bermich is offline Anabolic Member

Dvd burners burning ps2 games.

Can I burn ps2 games with a dvd burner?? Will the game play on the PS2 if it is copied that way?

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes. But you need to have your PS2 modified.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    You might need a mod chip

helios is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    Yes. But you need to have your PS2 modified.
    you can find mod chips for sale in the internet just do a search on google

Tushe is offline Associate Member
    What about xbox games?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    to play a copied game, you must have your system modified no matter what system it is.

there's chip dealers all over the internet.

Im doing some research on the subject. I can go two ways. I can get a hard drive for the ps2 and download the games to it but it usually holds 15 games per 40gg drive.
    Heard the games load faster but I dont wanna be limited to keeping the games on my hard drive.

I heard to burn: I will need a mod chip, a dvd burner and decrypt program.

MY QUESTION IS::: I need a computer to burn the discs since I need Dvdecrypter or can I do it from a regular dvd dvd burner for television use?????

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    if ur dvd burner has 2 dvd/cd roms u can use that. it should work either way. i'd go with the chip rather than downloading into the hard drive

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tushe
    What about xbox games?
    You can burn xbox games, but the new thing now is just installing the games into the xbox harddrive, you can have up to 150 games directly installed into it. Not only xbox games, but ps2, cube, SNES, genesis, and even gameboy advance.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    You can burn xbox games, but the new thing now is just installing the games into the xbox harddrive, you can have up to 150 games directly installed into it. Not only xbox games, but ps2, cube, SNES, genesis, and even gameboy advance.
    not really.

there is no emulator for the game cube or ps2, not even the ps1...yet

all the other old school systems there are one for.

So all I need to do is Burn on the fly the game to the blank dvd. Then the mod chip bypasses the copywrite so everything is good to go? I dont need any computer programs for manipulating the game disc in anyway? Just straight copy ???

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    So all I need to do is Burn on the fly the game to the blank dvd. Then the mod chip bypasses the copywrite so everything is good to go? I dont need any computer programs for manipulating the game disc in anyway? Just straight copy ???
    a modchip has a different BIOS - illegal - which bypasses and allows you to do a lot of stuff.

well, they're shipped with legal BIOS, but then you install an illegal one

I also read that the mod chip needs to be soldered. How hard is that? Can a normal solder person do it or am I out of my league??

There is also a package. 120 gg hard drive compatible with ps2 and the discs to make it work. All you need to do is: load the disc from your computer drive and then reinstall it to your 120 gg ps2 drive. Costs like 120 dollars. Still cant play back up games with it.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    I also read that the mod chip needs to be soldered. How hard is that? Can a normal solder person do it or am I out of my league??
    i was a newbie to soldering until i did my first x-box a few months ago. was nervous b/c everything's so small. but now it takes me 5 min tops to do an entire-xbox (open, install chip, close case)

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member

There is also a package. 120 gg hard drive compatible with ps2 and the discs to make it work. All you need to do is: load the disc from your computer drive and then reinstall it to your 120 gg ps2 drive. Costs like 120 dollars. Still cant play back up games with it.
    better go with the HD, a lot cheaper than a dvd burner and MOD chip. 30 games is a lot, you just erase the one you dont like to free space...

Get a good pair of magnifier glasses with a light, a desoldering sucker tool, and a good iron. (good clean work )

Are dvd recorders able to record from dvd to dvd or does the copywrite prevent it?

I dunno, but i know my dvd/vcr will not because of copyright. I would imagine that is the same thing.

not2bigyet is offline Member
    I had a friend hook up my xbox with a mod chip, 120gig harddrive, and a switchable bios...great investment. The only trouble is, if you plan on playing xbox live, make sure you turn the chip off or you will get banned.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'

i get my ps2 games for $2 a piece. they have any imaginable game you want. they arent original tho i think theyr pirated from china. I bought my ps2 already converted and all.

Are dvd recorders able to record from dvd to dvd or does the copywrite prevent it?
    I burn every DVD I rent...they are copywrited but it takes about 1 second to crack it

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    I modded a ps2 with a chip I purchased online (actually had my first chip snatched up by customs -digital piracy act)...then ordered a premodded ps2 from www.precisionmods.com I have had it for about 3 years now...still going strong.

I dont believe you can copy from drive to drive on the fly, I use a program called RecordNow MAX, which creates an image of the ps2 disk, then allows you to burn a disk from that image....

Xbox games are a whole different story, and it takes more time to burn, xbox games are encrypted and you must connect your xbox to your pc, then ftp the files from the disk to your harddrive, then create an image, patch, then burn...

I have both systems modded, but hardly ever take the time to burn xbox games, strickly rip to the hd i have installed in the xbox....

Lastly, I would not recommend soldering if you have never soldered before, the points in which you need to solder are extremely small, and requires a delicate touch...

-Cy

TooSmall is offline Associate Member
    if you have never soldered before or are not to confident in your soldering skills dont try it
    dosent take much to mess up
    also it should be noted that as soon as you stick a chip in there you void your warranty....
    so if you happen to suck a soldering then bam there goes your ps2 and your **** out of luck
    just find someone who installs them and get them to do it for you, thats what i did

for burning ps2 games all you need is dvd decryptor which is freeware, and the nero burning rom
    nero is not free but if you have a dvd burner you most likely own a copy already or you can very easily get a copy off the net (kazaa or emule, just make sure you virus scan)
    basicaly you make a dvd image of the ps2 game in decryptor then burn it with the same program, its real easy i have 50 + ps2 games burned

any q's shoot me a pm

What program do you guys use to burn rented DVD's (movies). I'm just curious.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    not really.

there is no emulator for the game cube or ps2, not even the ps1...yet

all the other old school systems there are one for.

I guess I will just have to show you, my customers in Costa Rica have been doing it for months.

TooSmall is offline Associate Member
    dvd shrink man

can squeeze a dual layer disk onto a single layer by removing extra languages and compressing the special features

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    DVD Shrink is the bomb. it intergrates nero's burning software very well.

Thats the conclusion I came to after reading up on the subject for five full hours.
    Dvd shrink and nero. All the posts on the boards like it. Good results.
    Now all I need is a DVD burner and a mod chip. And a blockbuster game rental card.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    dvd shrink if you gotta take some stuff out - mostly extras, sub titles, & languages

dvd decryptor if shrink encounters a read error OR if all the files will fit on one disc without having to remove anything

Quote Originally Posted by TooSmall
    if you have never soldered before or are not to confident in your soldering skills dont try it
    dosent take much to mess up
    also it should be noted that as soon as you stick a chip in there you void your warranty....
    so if you happen to suck a soldering then bam there goes your ps2 and your **** out of luck
    just find someone who installs them and get them to do it for you, thats what i did

for burning ps2 games all you need is dvd decryptor which is freeware, and the nero burning rom
    nero is not free but if you have a dvd burner you most likely own a copy already or you can very easily get a copy off the net (kazaa or emule, just make sure you virus scan)
    basicaly you make a dvd image of the ps2 game in decryptor then burn it with the same program, its real easy i have 50 + ps2 games burned

any q's shoot me a pm

You can always go to Wal-Mart and buy a new P/S 2 and then take it back with the old system in it. That's how i did my computer upgrade

DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink, and CopytoDVD...works like a charm

all can be found at www.videohelp.com

I've heard lot's about DVD X Copy. Anyone have any experiences with it.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Screw DVD X xopy...

DVD Decryptor and Nero Recode!!!

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    smart ripper, dvd2one, nero....
    it sounds like im taking too many steps....
    is dvd shrink a ripper and compression tool all in one?
    -Cy

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by IronCy
    is dvd shrink a ripper and compression tool all in one?
    -Cy
    yes. plus you can set it up with nero to burn as soon as you're done ripping

skinnyhb is offline Member
    i'm gonna bring up an onld thread here, but i was wondering if anyone had used the mod chips that supposedly didn't have to be soldered. also, from what i understand, i CAN still burn ps2 games with only one drive. i just have to burn the image onto my drive and then burn to the disc. (can i use dvd shrink, or do i need some other program)

here is a link to the solderless chips.
    http://www.modchip.com/ps2/dms4eziorder.htm
    Last edited by skinnyhb; 02-14-2005 at 10:49 PM.

Thread Information