic Safety said unless Tilley was wearing the kind of protective gear professional motorcycle racers wear, he was courting death at 200 mph.

"I'm not entirely sure what would happen if you crashed at 200 miles per hour," Swanson said. "But it wouldn't be pretty, that's for sure."

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    If you had a bike that would do over 200, why would you even pull over? I would make that fuker chase me. Plus, what in the hell does he think would happen if you wrecked at 205? The same thing that would happen if you wrecked at 150!!

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    that's what I was thinkin....wtf keep goin!

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    ...Holy ****

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm sure They radioed ahead, and used a plane to catch him.

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg50
    I'm sure They radioed ahead, and used a plane to catch him.
    Yeah, you can't get away from the radio, but at that speed I would take the chance. I mean, you are already jail bound...at least in Georgia you are

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I went 130mph in my Mustang in a 55mph zone. Thats all i wanted.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    lol..will that hold up in court? that he used a freakin stop watch to clock him???

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    ive had my R1 to 192 (the speedo on bikes have to be corrected after 65- so i'm not sure of the actaul speed) as far as running, you might as well pull over... no one can out run a radio- and i'd rather have a ticket than be medevaced to a hospital... live and learn...lol

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    ive gone 110 over the speed limit, 145 in a 35, i cant imagine going 205mph, that must be insane.

rugbyking is offline Associate Member
    have you heard of the new motorcycel with a viper engine? i think its called the raptor but i could be wrong. someone told me that the company that makes it dyno tested it and it got to 400mph. could you imagine that ****?

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    he's **** lucky he just got a ticket. I've been jailed for less.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    ive gone 110 over the speed limit, 145 in a 35, i cant imagine going 205mph, that must be insane.
    That's really dangerous. I'm glad there weren't any children around.

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Wonder if the motorcyclist can get it dropped to faulty speedo??

I think there is alot of deer around that area too, that woulda blown if one of those suckers jumped out onto the road.

Kato is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bathgate
    lol..will that hold up in court? that he used a freakin stop watch to clock him???

yup, i can't believe you have never seen where its a police sting w/ the bear in the air! fairly common

ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member
    **** my car rattels when i hit 105, i wish i could go 205 i think i would cream my pants well i was driving

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    That's really dangerous. I'm glad there weren't any children around.
    no kids, how do you know? It was a school zone, and it was 3'oclock.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    I've done 140 in a Miata. I've done 145 in my Z06. It's pretty nerv racking. Palms get all sweaty and you get real paranoid. LAaaaaaahhh... What a rush! I don't like to top out really. I prefer to drag race.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    thats insane. anything over a 150kmh in a bike is crazy

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    no kids, how do you know? It was a school zone, and it was 3'oclock.
    I hope you're kidding...

Bro, even I don't speed like that in town... not smart... and I say this having come really close myself when I was 16.. about 2 or 3 inches to the right, and I would have killed someone young and innocent, for what....

Now, the highway at 3:30am is an entirely different story.. cuz there is no one out there but you....

If you're a freak like me, go to the track, that's where the big boys play....

houseofpain is offline Banned
    that is insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    I hope you're kidding...

Bro, even I don't speed like that in town... not smart... and I say this having come really close myself when I was 16.. about 2 or 3 inches to the right, and I would have killed someone young and innocent, for what....

Now, the highway at 3:30am is an entirely different story.. cuz there is no one out there but you....

If you're a freak like me, go to the track, that's where the big boys play....
    relax everyone, it was 1am on a street where no pedestrians are anyway, even though it is one of the busiest streets in so cal
    and BTW, I smoked some pussy in an M3, you should have seen how dissapointed he was in his overpriced and overmatched vehicle, priceless

Thread Information