Thread: Toooo much

bex
    bex is offline Banned

Toooo much

When would you class your training as a addiction .IE do you think it sleep it ..does it control you( me personally it takes a big chunk out of my life)You must be honest .............

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    everything but my girlfriend..comes second to my training

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    I feel guilty when I don't train, so I guess that would be a sign that I am addicted.

Jenna is offline Female Member
    I'm not addicted enough! I splurged this weekend and bought lasagna, calzone, spagetti w/ meatballs, stuffed jalapenos, and a small cheese pizza ALL at once! Yea - I had a friend help me eat it - but damn! I can't keep that crap up!

I need to become addicted like I used to be. I agree with 9natural9 that workouts should be addicting, somewhat, just not to the point where it stops you in other areas of your life from having fun and enjoying life!

<<<< JENNA >>>>

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i'm definalty addicted...if i miss a workout, i get grouchy and mean. it messes up my chemical balance

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    addicted no question!

MindBomb is offline Member
    Guilty. I always think about my next workout while working out. Silly huh?

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Originally posted by MindBomb
    Guilty. I always think about my next workout while working out. Silly huh?
    Not at all, sounds good actually, planning everything out n shit

Me and my friends started working out basically for a hobby/past time. We were all interested in it, and we believed we would be good at it. And now we are addicted. Basically BB comes first to everything...sad but true.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Ha funny I was thinking about this the other day, especially when my woman told me that I couldn't go work out Right then and their when she told me that, I had to question my relationship with her, and thought to myself, "should I tell her to get lost now or after my workout". needless to say I did my workout anyways, and things are "still okay" with us. But if it happens again, look out.. might just be single again...
    Yeah I guess you can say I am a workout addict..

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    you have to be addicted in this sport to reach your goals, its not a hobby, its a full time job. would you rather be addicted to drugs and liquer, or working out? everyone has an addiction, and bodybuilding cancels out all the bad habits, if you are serious. if you arent serious, you are just waisting your time and should be happy with looking like crap.

I totally agree BigKev. It started out as a hobby, like I said above, and now it's turned into something totally new. It's an addiction, and yeah, I think it's WAY better for kids parents to see that they are getting into some sort of sport/athletic thing, like Bodybuilding, compared to smoke/drinking/drugs/late night raves and coming back in the middle of the night! Although I'm pretty sure some of you still do that

The other thing though, when you say "would you rather be addicted to drugs..." well, steroids are drugs

But yeah, j/k, i know exactly what you mean bro!

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Yeah, I'm hooked. I work out at a 24 hour gym which is really tempting at midnight when I'm bored at home.

Originally posted by EXCESS
    Yeah, I'm hooked. I work out at a 24 hour gym which is really tempting at midnight when I'm bored at home.

Fuck it dude, next time take a sleeping bag with you, WHY LEAVE???

Zoolander is offline Junior Member
    I am so addicted to it that it is a number one priority whenever I plan my daily schedule.
    I never seem to get enough of it

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    Addicted has a negative connotation. Call it Flow. I know, it sounds stupid, but according to psychologists Flow is becoming so enthralled in something that when you are in it, nothing else matters and when you are not in it, all you can do is think about is when you can.

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    If something is a positive influence on your life, I wouldn't classify it as an addiction. Lifting, eating health, and taking care of myself are a large part of my daily life, but they are a passion, not addiction.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Originally posted by broncojosh
    If something is a positive influence on your life, I wouldn't classify it as an addiction. Lifting, eating health, and taking care of myself are a large part of my daily life, but they are a passion, not addiction.
    Excellent point Bronco !

Thread Information