Atlas of Anatomy is offline New Member

Arrow Would Like To Offer Assistance

Greetings Everyone. First off I want to extend thanks to Blown SC for the advice .

I have been training since I was 15 years old, and have found fewer things in my life that I have gotten as much enjoyment from. I have used AAS off and on over that time, and have been fortunate enough to compete and win because of hard work, and good advice.

Today I am a physician and I have found that there are alot of people out there who would like to talk to their doctors about steroids , but are afraid of being chastised or that their steroid use will become part of their medical record.

As someone with personal experience I truly enjoy being able to talk to anyone with questions about current health issues or things that concern them surrounding their use of AAS.
    This is a great board, and I would have loved to have had this source of info and advice when I first got started 17 years ago.

If anyone has questions they would like to ask, drop me a line, but please don't ask me about cycles or where to get gear.

Best wishes.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Much better idea than doing what you were doing hahah ...
    Welcome aboard, hopefully your experience will help many...
    What do your cycles look like?
    Contests? Care to post pics?

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Welcome Bro!

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    welcome to AR bro its great to have you here!

Badgerman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas of Anatomy
    Greetings Everyone. First off I want to extend thanks to Blown SC for the advice .

I have been training since I was 15 years old, and have found fewer things in my life that I have gotten as much enjoyment from. I have used AAS off and on over that time, and have been fortunate enough to compete and win because of hard work, and good advice.

Today I am a physician and I have found that there are alot of people out there who would like to talk to their doctors about steroids , but are afraid of being chastised or that their steroid use will become part of their medical record.

As someone with personal experience I truly enjoy being able to talk to anyone with questions about current health issues or things that concern them surrounding their use of AAS.
    This is a great board, and I would have loved to have had this source of info and advice when I first got started 17 years ago.

If anyone has questions they would like to ask, drop me a line, but please don't ask me about cycles or where to get gear.

Best wishes.

Welcome.......I see steroids becoming a big issue for HS athletes.......I personally know of at least 8 users on our team alone......I pretty much keep my mouth shut......they all know the dangers it seems, but they just see juice as the only way to get big and strong enough.......and the sad thing is, the players making the big moves to D-1 etc are the guys juicing......what's your opinion???

builtthekid is offline Banned
    badgerman what your gonna realize is that when you get d1
    alot of people on your team will juice even in d2 or naia theres
    ways around the testing cough cough cath hurts like a bitch.

Built......you think it's possible to play NCAA and be a top player without the sauce??
    There's no way these kids can be carrying all that weight for their frame size without it it seems to me. I talked to a couple guys playing for an area D-1 school and they seemed to indicate ALL the defense was on.......

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas of Anatomy

Best wishes.

welcome bro, your knowledge will be very helpfull here! peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    Built......you think it's possible to play NCAA and be a top player without the sauce??
    There's no way these kids can be carrying all that weight for their frame size without it it seems to me. I talked to a couple guys playing for an area D-1 school and they seemed to indicate ALL the defense was on.......
    Genes and diet bro...

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Genes and diet bro...

You think???......I'm not convinced......look at how big the NFL guys are now compared to earlier years.......I can't believe it's all due to genetic drift in the population towards bigger guys......I know the training is more advanced.....but jeez......they are SOOOO big

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    You think???......I'm not convinced......look at how big the NFL guys are now compared to earlier years.......I can't believe it's all due to genetic drift in the population towards bigger guys......I know the training is more advanced.....but jeez......they are SOOOO big
    Yes, I do think. You asked, 'is it possible'.... and it is.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    i read somwhere that it is estimated that 90% of d1 starters use

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    We already have one board Doctor, but two is even better.

decadbal is offline Banned
    sup and welcome

DoctaBig is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    We already have one board Doctor, but two is even better.
    cough...almost 3...cough cough

DoctaBig is offline Member
    actually we have the heart doctor guy...i believe is heartdoctorMD???

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    welcome, nice to have you here.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    How do you think steroids should be regulated/restricted (if at all) in professional, college, and olympic sports? And what role should the team doctors play?

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    i read somwhere that it is estimated that 90% of d1 starters use

That's the impression I get......and alot of the top HS players too.

Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    How do you think steroids should be regulated/restricted (if at all) in professional, college, and olympic sports? And what role should the team doctors play?
    Better to be allowed and done right......than banned and done wrong with kids screwing themselves up like they are doing now.....

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    i think steroids should be legal..here's my argument lol...if ppl are gonna do them anyway, it should be adminstered and monitored by educated professionals they should have special clinics for it..where the dr.s' check your bp and everything else on a regular basis...it's like plastic surgery only we're actually willing to put in the work to get to where we want to be...i d k i could go one for an hour but i'm tired just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpup101
    i think steroids should be legal..here's my argument lol...if ppl are gonna do them anyway, it should be adminstered and monitored by educated professionals they should have special clinics for it..where the dr.s' check your bp and everything else on a regular basis...it's like plastic surgery only we're actually willing to put in the work to get to where we want to be...i d k i could go one for an hour but i'm tired just my .02
    A) This is not fantasy island
    B) Who is going to pay for the MD's to watch you? Hope you have a lot of $ laying around, cuz I know the states won't shell it out...

Atlas of Anatomy is offline New Member

Arrow Steroids and Athletes

Here's my opinion...AAS should never become an integrated part of professional sports. Sure the idea of a "clinic" setting where cycles are regulated etc sounds like a good answer, but the inevitable fact is that things would be constantly pushed to the limit and eventually with time the original principle of keeping the athletes safe would fall to the almighty dollar. At that point someone will die, and then all hell will break loose because of the public outcry. People would really have a bad take on steroids because now someone died in the hands of a qualified professional. The aftermath would be worse than the sitiuation we are in now.

I think that steroids have a very good position where they are..that being that everyone knows that they are part of sports, but if they don't talk about it or don't acknowledge it then it really isn't there (kinda like the Army's don't ask, don't tell approach).

Now having said that, I think that everyone who does use AAS, needs medical followup. Steroids are not benign drugs, and when used in the superphysiologic doses that they typically are, can cause harm. I truly believe that the biggest problem with AAS use today, is that too many start using without even a basic understanding, get themselves hurt, then end up on the front page.... "Oh look at those horrible anabolic steroids. Those horrible drugs screwed up little Johnny". Bullsh*t!

With the right knowledge and the right care, I thinik steroids like all medicines can be, and are used safely.

Thread Information