Thread: whats my bf%

chevy44 is offline Member

whats my bf%

can you tell by looking at these pics?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails whats my bf%-back.jpg   whats my bf%-close-up-chestabs.jpg   whats my bf%-abpecs.jpg  

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    You can guess but that's about it. You need calipers or a huge tub o' water.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    9-10 % mt best guess?

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Around 8% to 10% I'd say...

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    lard ass! hahaaahaha just kidding yeah it looks to be around 10% give or take

Iowa is offline Banned
    Id say 10ish.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    9-10%

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i'm w/ these guys

i'm saying 11-12 %

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    i'm saying 11-12 %
    **** if thats the case i must be like 18-20% bf god****it!

obviously he's very lean

i'm trying to make out from the front ab shot if he is retaining any water as this will raise his LBM on calipers. if infact it is water, that suprailliac area and the abdomen millimeter reading maybe be lower due to the tension on his skin. if he drops the water the elasticity in those two places maybe decrease a bit and give a true miilimeter reading up to maybe 2 millimeters in each spot, which on a 7 point test with two spots now loose maybe bump that up from a 10 to an 11%. by no means am i knocking Chevy at all. the guy looks very lean. this is why it's so hard when people ask, what's my bf %. i have seen people with higher bf% look leaner than guys with low %'s.seen it with my own eyes many many times. you have to test it to be sure. we have alot of guys on here who are great at eyeballing it, but spend the $$ and test it out every 6 weeks if you have to.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    i'm trying to make out from the front ab shot if he is retaining any water as this will raise his LBM on calipers. if infact it is water, that suprailliac area and the abdomen millimeter reading maybe be lower due to the tension on his skin. if he drops the water the elasticity in those two places maybe decrease a bit and give a true miilimeter reading up to maybe 2 millimeters in each spot, which on a 7 point test with two spots now loose maybe bump that up from a 10 to an 11%. by no means am i knocking Chevy at all. the guy looks very lean. this is why it's so hard when people ask, what's my bf %. i have seen people with higher bf% look leaner than guys with low %'s.seen it with my own eyes many many times. you have to test it to be sure. we have alot of guys on here who are great at eyeballing it, but spend the $$ and test it out every 6 weeks if you have to.
    I agree, his abs look pretty tight and lean, however if you look at the side shot, he's shoulders and arms are not nearly as lean as his abs...it's very difficult to tell from pics, i remember when i was doing a show a while back and my calipers said i was 3.5% BF, and i knew i was about 6-7%, that is a big differance between the calipers and what i acctually was....if you really want to know go get it checked...XXL

chevy44 is offline Member
    so your saying im fat.. pieces of ****

same w/ me

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    I agree, his abs look pretty tight and lean, however if you look at the side shot, he's shoulders and arms are not nearly as lean as his abs...it's very difficult to tell from pics, i remember when i was doing a show a while back and my calipers said i was 3.5% BF, and i knew i was about 6-7%, that is a big differance between the calipers and what i acctually was....if you really want to know go get it checked...XXL
    year round i am always 4.5 on the calipers which i assume is about 6-7 actually.there is that 3-5% standard deviation w/ calipers which to be honest IMO only matter when you get into single digits.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    9 5/8% (just to be different )

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy44
    so your saying im fat.. pieces of ****
    no, im just sayin put some pants on..........queer.

Thread Information