Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet

Poor Lil Honda Boys....

Focus RS8:

Ford Racing Performance Parts (FRPP) used a sport-compact car to display the company's latest addition to an already powerful crate engine line-up – a modified Focus RS converted to rear-wheel drive and V-8 power – with the introduction of the Focus RS8 at this year's Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show.

Using the European Focus RS as a starting point, FRPP worked its engineering magic to mate its new, all-alloy, 5.0-liter 4-valve "Cammer" crate engine – cranking out a pavement-pounding 420 naturally aspirated horsepower – into the engine bay of the Focus. Although a handful of aftermarket firms have successfully mated Ford V-8 power with a Focus, the RS8 was built to show the versatility of a "Cammer" crate engine and "plug-and-play" engine electronics installation in a pure stock-looking Ford Focus.

The foundation of FRPP’s hot new 5.0-liter "Cammer" crate engine is rooted in the Ford SVT Mustang Cobra 4.6-liter four-valve engine family. However, the crate motor's flanged cylinder liners help provide 94mm (instead of 90.2mm) cylinder bores, creating a full 5.0-liters of piston displacement. And while the motor employs the 2003-04 SVT Mustang Cobra "Terminator" forged crankshaft with six-bolt mains and Manley "H-Beam" connecting rods for superior strength, the block itself is specially reinforced in the crankcase web areas for high torque loads.

Other key differences include forged pistons, an 11.0:1 compression ratio, ported heads, higher-lift cams and beehive-shaped valve springs. The crate engine also features higher-flow fuel injectors and a magnesium variable-geometry intake manifold, similar to the FR500 intake manifold currently offered in the 2004 FRPP catalog.

Ford Racing's new 5.0-liter "Cammer" crate engine comes with a stock SVT Mustang Cobra oil pan and exhaust manifolds, so an exhaust system – employing Ford Racing prototype metal-substrate catalysts and a set of Ford Racing dual-mode mufflers – was custom-fabricated to put the engine heat to the street.

One of the best parts about a Ford Racing 5.0-liter "Cammer" crate engine installation is that FRPP takes a lot of the guesswork out of the project by offering a choice of several length 5.0-liter 4-valve modular wiring harness kits that are created specifically to cover the most popular engine swap configurations. What's more, harness kits – which include the powertrain control module (PCM) – provide all of the necessary electrical connectors, including end terminals, a fuse box, a power distribution box, as well as switch connectors and fuel pump relays. The 5.0L EFI "Cammer" crate engine, including the wiring harness kit, will sell for a MSRP of $14,995 and will be available from the 2004 Ford Racing Performance Parts catalog.

Completing the RS8's powertrain is a Tremec five-speed HD transmission with a Ford Racing clutch kit and Ford Racing prototype shifter.

"Some sport-compact purists will likely never escape the four-cylinder mindset that keeps tuners and owners throwing bigger and bigger bucks at smaller and smaller performance gains," said Davis. "But we would like to think our 5.0-liter "Cammer" crate-engined Focus RS8 will somehow force the kind of performance paradigm shift that took enthusiasts from big traditional Muscle Cars to smaller, modern-day Pony Cars."

One look at the RS8 would suggest that its transformation from a production front-driver into a rear-drive pocket rocket was a study in simplicity. But in reality, Ford Racing engineers had their work cut out for them from the start.

Beyond fitting the drivetrain, there was the challenge of designing new suspensions front and rear. FRPP engineers put together a prototype setup inspired by Kugel Komponents up front, and a rear unit locating a Ford Racing 8.8-inch differential while offering adjustable ride height using Multimatic dampers. The newly-designed rear-wheel drive conversion kit will be sold through the FRPP catalog.

Four-wheel discs put the brakes on 18x8-inch European RS alloy wheels, wearing Michelin Pilot Sport 225/40 ZR18 tires up front and 255/45 ZR18s in the back.

"This isn't the typical sport compact modification project, but it sure will get attention out on the streets," exclaimed Davis. "With rear-wheel drive and over 400 horsepower, the Focus RS8 will make itself known at the drag strip and any road course. We're even going to take it drifting!"

Outside, the RS8 turns heads, thanks to the handsome European Focus RS styling cues and shimmering Blue Pearl Coat exterior paint treatment. Inside, the Focus RS provided the seating while Ford Racing chipped in with its Focus A-Pillar Gauge Pod and a full complement of Ford Racing Gauges. Also installed were a Harmon/Becker Traffic-Pro, a Sirius Satellite Radio system and Infinity amps and speakers – just to make sure the tunes are powerful, too.

LINK

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    Wow now thats a cool Focus. Wish they had some ETs for that thing
    Last edited by juicehoe; 09-24-2004 at 07:19 PM.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Pfffffff....

OG

Quote Originally Posted by juicehoe
    Wow now thats a cool Focus. Which they had some ETs for that thing
    No kidding....

Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    Pfffffff....

OG
    lol...

Lol...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Poor Lil Honda Boys....-rice_krispies.jpg  

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Lol...
    haha...ohh ur bad...

OG

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    this is exactly what i want to do with my money......put it into a ford focus so i can be a total badass............BIG negative on that one

Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    this is exactly what i want to do with my money......put it into a ford focus so i can be a total badass............BIG negative on that one
    I agree, believe me, but if you're going to drive a FWD, grandma-mobile, you might as well have a 5.0 cammer under the hood

No kidding, i can't wait til i'm old and i'll have something like that in my car and i'll pull up to some young punk in some thunderbird supercoupe and blow his doors off........boy will he feel stupid

No kidding, i can't wait til i'm old and i'll have something like that in my car and i'll pull up to some young punk in some thunderbird supercoupe and blow his doors off........boy will he feel stupid

Come spring that will no longer be possible my friend...

why is that, doors rusted out? Just gonna take em off?

why is that, doors rusted out? Just gonna take em off?
    Nope, cardboard bodykit and spoiler...

Actually this ford doesn't have one spot of rust on her... after 14 years... sorry to disappoint you...

Cardboard duznt rust my friend

But no seriously i'll refrain from bashing fords as i just bought a new F150

builtthekid is offline Banned
    That focus would be one hell of a sleeper if u know
    what I mean.

I think I'm going to run a centrifugal instead of a roots blower this spring on my small block, and I'm currently hunting for a new crank (331ci when I'm done)....

Cardboard duznt rust my friend

But no seriously i'll refrain from bashing fords as i just bought a new F150
    Then allow me to bash for you ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

haha, yea i love that banner. As for the motor, whats your compression, how much boost you lookin to run?

haha, yea i love that banner. As for the motor, whats your compression, how much boost you lookin to run?
    Well, around 8.5:1cr, and around 10lbs.... give or take.. I'll see later on...
    Not sure if I'm going to go with a Procharger, Vortech, or what yet... haven't decided...
    I was originally going to run a turbo setup.. but I can't afford it...

Twin turbo is the **** for v8 if u think about it man 700hp easy
    oh yeah thank u team klr racing and comp shop.

Quote Originally Posted by builtthekid
    Like I said... if i had the money...
    How many students at 19 do you know that have aftermarket TT setups? Not many...

You have this set up on your toyota tercel do you?

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, around 8.5:1cr, and around 10lbs.... give or take.. I'll see later on...
    Not sure if I'm going to go with a Procharger, Vortech, or what yet... haven't decided...
    I was originally going to run a turbo setup.. but I can't afford it...
    daamn you have the compression ratio of something hella more seriuos!!! too low of a comp. ratio vs boost pressure give sluggish power. well since its probalby your daily driver im sure its for reliability purpose... sissy boost... LOL

btw awesome Ford powerpack!!!

You have this set up on your toyota tercel do you?
    Bahaha...

haha man if u put twin turbos on a honda then that ****
    would shoot the heads right off the engine and thru your hood.
    Pontiac transam nigga. Yeah im poor but my parents are rich so
    do the math mofo

Quote Originally Posted by TRLS63
    daamn you have the compression ratio of something hella more seriuos!!! too low of a comp. ratio vs boost pressure give sluggish power. well since its probalby your daily driver im sure its for reliability purpose... sissy boost... LOL

LOL.. I have ran more, and less... so I'm aware...

Currently on the V6 I have 8.2:1, with 11lbs.... runs OK... only 315 ft-lbs stock... that's why I'm going bigger....

I can always fuk with the boost later...

Yes but as his comp gets higher hes gonna lower the amount of boost he can run

haha man if u put twin turbos on a honda then that ****
    would shoot the heads right off the engine and thru your hood.
    Pontiac transam nigga. Yeah im poor but my parents are rich so
    do the math mofo
    People like you? I hate....
    I wish my parents had $.. or that I lived within 4 hours of them...

Ding Ding Ding...

Bro, i can get you an amazing deal on an 87 tercel, i know you'll need the time to save money, but pm me and i'll hook u up with the details

Bro, i can get you an amazing deal on an 87 tercel, i know you'll need the time to save money, but pm me and i'll hook u up with the details
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Poor Lil Honda Boys....-ricers.jpg  

LOL.. I have ran more, and less... so I'm aware...

Currently on the V6 I have 8.2:1, with 11lbs.... runs OK... only 315 ft-lbs stock... that's why I'm going bigger....

I can always fuk with the boost later...
    yeah but thats cool that you got that ratio, gives you more room for futur serious stufff

yeah but thats cool that you got that ratio, gives you more room for futur serious stufff
    Well, having experience with a natty/asp car that runs 7s is pretty serious, don't you think ... too bad it's a BB Chev...

i have seen nsx that got 12:1 ratio with 12lbs of boost, for sure they cant go higher than that but it show that it still doable to run boost with high comp ratio.

i have seen nsx that got 12:1 ratio with 12lbs of boost, for sure they cant go higher than that but it show that it still doable to run boost with high comp ratio.
    Sure you can run higher CR's that 8.5:1... but where in fuk are you getting the 110 octane alongside the highway? I rest my case...

Nah man its because im good at my sport thats why they spoil
    me and its not really my parents that have money its my mom
    she got a phd.

Well, having experience with a natty/asp car that runs 7s is pretty serious, don't you think ... too bad it's a BB Chev...
    7s normally asp. car is a serious mechanical twist!!! but those engines weight a ton!!

7s normally asp. car is a serious mechanical twist!!! but those engines weight a ton!!
    Yes, but, it's rear-engine ...

Sure you can run higher CR's that 8.5:1... but where in fuk are you getting the 110 octane alongside the highway? I rest my case...
    i got 110 fuel at my local shell and he got the entire VP fuel line up! i wish!! nah seriously i think it still stable to run that kind of CR conventionnal high octane fuel without much detonation.

my friend is studying to be a chemist and his professor made some stuff
    that with two drops of it would raise his octane level by 25 points

i got 110 fuel at my local shell and he got the entire VP fuel line up! i wish!! nah seriously i think it still stable to run that kind of CR conventionnal high octane fuel without much detonation.

Nope... not for long... at higher boost...
    And remember, if you have high CR, you need to run lower boost than you could at lower CR.... unless you like pinging all the way to the store... and like rebuilding your enginer every 3 weeks... not for me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information